Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Predator 3 / Predators (epic merge)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 25,560 ✭✭✭✭Kess73

Galvasean wrote: »
    I blame Lost. Ever since that show came along the badass Mexican style woman seems to be a staple. Always hated her character, even when i watched Lost.

Can't blame Lost for that stereotype though. It was established long beforehand. Hell Michelle Rodriguez has made a career out of playing that stereotype long before she was on Lost as well.

SWAT, Resident Evil, Bloodrayne, The Breed, and so on

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,905 ✭✭✭✭Handsome Bob

Yeah, the original south american female hard nut was Jenette Goldstein. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,612 ✭✭✭uncleoswald

Galvasean wrote: »
    I blame Lost. Ever since that show came along the badass Mexican style woman seems to be a staple. Always hated her character, even when i watched Lost.

Nope it is all Cameron's fault:

vasquez1.jpg

Edit: Ah beaten to it.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,295 ✭✭✭✭Duggy747

:pac:

Anyone remember this?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,695 ✭✭✭fluke

Duggy747 wrote: »
    :pac:

Anyone remember this?

WTF? where did this come from?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 512 ✭✭✭Vomit

Predator was just another random 80's action film. Without Arnie it would have been nothing. It was a vehicle for his unique screen presence, humour and style. What's the fuggin POINT in remaking it without him?

• Registered Users Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

Vomit wrote: »
    Predator was just another random 80's action film. Without Arnie it would have been nothing. It was a vehicle for his unique screen presence, humour and style. What's the fuggin POINT in remaking it without him?

That might have been the initial idea but the Predator characters have gathered a huge fanbase worldwide on their own. That seems like the POINT to me, and the money I guess.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,177 ✭✭✭timetogetfit

They should Merge Rambo and Predator

• Registered Users Posts: 1,080 ✭✭✭TonyD79

Vomit wrote: »

Does this apply to Terminator aswell then?!! Jesse Ventura was the real star of the first film:p and the second one without Arnie was class aswell.
    Actually the Aliens vs Predator film would have worked with Arnie and Riply! If only!!:(

Predator vs the Cast of Lost would be a great final to the show!!

• Registered Users Posts: 30,746 ✭✭✭✭Galvasean

They should Merge Rambo and Predator

That would be the first Predator film :P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,553 ✭✭✭✭Dempsey

This is the downside to Chris Nolan's work on Batman, everyone now thinks they can do a reboot to the same success or generate money based on the hype of one.

• Registered Users Posts: 512 ✭✭✭Vomit

Sorry I didn't realise I was talking to people with vastly different ideas about what makes a good film... off I go!

Dempsey wrote: »
    This is the downside to Chris Nolan's work on Batman, everyone now thinks they can do a reboot to the same success or generate money based on the hype of one.

I don't think you can blame Nolan for Hollywood's dime a dozen remake/reboot of horror films these days, it's a case of pure lazyness. As for Spidey's reboot, from what I hear about their plans, it was a decision very much inspired by twilight.

LZ5by5 wrote: »
    I don't think you can blame Nolan for Hollywood's dime a dozen remake/reboot of horror films these days, it's a case of pure lazyness. As for Spidey's reboot, from what I hear about their plans, it was a decision very much inspired by twilight.

I'm not blaming him, just when someone comes up with an "original" idea, the rest put the wheels into motion to milk it until everyone is sick of it. His genius is the template of lazy idiots which is annoying!

Wont be long before all sorts of ****e is hyped because it uses 3D technology and claim it to be the next avatar etc

Spidey's Reboot?

Dempsey wrote: »
    I'm not blaming him, just when someone comes up with an "original" idea, the rest put the wheels into motion to milk it until everyone is sick of it. His genius is the template of lazy idiots which is annoying!

Wont be long before all sorts of ****e is hyped because it uses 3D technology and claim it to be the next avatar etc

Spidey's Reboot?

They are starting from scratch with Spider-Man, basing it on ultimate Spider-Man.

LZ5by5 wrote: »
    They are starting from scratch with Spider-Man, basing it on ultimate Spider-Man.

I havent heard anything about this but I wonder if joe public will be interested.

Versions upon versions is just going to turn people off imo.

What does Stan Lee make of it, I suppose he's enthusiastic because it makes him more money.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,909 ✭✭✭nix

Whats the difference between the spider man we know and ultimate spiderman ?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 36,497 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

Well there's not that much footage to make a total judgement, but I'm disappointed that they feel the need to include a mini-gun totting character in it: it's too far into the realm of fanoboyism for me.

Plus it's not as if the plot of this new movie isn't already a carbon copy of Predator 1, with the only addition being what seems to be a line-up of Hollywood stereotypes: Brody (possibly?) as the reluctant, world-weary & wrongly accused hero; Fishburne seems to be channeling his portentous, Morpheus schtick; we have a token Latino woman with an overly-large gun, a Yakuza with a samurai sword (with appropriate tattoos of course) and a Russian, who'll probably be drunk half the time. Ergh. All we need is a spunky pre-teen kid to round off the character list. Maybe throw in Vinny Jones as an English thug as well, just to round it all off :rolleyes:

But hey; sure it can't be any worse than the AvP movies, can it? Can it? :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

nix wrote: »
    Whats the difference between the spider man we know and ultimate spiderman ?

Ultimate Spider-man is an updated/dumbed down version of the normal line of comics.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,443 ✭✭✭✭Skerries

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 48 Den85

Looks great so far. Fingers crossed we'll get a true sequel o Predator 2.

Doesn't look too bad, it will probably be better than predator 2 and those AvP abominations but not as good as the first.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,925 ✭✭✭Otis Driftwood

Jaysus Larry Fishbourne has turned into an awful fat bastard.

Is it it just me thats a bit worried by the very obvious similarities on view ie the gatling gun or the scene towards the end of the trailer where Brody is diving for cover is a near carbon copy of a scene in the original when Arnie has the final battle with the predator.

I know they say that imitation is the sincerest form of flattery but for something thats supposed to be completly different from the original it doesnt seem all that different at all.Fair enough its a bare bones trailer but still.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,417 ✭✭✭ziggyman17

what a load of ****e... A reboot, Predator was a great stand alone action movie, the only need to make this new version is soley a money making idea.. A spiderman reboot on the way, a superman reboot coming too, The A Team on its way, these so called hollywood script writers seem to have really lost there way, it seems they have run out of ideas, forwhat its worth (which is'nt much) the remake of planet of the apes has to be the worst remake or reboot of all time

• Closed Accounts Posts: 48 Den85

ziggyman17 wrote: »
    what a load of ****e... A reboot, Predator was a great stand alone action movie, the only need to make this new version is soley a money making idea.. A spiderman reboot on the way, a superman reboot coming too, The A Team on its way, these so called hollywood script writers seem to have really lost there way, it seems they have run out of ideas, forwhat its worth (which is'nt much) the remake of planet of the apes has to be the worst remake or reboot of all time

It's actually more of a sequel to the first movie. The story revolves around the Predators taking humans to test their abilities after one of their own died at the hands of a human (Arnie). I think this looks great so far. I despised the AvP movies and I'm happy to see that the actual Predators don't look too different to the one in the first movie. Hell, in AvP they had steels armour all over their bodies. They looked bulky and ridiculous.

Apparently a known charcter is to return, since it's can't be Arnie (nobody could keep a lid on that) it's more than likely Danny Glover.

Remember the time when we thought AVP:R would be decent judging from the trailers? :(

Apparently a known charcter is to return, since it's can't be Arnie

But how awesome would that be!

But how awesome would that be!

If a film's got Arnie, it's guaranteed a viewing from me no matter how crap! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,093 ✭✭✭Doomofman

Apparently a known charcter is to return, since it's can't be Arnie (nobody could keep a lid on that) it's more than likely Danny Glover.

Remember the time when we thought AVP:R would be decent judging from the trailers? :(

A known character is not returning... There was an alternate ending written that featured the return of a known character but A) It hasn't been shot and B) it was dreadfully written and totally unnecessary to the film....

• Advertisement

Doomofman wrote: »
    A known character is not returning... There was an alternate ending written that featured the return of a known character but A) It hasn't been shot and B) it was dreadfully written and totally unnecessary to the film....

The latest from AICN regard the character reveal. I've spoilered it though it doesn't say who the character is, it just describes the scene Harry saw:
    They'll continue chatting for a bit, taking some questions, and if the audience is good, they'll play a scene. This scene isn't a creature scene. It is a character reveal. I'm not going to reveal who it is, but this character has been living on this planet for a while. He is wearing various 'gear' that is of alien origin. When the fx are finished, the character will decloak in front of Adrian Brody. He'll remove his helmet and will simply reveal his badassness to them. He'll tell them that they smell wrong, that they're too loud. He'll tell them that "THEY" will find them fast. And I wish I'd seen it a couple of times so I could have a better grasp of the dialogue. But this character's dialogue will incite cheers.

Advertisement