Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Predator 3 / Predators (epic merge)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,406 ✭✭✭PirateShampoo

Duggy747 wrote: »
    The latest from AICN regard the character reveal. I've spoilered it though it doesn't say who the character is, it just describes the scene Harry saw:

Yeah its
    Laurence Fishburne

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,925 ✭✭✭Otis Driftwood

If only.
    gary_busey_family.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 30,746 ✭✭✭✭Galvasean

Is this returning character something to do with
    that abandoned sequel concept where Dutch (Arnie) was transported to the Predators' homeworld to fight gladiator style
    ?

• Registered Users Posts: 20,553 ✭✭✭✭Dempsey

nedtheshed wrote: »
    If only.
    gary_busey_family.jpg

OMG

• Registered Users Posts: 1,829 ✭✭✭KerranJast

Don't go in that cave!

busey.gif

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 55,514 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Trailer is out.
    Pretty spoilery IMO (seems to show how some of the characters get killed).
    Looks good though.

http://www.comingsoon.net/news/movienews.php?id=64368

• Registered Users Posts: 6,618 ✭✭✭Mr Freeze

Looks alrite!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 36,497 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

Mr E wrote: »
    Trailer is out.
    Pretty spoilery IMO (seems to show how some of the characters get killed).
    Looks good though.

http://www.comingsoon.net/news/movienews.php?id=64368
    You ain't half right, that's one spoiler-tastic trailer right there. It certainly looks like it might be the business. I'm still not sold on any of the characters though, it's like they didn't even try to show some originality.

Trailer looks good. But then again so did AVPR...

• Registered Users Posts: 13,295 ✭✭✭✭Duggy747

Looks good but AVPR still left a sour taste in me mouth to trust this to be any good.

Man, that was a bad movie! :mad:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 745 ✭✭✭cable842

i really hope so
    Galvasean wrote: »
    Does this mean Alien Versus Predator 3: In Space! has been cancelled?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,589 ✭✭✭✭Necronomicon

Pretty much the same footage that was already released, just without Rodriquez talking. I agree with the above, AVP:R scarred my faith in trailers. It looked epic.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,657 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

Is the dog predator like the Predators hunting tool?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,857 ✭✭✭Valmont

I only watched 1 minute of the trailer so it didn't spoil anything really. I think it is set to be a good film now that I know Laurence Fishburne and Adrien Brody are in it. I like the premise that the humans are all killers back on earth and that's why the predators wanted to hunt them for sport. Damn, predators are awesome!

Is the dog predator like the Predators hunting tool?

Think so. I hear it's their equiovalent of a hunting dog. That said, wouldn't it be cool if we got to see some of the wild animals that lived on the Predators' game world (I'm not sure if it's meant to be the same planet as the Predator homeworld we got a peek at in AVPR)? Imagine the beasties they'd stock their jungles with! A small part of me is holding out that some dnosaurs will show up :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,406 ✭✭✭PirateShampoo

Think its like a Beagal but with sharper teeth.

And i cant stop watching that Gary Busey GIF. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,419 ✭✭✭allanb49

Please be good, any word on the ratings?

• Registered Users Posts: 23,568 ✭✭✭✭Frisbee

Have to agree the trailer gave away far too much of how people die.

I did really like the bit though where Brody is standing there with the predators laser sight on him and then more and more keep popping up on him.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,560 ✭✭✭✭Kess73

Galvasean wrote: »
    Think so. I hear it's their equiovalent of a hunting dog. That said, wouldn't it be cool if we got to see some of the wild animals that lived on the Predators' game world (I'm not sure if it's meant to be the same planet as the Predator homeworld we got a peek at in AVPR)? Imagine the beasties they'd stock their jungles with! A small part of me is holding out that some dnosaurs will show up :D

Now yer talking. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,417 ✭✭✭ziggyman17

Hopefully they do a good job on this.. when avp was first announced I had high hopes.. but alas they came to nothing...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,497 ✭✭✭Nick_oliveri

Predator was a great film but IMO it lacked enough people for the hunt. Although it was backed by awesome action and epic scenes/escapes.

Predator 2 was my favorite of the two because it was set in LA, it was a bit silly but there wasn't a set number of people for ol' pussyface to rip apart. I thought the tone of the film was brilliant, the heat, the tension and the Glover. "Want some candy?" Awesome film until the end, the end was pretty crap.

"Big Willy will see you now!"

As for the other AVP stuff, never happened.

And i cant stop watching that Gary Busey GIF. :D
    I know! Weird or what? It's just so creepy I can't take my eyes off it.

As for the other AVP stuff, never happened.
    I agree.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,442 ✭✭✭✭Skerries

i'll post up the sneak peek again as the other has been taken down

• Closed Accounts Posts: 462 ✭✭Suspiria79

This is too funny - Predator Redub

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BmY-CrgprEI

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,442 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

I'm one of those weirdos who isn't the biggest fan of old school action movies - I like Predator, but it isn't really anything special IMO [cowers in corner] - but I don't like the look of that trailer, seems the setting is a bit generically dark and dingy. Generic setting in a genre film? OK, maybe that isn't a great argument, but hopefully Robert Rodriquez can provide some visceral thrills. Trailer didn't grab me though.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,081 ✭✭✭ziedth

I saw the add for this during the week,

Nice little cast they have going on IMO

• Registered Users Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

whats failed the previous two outings of the predator ( avp series) is a really weak cast.

They have some pretty big screen precenses in there...hoping for the best

• Registered Users Posts: 11,589 ✭✭✭✭Necronomicon

TheDoc wrote: »
    whats failed the previous two outings of the predator ( avp series) is a really weak cast.

They have some pretty big screen precenses in there...hoping for the best

To be honest, I think that was the least of the AvP problems. But I agree, it is a very decent cast.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,829 ✭✭✭KerranJast

To be honest, I think that was the least of the AvP problems. But I agree, it is a very decent cast.
    AvP's main problem was complete ignoring the premise on which its based which was bad assed Space Marines like the ones from Cameron's "Aliens" dumped in the middle of the two species.

Hell if they'd just copied the plot from the AvP2 Marine campaign (the 2001 PC game) the film would have been sooooo much better.

Advertisement