Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cutting mobile phone costs

• 19-07-2009 11:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭

I am currently looking at purchasing a new phone, possibly the Samsung Tocco or similar touch screens. Can anybody advise me of the cheapest place to purchase such phones?

I am wary of signing up to any network contracts so this isn't really my no. 1 option.

Any help greatly appreciated :)

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,947 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

Have you checked the main companies websites? O2, VF, Metoer, 3 and carphonewarehouse give specs and pricing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,115 ✭✭✭Dankoozy

on ebay slightly used

getting them on contract doesn't really make them cheaper. you just end up paying for them over time

also if you have the time you should be able to get damaged phones really cheap and repair them

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,098 ✭✭✭djdunny

do you want to move to bill pay or do you just want to get the phone for cheap?? because if its cheap then you could just sign up to the lowest tarrif on either vodafone or meteor and get the phone for about 79 euro, pay the 20 euro a month for the tarrif but keep your PAYG sim card in it. ive done that with 2 phones. got an n95 black last year for 49 quid on meteor and just put my o2 PAYG sim into it. total paid for the phone over 12 months = €289, half the price it would cost to buy on payg.

Advertisement