Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nick Palumbo's Corpse

Options
  • 20-07-2009 12:21am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 9,925 ✭✭✭

This has been put back for the last few years but is finally in production and scheduled for release in 2010.For those not familiar with the director,Nick Palumbo is the guy behind the fantastic Murder Set Pieces,and the not so fantastic,Nutbag.MSP is arguably the most violent film to ever get a theatrical release in the states and was the first American horror movie to receive an NC-17 rating.Its brutally violent,terribly misogynistic,has cameos from Tony Todd (Candyman) and Gunner Hansen(the original Leatherface) and features some truly spectacular man made special effects from Toetag Pictures.Palumbo is a life long horror fan so Im expecting great things from this.Im hopeful that it will bring something new to the fairly tired zombie genre that Romero is currently embroiled in.
    Here's a link to the official site.

http://www.corpsefilm.com/

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,042 ✭✭✭spooky donkey

lets hope its a classic, had the makings of one me thinks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,925 ✭✭✭Otis Driftwood

Aye,Im getting regular updates through Facebook from Nick.He has the lead actress in place,plus the guy that scored Murder Set Pieces (Zombi) is doing the soundtrack.

Palumbo has always struck me as a film maker in search of a great idea. Given the right material I reckon he could deliver somethign special. Corpse looks and sonds quite good so far, I really hope that eh pulls this off.

Yep.Nutbag is lame but MSP is on of my favourite slashers of all time.He was actually trying to get out of horror about a year ago.He had his company,Frightflix and the worldwide rights for Nutbag on sale on ebay for like $20,000.

Didnt sell it though.

He had some awesome collectors stuff for sale.Things like original Phantasm and The Beyond 1 sheet's signed by cast and director.

Drool.

Just a little update on this from Nick.
    We are very happy to announce that Special F/X Wizard VINCENT GUASTINI (“Requiem for a Dream”, “Letters from Iwo Jima”, "Dogma") will be designing and creating all the F/X for: “CORPSE"

And heres what Guastini had to say.
    All I know the ideas in this script, have never been done before, both in Zombie effects and how they are portrayed and how the story unfolds.

Which BTW way your ideas and story are nothing short then brilliant! So again I hope to do Ground breaking or never before seen stuff, like we always strive to do no matter what movie I do. I intend on this being the last word in THE UNDEAD or Zombies you will EVER see and that is my goal. As well as making each scene an art piece unto itself.

Im getting more excited about this as time goes by.
    :D

• Advertisement
Advertisement