Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

fallout 3 expansion?

• 20-07-2009 12:43am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,223 ✭✭✭✭

hi picked this up and uploaded to my 360 but its not giving me an option for the add on i mean should it or whats the story with it?

completely confused here and yeah i did exactly what disc told me to and have fallout 3 the game in my 360 but how do i play the expansions???????? lol doing my head in now

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,945 ✭✭✭rizzla

Just play your existing save game. A minute or 2 in and a new questline should open up or if your pllaying broken steel you need to finish the main quest for that to start up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

Took a while to load up for me when i was in game, what will happen is you'll get a message saying something like , you got a new radio signal. If you then go to quests you see a new one , like for operation anchorage it's called aiding the outcasts i think.

Just to note the 1st one i got took a while to pop up for me. They say leaving the town your in and going into the wasteland helps bring it up.

If it's broken steal you're playing all that does really is change the ending, so to play that if you have already finished the game load the last save before you finished it and redo the last mission to continue on past it.

Edit: I think you have the disc so forget the last part and just load up any save you want and wait for the messages about radio signals to happen, then go to the map locations they point you to.

Oh Edit Edit : You're not stupid OP same thing happened to me, spent 20 minutes working this one out when i got the 1st one lol

• Closed Accounts Posts: 662 ✭✭✭Liber8or

You have given very little information about what you are trying to play, to be honest.

Firstly, did you buy the Double Expansion Pack Disc from Game/Gamestop etc? Or did you download an expansion from the marketplace?

Secondly, which expansion are you trying to run?

If you can answer these questions we can help you.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,132 ✭✭✭silvine

Which expansions? They all start differently?

BTW there's a massive thread about Fallout 3 in the Games forum.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,223 ✭✭✭✭DARK-KNIGHT

Liber8or wrote: »
    You have given very little information about what you are trying to play, to be honest.

Firstly, did you buy the Double Expansion Pack Disc from Game/Gamestop etc? Or did you download an expansion from the marketplace?

Secondly, which expansion are you trying to run?

If you can answer these questions we can help you.
    i bought the expansion pack from gamestop entitled the pitt and operation anchorage! im trying to get either one to start or play!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,906 ✭✭✭EGriff

Yeah just run around for a while and you'll pick up a new radio signal. Thats how both of those expansions start.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,223 ✭✭✭✭DARK-KNIGHT

EGriff wrote: »
    Yeah just run around for a while and you'll pick up a new radio signal. Thats how both of those expansions start.
    thanks for the help! ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,045 ✭✭✭Rev. Kitchen

This just gets better and better i got Fallout 3 on PS3 nearly finished it so 50-60 hours of gameplay done, But no DLC so i bought it on xbox now i find out i have to start it all over again to play the expansion packs !!!

And to make matters worse when they said there is no way the DLC will be out on PS3 they where telling porkies coz its coming out pretty soon !!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 593 ✭✭✭SteveDPirate

I finished Operation Anchorage last night, and I was really disappointed with it. It's nothing like the main story of Fallout 3. I found it souless compared to the atmosphere soaked main game. It was just running and gunning. So boring.

Actually the only good part was at the end when
    you open the door to the armory, and while I was picking up all the stuff I wanted, the Brotherhood Outcasts started arguing over all the new guns and tech. Then they started killing each other!!! I ended the argument by shooting them all in the face with the Gauss Rifle............ sweet!!

Does anyone know if there's a glitch when it comes to collecting the steel ingots in the Pitt DLC?

I searched everywhere last night using the Planet Fallout guide but could only find 99!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,661 ✭✭✭TheChrisD

I ended the argument by shooting them all in the face with the Gauss Rifle............ sweet!!
    Gauss Rifle is epic win, particularly when you consider it's damage per shot in comparison to the Las Rifle, and everything else that uses Microfusion Cells. But really expensive to repair once it's condition gets really low :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

I finished Operation Anchorage last night, and I was really disappointed with it. It's nothing like the main story of Fallout 3. I found it souless compared to the atmosphere soaked main game. It was just running and gunning. So boring.

Actually the only good part was at the end when
    you open the door to the armory, and while I was picking up all the stuff I wanted, the Brotherhood Outcasts started arguing over all the new guns and tech. Then they started killing each other!!! I ended the argument by shooting them all in the face with the Gauss Rifle............ sweet!!

I agree somewhat, point look out and broken steal are where its at really, especially point lookout, it was easily my favorite dlc.

By the way these dont need to be played in order of release, however Operation Anchorage would be the better one to do if you havent finished the game , due to the kit you get from it.

Playing Broken Steel at the mo with my second character. Have to say it's head and shoulders above Operation Achorage which was linear and boring.

The only good thing about Operation Achorage is the armour and the sword you get. The missions are boring and linear. I'd skip it to be honest.

Those who are playing Point Lookout, have you reached level 30?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,706 ✭✭✭120_Minutes

ah the gauss rifle, its like a sniper rife on steroids. i love using the
    stealth armour
    and picking things off from a distance with one shot.

Advertisement