Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Plugs and swimming.

Options
  • 20-07-2009 1:07am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,148 ✭✭✭

I'm going on holidays on friday. Have both my ear lobes stretched to 5mm so far and have the standard tunnels in with the o-rings. Only problem is with swimming on holidays I'm guaranteed to lose them and I can't afford to leave them out for a full day at a time. Can anyone suggest small plugs or tunnels that would be a lot better at staying in while swimming that I can get in dublin for relatively cheap? Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,183 ✭✭✭✭Will

have a look around the studios, wildcat would probably have the cheapest prices. I've swam with plugs in and my lobes are pretteh big, something double flared

• Registered Users Posts: 1,148 ✭✭✭punk_one82

Slightly off topic but I have 2 double flared tunnels and I'm not able to get one into my left lobe. It goes into my right lobe fine but the last time I tried to get it into my left lobe it ended up with me bleeding and having quite a painful lobe for awhile. Should I go into a piercing studio and ask them to put it in for me before I go on holidays?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,183 ✭✭✭✭Will

Would wait until you come back from holidays, the sun and swimming will be great for your skin and will be in way better condition. I stretched my lobes just before heading on hold and they freaked out so best to wait until after I think.

Stretching should never hurt either. You could just take them out while swimming, unless you swim all day long, but that's a bit over kill

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,818 ✭✭✭Gauge

punk_one82 wrote: »
    Slightly off topic but I have 2 double flared tunnels and I'm not able to get one into my left lobe. It goes into my right lobe fine but the last time I tried to get it into my left lobe it ended up with me bleeding and having quite a painful lobe for awhile. Should I go into a piercing studio and ask them to put it in for me before I go on holidays?

Eek, no! If double flared plugs make you bleed, put them away and wait until you can get them in and out without a problem. It should be like buttoning a shirt, not forcing it through your lobe.

The best thing to do would be to leave your lobes naked, but if that's not an option then you'll have to try something else. The best jewellery I've found for swimming was Kaos silicone but you won't find it in a bricks and mortar shop, so I think you'd be best off picking up a pair of single flared tunnels in steel, glass or titanium. Definitely do not wear wood plugs into water, and make sure to take your jewellery out every now and then and give your lobes a clean and a moisturise.

Edit: DAMMIT WILL

• Registered Users Posts: 1,148 ✭✭✭punk_one82

I think I saw those kaos silicone ones in the shop off Abbey St but I could be wrong. I think I will just take them out when I'm swimming. They can be out for an hour or 2 at a time and they'll be fine. Hopefully the sun and water will sort my left lobe out. It's being a bit odd lately so I won't do anything different to it for now anyway. Thanks for the help. I'll try get to Dublin to pick something up anyway. :)

• Advertisement
Advertisement