Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How did you spill the beans??

• 20-07-2009 3:07am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 168 ✭✭

I was just wondering how everyone told their partner about the little bundle of joy coming....

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,921 ✭✭✭silja

With our first pregnancy, I had this whole thing planned about giving him a "Little Devotional Book for Dads" all wrapped up and he'd unwrap it and see... but then it took us three years to get pregnant so when I did the test on Fathers Day two years ago and got a BFP, I just ran into the bedroom (he was still asleep), jumped on the bed and shouted: "Happy Father's Day!!!!!" while waving the HPT in his face :P

With this one, again I tested on Father's Day (seems to be becoming a bit of a tradition... ;) ), and I already had a card made from the twins for dad, with scribbles from them on the front and a few nice words inside, signed "from the twins", so I added in small letters below "... and Mr Bean". He didn;t see it at first because of all the scribbles!

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 10,439 Mod ✭✭✭✭xzanti

silja wrote: »
    With our first pregnancy, I had this whole thing planned about giving him a "Little Devotional Book for Dads" all wrapped up and he'd unwrap it and see... but then it took us three years to get pregnant so when I did the test on Fathers Day two years ago and got a BFP, I just ran into the bedroom (he was still asleep), jumped on the bed and shouted: "Happy Father's Day!!!!!" while waving the HPT in his face :P

With this one, again I tested on Father's Day (seems to be becoming a bit of a tradition... ;) ), and I already had a card made from the twins for dad, with scribbles from them on the front and a few nice words inside, signed "from the twins", so I added in small letters below "... and Mr Bean". He didn;t see it at first because of all the scribbles!

I found out the day before Fathers Day too :D was going to get him a card and all that but I was afraid it might be a bit too early, I wanted to wait a few days cause I did the test on the day I missed my period... I'm kinda sorry now I didn't cause it would have been really cool...

I couldn't really find the right moment then but a few days later while we were watchin tele I broke wind (not intentionally :o) and said "that wasn't me it was the baby" lol.. He was in shock for a few minutes but in a good way :p He already kinda knew cause like most boyfriends he knows when the "hands off" days of the month are and they hadn't arrived..

He's delighted with himself anyway... Go champ :rolleyes:

:p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,173 ✭✭✭lolli

Well, he was with me when i bought the test. I came out of the bathroom crying so i think he knew, I just handed him the test and he started laughing. He was delighted.... I was in shock :)

Are you worried about telling him op?

• Registered Users Posts: 506 ✭✭✭gowayouttadat

I actually told him while we were having sex that I was late. I can't remember why but we ended up talking in the middle of it and I blurted out "Oh btw..."
    Didn't stop him anyway! A few days later he came with me when I got the test, stayed downstairs while I did it and then I came down to him crying and then the shock kicked in.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,063 ✭✭✭Greenmachine

silja wrote: »

Eew on the waving it in has face. We don't need to smell you wee. I stil waiting for that day myself with impeding doom. :eek:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 23,862 ✭✭✭✭January

There's a cover on the "wee" part of the stick... so no worries there!

I didn't realise I was late (period was a bit all over the place) and it actually hit me in work, so I text him and he got me the test and met him after work (he was working too), we were going to wait till we got home but I couldn't, so I went into the loo's in Arnotts and done it there. Came back to him, tapped him on the shoulder and said "Hiya Daddy", the look on his face was priceless! Then he started talking about opening a bank account for the baby... so practical lol

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,880 ✭✭✭caprilicious

Thats mad with people finding out fathers day, thats when I got our BFP too!
    Heimself was out in the garden when I did the test, I walked out a few mins later with a bit of a dazed look so he started grinning straight away!

I told my folks by telling them we have a present for them & duly handing them the first ultrasound pic :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 777 ✭✭✭Mayoegian

The mods on here need to lighten up a bit...humourless people....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,458 ✭✭✭CathyMoran

I had this big plan to get "flowers in the window" played on a radio station that we listen to as I think that is about pregnancy (certainly the video is)...however, I ended up having a bad tooth ache and asked him to get me clove oil, I cried as soon as he left as I was in so much pain ...I did the test, while trying to get rid of some of the pain by brushing my teeth, I was fully expecting it to be negative...I cried again and immediatly rang him saying flowers in the window, I dont care about the pain as long as the baby is OK. Still only early days yet.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

There are big Toblerones in Dunnes at the moment that say DAD on them in big letters (probably left over from Fathers Day). Any time i see them, i always think it would be great to leave for my partner to let him know i was pregnant (if i was:))

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 214 ✭✭Ghost Girl

It was valentines day, he handed me roses and said, surprise, here's 12 red roses!

i handed him the positive test and said, here's your surprise, two red lines...

Advertisement