Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What's the deal with the helicopter??

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13 ADzER

sorry now that i remember back to the time it was 2:55 when i saw it ..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14 Diamond Joe

wow sierra wrote: »
    What needs to have happened to justify keeping half of Balbriggan awake like that - and it was a bit creepy too listening to it.

Yep the previous time I heard it, I was half in dream world - thought it was an alien invasion, had to go down to check cat was indoors in case she was beamed up for an extra terristial experiment . . . . then I woke up properly and copped on, fairly annoying though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13 ADzER

the helicopters gone now

• Registered Users Posts: 1,593 ✭✭✭PWEI

Helicopter hovering over Applewood Village for the last half hour,anybody know what's going on?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 Smurray1980

Hovering above moylaragh I think it was just now for the last 10 mins??

Was one a few weeks ago too around westbrook with the searchlight on, really loud! Anybody else hear it??

Was over my estate last night. Someone tried to rob the house across the road.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 492 ✭✭QOTSA90

I think everyone needs to chill the fook out, the Gardai obviously got a new piece o' hardware and they're havin' fun with it.. Let's all try ignore the thing and get a good nights rest.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 6,521 Mod ✭✭✭✭sharkman

PWEI wrote: »
    Helicopter hovering over Applewood Village for the last half hour,anybody know what's going on?

Eurospar was held up .

• Registered Users Posts: 2,092 ✭✭✭celticbest

sharkman wrote: »
    Eurospar was held up .

Yeah, I heard they held a knife to a 17 year old girls neck, as far as I know they caught them, so I think the helicopter was a useful 'piece o' hardware' for the Gardai on this occassion.;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 77 ✭✭Mr. Razzcocks

Doing the bleedin rounds again! :(

It wasnt a helicopter this time, I was out havin a smoke tuesday night when it flew directly over me, it was a plane.. a fookin BIG plane! Fairly low too, it came back over the house about 20 minutes later but I was back inside for that one.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,169 ✭✭✭Eoineo

Are you sure it was a plane? I heard a lowflying one but also saw the helicopter.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,922 ✭✭✭dubmick

there was definitely a helicopter over the Balrothery area last night. It woke me up!

Eoineo wrote: »
    Are you sure it was a plane? I heard a lowflying one but also saw the helicopter.

Defo, helicopters dont have wings.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 77 ✭✭Mr. Razzcocks

Pretty sure it was a helicopter, was fairly low and looked to be circling a lot quicker than a plane would!

Pretty sure what flew over my head had wings, lights ALONG the wings, and was travelling in a straight line.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,254 ✭✭✭LeoB

QOTSA90 wrote: »
    Pretty sure what flew over my head had wings, lights ALONG the wings, and was travelling in a straight line.

Because of the winds this week a lot of planes have been coming in over Rush. Depending on direction of winds a lot of planes from europe seem to come across from Manchester/Liverpool and fly down the coast and turn in over Baldoye and head for Airport. The last 2 flights I have been on came in that way. They are quite low. about 1,500 feet was the altidtude going back a few years ago but 1 or 2 have been very noisy

Advertisement