Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bag found in Thomas Street

Options
  • 20-07-2009 5:33am
    Registered Users Posts: 342 ✭✭

Yesterday morning on my way home from work I found a bag on Thomas Street (accross from The Tram pub)

It was a brown canvas mans shoulder bag. No biggie except that there was a set of keys for a BMW inside. Also, an Argos catalogue and a grey sock.

I guess somebody robbed it, went through it for anything valuable and then dumped it on the side of the road.

Anyway, dropped it into Kilmainham Garda Station. Know its a long shot but just thought I'd put it out there and maybe this'll get back to the owner!

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

you could bring the keys to a BMW main dealer, they can insert the key into their computer and all the owner details come up.
    now they may not give them to you but you could explain the situation and ask them to contact the official owner.

i know the most valuable things were took from the bag already but a BMW key costs €155 from a dealer so to get that back to the owner would be a blessing!

means they dont have to worry about if the thief has the keys, will they come looking for the car, have the key to my house too etc etc

fair play for taking the time and handing them in.

• Registered Users Posts: 342 ✭✭white apples

I don't have the keys anymore as I handed everything into the Garda station. I presume the Gardai would do something like that with the keys would they?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,609 ✭✭✭Flamed Diving

I don't have the keys anymore as I handed everything into the Garda station. I presume the Gardai would do something like that with the keys would they?

pffffffff!

:D

• Registered Users Posts: 11,344 ✭✭✭✭Collie D

pffffffff!

:D

Hehe, my thoughts exactly. Why is there always only one sock?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,609 ✭✭✭Flamed Diving

Collie D wrote: »
    Hehe, my thoughts exactly. Why is there always only one sock?

You need something to swing doorknobs in...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,882 ✭✭✭JuliusCaesar

My mother got her keys back from the Gardai. She had a keytag of Dunnes Loyalty card on it; they asked Dunnes to scan it in, they looked her up in the phone book and voila, a phone call from the local gardai to collect them BEFORE she even realised she'd lost them!

Advertisement