Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

How can I best help my friend

• 20-07-2009 6:10am
    Registered Users Posts: 4

Hey all, first time poster in this forum. I've just found out that a girl I know quite well is unexpectadly pregnant. She only recently found out herself but I was told by a family member. The thing is I don't know whether I should tell her I know. I love her alot, her family don't seem to me to be too supportive of her decision to keep the baby. I think that at this time she would need all the help and support she could get but I'm not sure whether I should let her know that I know. So, would you like to be contacted by someone you knew and liked but hadn't talked to in a while (for no other reason than we were living a country apart) or should I just sit it out.

Also, how best would any of you like to be supported in her position. She is a single mother (no attachment to father), mid-way through a university degree with a family that is 'mortified' by her transgressions. I would appreciate any help you can give me

Isla

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,968 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

If I were in her situation I would love to be able to reach out to someone.
    Give her a call,send her an e-mail and if she wants to reach out she will.
    If the situation is that bad she might htink people were talking behind her back and it might make her feel uncomfortable so I would not tell her I know until it is common knowledge.

Advertisement