Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Where did I download this from?

• 20-07-2009 7:42am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 450 ✭✭

Not sure if I'm posting in the right place but, I downloaded a picture and I can't remember where I got it from. Is there a way of finding out the address I downloaded it from? I have it saved to my desktop, I've tried properties and don't see anything and I'm running Vista. Can anybody help??!!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 645 ✭✭✭StopNotWorking

http://www.irfanview.com/

That might be able to help, its an image viewer but it shows alot more info about an image. Another way to check would be to go through your download logs for your internet browser.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 656 ✭✭✭davidoco

if you have not renamed the file and it has what might be a unique filename just do a google search for the file name.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 450 ✭✭taytothief

Thanks for your replies, but I'm still not having any joy, googling the file doesn't work and I can't seem to get anything out of irfanview. (maybe i just don't know how to use it!!:o) irfanview seems like a handy program though!!
    Any other suggestions?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 679 ✭✭✭polyfusion

Did you right-click the file, select properties, go to the summary tab, and select advanced. Might be some more info attached there.

Failing that, attach the pic to a post, and see if we have an better luck at finding the source (unless it's a naughty pic!)

• Registered Users Posts: 291 ✭✭Biffo The Bare

Do a google search for the Installer exe, 99 times out of 100 You will find the original site.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,862 ✭✭✭✭inforfun

Do a google search for the Installer exe, 99 times out of 100 You will find the original site.
    Erm... it is a picture he is after.

OT:
    Google images while using the most eye catching features of the pic as a search term might do the trick.
    But the most chance of succes you ll probably have going through your browser history. Pics file properties should tell you which day you saved the file on your pc and narrows your search in the history somewhat.

inforfun, thanks for that but I usually clear all my temps and browsing history and what not fairly regualrly. Will keep trying on google images.

Thanks for your help folks.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,271 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

If it's not a rudie, sure post it up here. You might be surprised what information more than one set of eyes can ferret out.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 533 ✭✭✭DevilsBreath

Im interested now.

POGTFO

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 656 ✭✭✭davidoco

taytothief wrote: »
    Will keep trying on google images.

Hopefully you have noticed on http://images.google.ie/advanced_image_search?hl=en that you can use the advanced search option and

give the exact size of the image
    give a file type
    type in a description

which you will get from irfanview. Should narrow down your search considerably.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,510 ✭✭✭mcw92

what broswer did u use to download the picture?(firefox?)
    if so it might still be in your firefox downloads history.
    click tools at the top then go to downloads.
    if you see the picture file there, right click and click 'copy download link' or ' go to download page'.
    this might help if you dont delete your history.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,699 ✭✭✭Brian

Use Tineye.com - you upload your image and it tries to find it on the web.

Tracked it down with google image advanced search, thanks for that davidoco, silly thing to overlook!!

Baza, tryed tineye - it didn't find it but thanks for that anyway nice little site.

Cheers lads - case closed!!:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,699 ✭✭✭Brian

What was the image? :D

EgoPimpn.jpg

Sorry to disappoint mate :P

Advertisement