Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Subbing ???

• 20-07-2009 9:36am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 730 ✭✭✭

What is the best way to do subbing next year? I'm contemplating doing a h-dip in English and have recently finished a degree a relevant area obtaining a 2.1.

Cheers,

Owlwink.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,163 ✭✭✭Nead21

no sure there will be much of a market for subbing next school year. think schools are going to use hdips as much as possible in this respect, and considering the likelihood that many qualified teachers will be unemployed and looking for subbing hours.....??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 489 ✭✭clartharlear

I'd suggest, and I'm honestly not trying to be cynical, that principals will be sticking to people they know well. The best way is to be related, or at least good friends with, the school management.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,505 ✭✭✭maynooth_rules

I'd suggest, and I'm honestly not trying to be cynical, that principals will be sticking to people they know well. The best way is to be related, or at least good friends with, the school management.

This, you are pretty much screwed without having half a foot in a school already. Its a depressing time to be contemplating becoming a teacher or being a newly qualified teacher:(

• Registered Users Posts: 24 dubcitycentre

why is it depressing times for becoming a teacher? Im away in australia at the moment but was thinking of applying to do a H.Dip when i get back (get back in Jan). Is it bad for all teachers or teachers of certain subjects. Im hoping to be a biology/science teacher. Thanks

Advertisement