Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Man Gets Hit By a Train - NSFW

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,144 ✭✭✭DVDM93

I'd have a few words to say to the OP if the account was still active. What sort of disgusting cunnt puts this sh1t up? Horrible, horrible person.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,667 ✭✭✭Frynge

DVDM93 wrote: »
    I'd have a few words to say to the OP if the account was still active. What sort of disgusting cunnt puts this sh1t up? Horrible, horrible person.

Oh if only you knew.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,339 ✭✭✭The One Doctor

Appalling.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 91,627 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

Appalling.
    There is an argument that if people realise the consequences of their actions they might take more care in future and as we are visual creatures the images convey a greater impression than words.

But FFS stuff like this shouldn't be shown where kids can find it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,106 ✭✭✭catallus

Meh, that guy deserved what he got.

The worst thing about this is the use of the word "abandonded" in the explanatory text.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,576 ✭✭✭Paddy Cow

DVDM93 wrote: »
    Hopefully it will teach people not to wander on train tracks while off their heads. What about the poor train driver? Did the selfish cunnt who decided to play on the tracks think about the damage it would cause the driver when he killed him? Obviously it's not the drivers fault but any normal human being would be eaten up with guilt. At least some good might as well come out of the mess.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,080 ✭✭✭✭Maximus Alexander

Paddy Cow wrote: »
    Hopefully it will teach people not to wander on train tracks while off their heads. What about the poor train driver? Did the selfish cunnt who decided to play on the tracks think about the damage it would cause the driver when he killed him? Obviously it's not the drivers fault but any normal human being would be eaten up with guilt. At least some good might as well come out of the mess.

Mess is the right word, if you look closely there's what appears to be an actual chunk of skull flying towards the camera right after it hits him. :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,336 ✭✭✭wendell borton

He should have been wearing a high vis. jacket.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,564 ✭✭✭✭whiskeyman

I honestly don't think thatwould have helped to avoid this tragedy.
    Trains has a huge breaking distance when travelling at such speeds, and the poor train driver here would be helpless to stop the train in time before the nightmare unfolded :(

• Registered Users Posts: 4,971 ✭✭✭Orim

whiskeyman wrote: »
    I honestly don't think thatwould have helped to avoid this tragedy.
    Trains has a huge breaking distance when travelling at such speeds, and the poor train driver here would be helpless to stop the train in time before the nightmare unfolded :(

I hate to get into conspiracy theories but it looked to me like there was no attempt to stop. Maybe it would have caused more damage to try and stop butI would have thought that instincts would kick in.

I think after 5+ years we can stop being squeamish and feeling sorry for the parties involved. It's time that serious questions were asked about what really happened on this "abandoned" track.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 91,627 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

It would only give the wearer a false sense of security.

Trains and trams can't swerve to avoid you.

To take an extreme example a TGV can take up to 3km ( 2 miles ) to come to a complete stop. That's the distance between Heuston Station and O'Connell Bridge.

People have to take responsibility for their own safety when on the tracks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,526 ✭✭✭Slicemeister

Did anyone else see his thumbs up salute just before impact? Reminds me of Arnie in T2, like he knew what was gonna happen.

No sympathy for him whatsoever.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,807 ✭✭✭Calibos

The way the victims head snapped back upon impact gave me the shivers.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 82 ✭✭Dub_Steve

Please put a warning on this post, very graphic content

• Registered Users Posts: 5,143 ✭✭✭locum-motion

Dub_Steve wrote: »
    Please put a warning on this post, very graphic content

What? There's several warnings on it already. Did you miss them?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,370 ✭✭✭GAAman

What? There's several warnings on it already. Did you miss them?

The fact you bumped this thread is unforgivable, the combination of your username and this unspeakable video made me chuckle.

Goin straight to hell.......

• Registered Users Posts: 5,022 ✭✭✭jamesbere

I still get nightmares from this.

It's coming up to Christmas time again.
    Must be such a tough time for his family.

:(

• Registered Users Posts: 7,223 ✭✭✭Michael D Not Higgins

whiskeyman wrote: »
    It's coming up to Christmas time again.
    Must be such a tough time for his family.

:(

Ah jaysus we nearly got two months without this shíte and you go digging it up again?

Ah jaysus we nearly got two months without this shíte and you go digging it up again?

Sorry, it's just the festive time of year again when everyone is so happy and then I was reminded of this thread and that poor poor man :(

I guess it highlights how much we are grateful for that such a thing never happened to us.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,353 ✭✭✭Galway K9

Sorry to be so blunt...I have ZERO pity for him, he was playing on the Tracks so he deserved it. Its Natural selection.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,570 ✭✭✭✭Mr. CooL ICE

Galway K9 wrote: »
    Sorry to be so blunt...I have ZERO pity for him, he was playing on the Tracks so he deserved it. Its Natural selection.
    He may not have been of sound mind.

Post reported for insensitivity :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 364 ✭✭kc90

Not sure if serious...

• Registered Users Posts: 8,720 ✭✭✭Hal1

Sure tbh (the OP) couldn't handle it and closed his / her account.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,576 ✭✭✭Paddy Cow

After that he's no longer sound of body.......

• Registered Users Posts: 3,370 ✭✭✭GAAman

Paddy Cow wrote: »
    After that he's no longer sound of body.......

I laughed, straight to hell with the both of us!

Lads stop bumping this horror vid, yis will ruin the baby Jesus's sort of birthday!!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,245 ✭✭✭myshirt

Why is this thread still here? What purpose does it serve, genuinely?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,339 ✭✭✭The One Doctor

myshirt wrote: »
    Why is this thread still here? What purpose does it serve, genuinely?

It serves to remind people of the dangers of walking on a rail line. They get splattered.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,431 ✭✭✭cml387

It serves to remind people of the dangers of walking on a rail line. They get splattered.
    More kinda minced up,really.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,353 ✭✭✭Galway K9

cml387 wrote: »
    More kinda minced up,really.

I would lean more towards sliced.

Advertisement