Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Man Gets Hit By a Train - NSFW

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,058 ✭✭✭✭Abi

It's a chilling reminder to us all that
    (a)trains are bigger and more powerful than people, and
    (b)walking on railroad tracks is sometimes not a good idea.

Harsh but necessary lessons.

I've a feeling these points have been drowned out by shock felt by most here. While it was a tragic incident, and a needless waste of life, we've only watched the footage. Spare a thought for those who have to clean up the mess.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,331 ✭✭✭✭bronte

Abigayle wrote: »
    I've a feeling these points have been drowned out by shock felt by most here. While it was a tragic incident, and a needless waste of life, we've only watched the footage. Spare a thought for those who have to clean up the mess.

Ah Abi, that red splodge in your avatar ain't helping :(:(:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,058 ✭✭✭✭Abi

bronte wrote: »
    Ah Abi, that red splodge in your avatar ain't helping :(:(:(

Oops I changed that a few days ago :o

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,104 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

/looks at her sig
    /looks at her avatar

Yeah, that's what happens

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,191 ✭✭✭✭Latchy

That was nearly as horrific as the guy who was mauled to death in Africa by a pride of Lions except it looked so real , I still to this day am not sure if it was a hoax or not .:eek:

Anybody else seen /familiar with the one I'm on about ?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10,431 ✭✭✭✭Saibh

Latchy wrote: »
    That was nearly as horrific as the guy who was mauled to death in Africa by a pride of Lions except it looked so real , I still to this day am not sure if it was a hoax or not .:eek:

No, will we need counselling after we see it as well?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,138 ✭✭✭Tomebagel

this is so like......last week.GaWd!

Saibh wrote: »
    Compared to Thomas the tank engine ? :eek: maybe but it's old footage and I will dig it out .later

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,862 ✭✭✭✭January

Thank God...

Saibh wrote: »
    Many have probably seen this but for those who haven't, judge for yourself .....it's not for the squeamish and the authenticity of the sequence is still debated today.

<snip>

even if it is fake , it's very distrurbing footage to view imo so you have being warned

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,250 ✭✭✭✭Iwasfrozen

Dude, that's sick.
    *Post Reported*

Iwasfrozen wrote: »
    Dude, that's sick.
    *Post Reported*
    I did say it was disturbing viewing but you went and looked any way , it's only available on you tube to millions and it might be fake but I shall remove it

you post reported is way OTT imo

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,250 ✭✭✭✭Iwasfrozen

I did say it was disturbing viewing but you went and looked any way :rolleyes: it's only available on you tube to millions and it might be fake but I shall remove it

you post reported is way OTT imo
    You showed a mans death and you think I over-reacted ?

• Registered Users Posts: 538 ✭✭✭Sonic_exyouth

Yeps, it's real

On Safari, the guy, in typical idiotic 70's machismo, decides he will get closer to the action.. gets out of his car, has a bit of a laugh with the guys trying to tell him to get back in, thinks because he's a 70's man he knows everything and approaches the feeding alpha male and female.. clearly has no idea how the hierarchy of lions works, and promptly gets killed and eaten by the other females in the pride.

The video was released, in edited form, into court as evidence after his insurance company refused to pay up.
    The guy is Pit Dernitz.

Its real, its in Public record.. but people *want* to believe it's fake!
    No-One wants to admit that they've just sat back and watched a man die, and get eaten, in front of his screaming children .. but they did.

Iwasfrozen wrote: »
    You showed a mans death and you think I over-reacted ?
    The point was that was it real of fake ,sure it looks real but is it ? It's had over half a million views on you tube but more importantly ,you saw the ' this is disturbing ' and ' you have being warned ' text before viewing and as has being being pointed out to me ( i knew ) the footage has being around since 1975 so get of your high horse ok .

Its real, its in Public record.. but people *want* to believe it's fake!
    No-One wants to admit that they've just sat back and watched a man die, and get eaten, in front of his screaming children .. but they did.
    You and I included and I take your point but I read all about that case and it hasn't being proven byond doubt that that footage is real - which was my original point .

How many millions of people have viewed that footage since it's first release ? why dont you tube take it off ?

Because they deem it fit for peeps to view ? . Of course it's disturbing , even if it wasn't real .

• Registered Users Posts: 538 ✭✭✭Sonic_exyouth

MoonDancer wrote: »
    Just saw the video, my faith in mankind has been restored :)

You disgust me.
    That .. apparently drunken.. man was hit by an old fashioned train.. and that restores your faith ?
    Not even drunks deserve to get hit by trains.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 595 ✭✭✭speaktofrank

Damn all the comments here have made me not watch this.

Resists urges to click on link.....ahhhhhh!!!!!!

(Ok did not click on it, despite being sorely tempted)

Damn all the comments here have made me not watch this.

Resists urges to click on link.....ahhhhhh!!!!!!

(Ok did not click on it, despite being sorely tempted)

your a stronger man than I.. regret it badly and not sure if ill ever feel right getting on a train again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,818 ✭✭✭Gauge

Don't do it, this is the type of thing that stays in your head for days :( what kind of sick person puts this online?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 15,914 ✭✭✭✭tbh

*waves*

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,859 ✭✭✭✭Sharpshooter

The flag,right?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,016 ✭✭✭✭vibe666

got bored about 4 pages in.

did anyone mention that he was chuffed to bits?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 909 ✭✭✭mobius42

Tomebagel wrote: »
    it must be removed before more lives are scarred for life.

Ooooooh, meta.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,286 ✭✭✭WesternNight

I'll never be the same again after this :(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,111 ✭✭✭Jesus Juice

Jesus that is so rotten!!!!
    Worse then beheading videos!!:mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 579 ✭✭✭spoofilyj

Wow that really Steam Rolled me... Its the graphic nature of the whole thing that is so shocking. Must admit though I did laugh a bit, think I have issues...Chu Chu

• Closed Accounts Posts: 328 ✭✭mufc4lfe

Why has this not been removed it is absolutly horrific please do not watch this,its for your own good.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,331 ✭✭✭✭bronte

tbh wrote: »
    *waves*

I'm glad you find this funny. :mad:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,859 ✭✭✭✭Sharpshooter

bronte wrote: »
    I'm glad you find this funny. :mad:

More an admission of guilt, bronte.:mad:

Advertisement