Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ban from Personal Issues

Options
  • 20-07-2009 11:04am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 17,918 ✭✭✭✭

I've received a permanent ban from the Personal Issues forum for posting the following comment:

“Getting Jiggy with it la la la la la la la la la la la la la”

I’ve been banned on the grounds of trolling. I had been warned earlier on in the evening for making an inappropriate\unhelpful comment on a different thread. I agree that the earlier comment was out of line and went in to correct it. However, I wasn’t aware that quoting a line from the Chorus of a will smith song was worthy of a permanent ban. It wasnt intended to be controversial in anyway.

I believe this to be harsh. A temporary ban would perhaps would have been fairer.

Comments

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 42,362 Mod ✭✭✭✭Beruthiel

orourkeda wrote: »
    “Getting Jiggy with it la la la la la la la la la la la la la”.

You clearly did not read the forum Charter or you would be aware of how strict that forum is.
    Zero tolerance.
    That was a childish, unhelpful, off topic comment.
    I am unsure why it is a permaban though.
    Have you previous history?
    Did you PM the mod who banned you and ask them for an explaination?
    If not, do so.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,918 ✭✭✭✭orourkeda

Beruthiel wrote: »
    You clearly did not read the forum Charter or you would be aware of how strict that forum is.
    Zero tolerance.
    That was a childish, unhelpful, off topic comment.
    I am unsure why it is a permaban though.
    Have you previous history?
    Did you PM the mod who banned you and ask them for an explaination?
    If not, do so.

I accept it was a touch silly but surely not worthy of a permanent ban. I did PM them but they just said it was for trolling and didnt explain further. They just advised to start a thread in on the feedback forum. I dont have any serious previous.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,045 ✭✭✭✭Nevyn

Zero tolerance means zero tolerance.
    I suggest you request again in 6 months for the ban to be lifted and it will be considered then.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,918 ✭✭✭✭orourkeda

Thaedydal wrote: »
    Zero tolerance means zero tolerance.
    I suggest you request again in 6 months for the ban to be lifted and it will be considered then.

Are you going to give any consideration to my comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,045 ✭✭✭✭Nevyn

I have given them consideration and like I said ask for a review in 6 months time.

• Advertisement
Advertisement