Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

More than one user on Team Slayer

Options
  • 20-07-2009 11:17am
    Registered Users Posts: 16,764 ✭✭✭✭

Hi guys

A newbie to xbox live here. Quick question regarding Halo 3 on xbox live. I notice sometimes a user on team slayer would have other users with their the same name followed by a number in brackets

i.e.
    Joe Bloggs
    Joe Bloggs(1)
    Joe Bloggs(2)

Are these people all playing from the same xbox? how can this be done? Do each user need an xbox live account?

Also can the really large maps (like that sand level with the bike and large towers) be selected for social team slayer?

thanks
    Trilla

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,340 ✭✭✭yimrsg

Its only one gamertag but that gamertag can have guests on it in halo 3, hence the (1), (2) etc. I'm fairly sure that you need a gold (paid) membership on live to allow guests to play.

Its all on one xbox so the tv screen would be quartered, halved depending on how many players. When you sign in a person on the xbox they can choose guest as their profile allowing them to be Joe Bloggs(1) online. So you only need one xbox live membership to play with 1+ friends on the same xbox.

When I play against them I often find that they're at a disadvantage as they have a smaller portion of the tv to look at and they often suffer from lag due to having 2 to 4 players on the one internet connection. However they can easily look at each others screens to see where the action is or where you're camping.

In social team slayer you get randomly assigned levels to play on so you can't choose you level only veto and hope for the best. You can set up a level by going to a private match and only inviting your friends to it.

Hope this helps.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,764 ✭✭✭✭Nalz

yimrsg wrote: »
    In social team slayer you get randomly assigned levels to play on so you can't choose you level only veto and hope for the best. You can set up a level by going to a private match and only inviting your friends to it.

Cheers for the reply. Noticed when playing social team slayer the other night that out of the blue I was matched up to an edited Valhalla map appeared (presume with that Forge) that contained different weapons and vechiles (including the chopper and needlers). So how can I set this up, or how did i get linked to this?

I need to get microsoft points so I can get the other maps, limited as to what games I can play as a result

• Registered Users Posts: 2,340 ✭✭✭yimrsg

There's a variant called "Valhalla covies" or something along those lines where there is mostly covenant stuff like ghosts, banshees etc energy rifles instead of sniper rifles.

It's a bit tougher than the default when on foot as the ghosts usually dominate due to it being so open.

Yeah the new map pack is fairly obligatory to get the most out of halo but i've gone off it recently (COD 4/ L4D / too good :p) plus the fact I have 700 hundred points and can't be bothered paying for another 800 to get the 800 I need for the new maps. :(

Advertisement