Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What are opinions of the Samsung smartphones (jet, Omnia i900, i8910 HD etc.)

• 20-07-2009 11:40am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,141 ✭✭✭

Hi,
    Has anyone tried out any of the Samsung smartphones?
    They seem to be good, get great reveiws, better camera than others etc.

Cheers,
    Pa.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 537 ✭✭✭coffee to go

After doing a LOT of research, I bought an i8910 on the much-loved :p Pixmania.ie. It arrives today, so I'll let ye know how I get on with it. A few other chaps on here also have one as far as I know. Had a play with the Jet in the Vodafone store and it seemed like a very capable phone too, if a bit plasticky like the Nokia 5800.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,917 ✭✭✭towel401

Touch screen

Do not want.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,888 ✭✭✭Rsaeire

Out of all the new Samsung smartphones, I like the Samsung i8910 and the B7610 OmniaPro. In saying that, I would prefer a directional pad or optical trackpad, like on theSony Ericsson XPERIA X1i, as I can't stand a completely touchscreen device or a touchscreen device with as few buttons as possible.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,178 ✭✭✭thirtythirty

Rsaeire wrote: »
    Out of all the new Samsung smartphones, I like the Samsung i8910 and the B7610 OmniaPro. In saying that, I would prefer a directional pad or optical trackpad, like on theSony Ericsson XPERIA X1i, as I can't stand a completely touchscreen device or a touchscreen device with as few buttons as possible.

Ye i'm gonna get the pro i think as an upgrade to my n95. The omnia is essentially an n95 in touchscreen form! (And better executed than the n97). Plus with the windows mobile platform you can get snes, megadrive and playstation emulators going on them!

Does anyone know what the story with buying phones from singapore etc. is? ala this ?? I would consider it when the Pro is released...

Advertisement