Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What ever happened to the bitch/rant/moan thread

Options
  • 20-07-2009 11:45am
    Registered Users Posts: 3,803 ✭✭✭

I was perusing through boards and came across this. What ever happened to our thread of this nature, does everyone stop complaining now? And this thread copied our one, so why is our one not still going?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,880 ✭✭✭Raphael

People didn't post in it and it dropped down. It's still there, only a use of the search function away.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,803 ✭✭✭El Siglo

Cheers Raphael! Must try and bring it back again.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,979 ✭✭✭Jammyc

Was there not talk of getting rid of all those big threads too?

Jammyc wrote: »
    Was there not talk of getting rid of all those big threads too?

Talk, what talk? The history one has been going for the last two years (there abouts) and it hasn't been locked yet.

El Siglo wrote: »
    Talk, what talk? The history one has been going for the last two years (there abouts) and it hasn't been locked yet.
    Oh yeah I know! Its just something I read after someone mentioned it. Something about space or something else.

• Advertisement

In fairness, I hardly see the UCD forum taking up much space. AH on the other hand, now that takes up space!:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,427 ✭✭✭Dr Strange

No, JammyC is right. It is not about the space a forum takes up but the length of threads. It can cause havoc when moving stuff around. However, if a thread gets too long I am sure the admins will look into it so it doesn't create too much of a problem.

• Registered Users Posts: 735 ✭✭✭Tea-a-Maria

Well,when the vast majority of the posters are on holiday at the moment,it makes sense that there wouldn't be that much bitching.

Now,I could moan and rant about how I miss college and how I really want to be back there but I don't think that's in the spirit of the thread.:p

Well,when the vast majority of the posters are on holiday at the moment,it makes sense that there wouldn't be that much bitching.

Now,I could moan and rant about how I miss college and how I really want to be back there but I don't think that's in the spirit of the thread.:p

Yeh but the last post was December, there's a whole 5 months of complaining missing, did everyone somehow become satisfied with the way the place is run?

• Registered Users Posts: 735 ✭✭✭Tea-a-Maria

Touché.:p

I guess people just vented their frustration in other threads.

• Advertisement

How about the fact that nobody has posted in it, be the next rant/bitch/moan!

Advertisement