Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Castle lager!

Options
  • 20-07-2009 12:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 23

Hi all, I'm wondering if anyone has seen Castle lager (South Africa) anywhere in Dublin? I have tried Redmond's in Ranelagh but they don't have any. Any help would be greatly appreciated!!
    Tagged:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,931 ✭✭✭az2wp0sye65487

dalila wrote: »
    Hi all, I'm wondering if anyone has seen Castle lager (South Africa) anywhere in Dublin? I have tried Redmond's in Ranelagh but they don't have any. Any help would be greatly appreciated!!

The only places I've seen them is in Odd Bins (used to be a big one beside Blanchardstown Shopping Centre - gone now) and in Spur Steakhouse in Liffey Valley S.C. - Although when I ordered one in Spur I was told they had none in stock!

• Registered Users Posts: 23 dalila

thanks for the reply! I have been ringing around all the oddbins and some smaller off licences, no one has it in stock. Odd bins on Baggot Street told me that they order it once a year so won't have it for another 4 months!:eek:
    I'm going to keep trying though!

What's the appeal? It is a nice beer, but surely there are plenty of other substitutes?...

My husband was on the Lions tour in june and loved it. Im trying to get him some as a gift!

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,865 Mod ✭✭✭✭BeerNut

Well, if he's worth €45-plus-delivery to you, there's this.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 47,305 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

O'Briens in Ballybrack have had it in the past, so you could try any of their stores near you.

BeerNut wrote: »

Excellent site, thanks for the link!

BeerNut wrote: »

Thanks for that, I had actually emailed them this morning and have just received this reply:

Hi Dalila

I'm really sorry to dissapoint, but it looks as if this beer is no longer available and we're probably going to drop it from our menu as it's been difficult to source. I'v just been told by one importer today when I inquired about your order that they'v stopped bringing it in.

I seem to be getting the same sort of response from most places so it looks like a non runner, he'll have to just bring me to South Africa and I'll buy him one there!!

Thank you all for your replies!:)

Advertisement