Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Shamrock Rovers V Real Madrid - Friendly Match Thread (nb: please read post #183)

1235»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,013 ✭✭✭✭eirebhoy

Ronaldo would be booed in many a country. I think he deserves it tbh. Ibrahimovich always goes on about being the best at everything but he's just the most sarcastic footballer out there. Ronaldo actually believes everything he says.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,503 ✭✭✭✭fullstop

Can anyone describe the Sky intro you're talking about? I missed it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,371 ✭✭✭acquiescefc

did sky pick up ronaldo when he lashed out with his foot after a tackle.. ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,824 ✭✭✭ShooterSF

Missed the game as I was playing football myself last night but I can't get people's shock at Ronaldo being booed. He was playing for the opposition and is considered almost a panto villain to most. When he played at United most non-United fans and even a few fans of the team disliked the guy. Why did people expect any other kind of reaction?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

To be honest when you came out and say you are worth more than 80 million, a few boo's are bound to come your way. His freekicks certainly weren't worth much last night. Perhaps the Spanish Ball doesn't have the patented valve he needs :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,591 ✭✭✭✭Aidric

fullstop wrote: »
    Can anyone describe the Sky intro you're talking about? I missed it
    It was set to the theme tune of The Departed and included a few talking head's hyping the game to high heaven.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,559 ✭✭✭UpTheSlashers

Ronaldo also suffered taunts of "who are ya?" when he sent a free-kick wide
    Suffered? Do they think this was malicious chant invented last night to mentally scar Ronaldo?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,252 ✭✭✭✭stovelid

Suffered? Do they think this was malicious chant invented last night to mentally scar Ronaldo?

He must have been scarred. Apparently he wouldn't swap his jersey with any of the Rovers players. :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,496 ✭✭✭quarryman

did sky pick up ronaldo when he lashed out with his foot after a tackle.. ?

i noticed that on the stream i was watching but not sure if the commentators picked up on it or if it was replayed later.

• Advertisement

quarryman wrote: »
    i notied that on the stream i was watching but not sure if the commentators picked up on it or if it was replayed later.

It was reported in most of the papers.

Along with the slavish reporting of Pat Flynn's (legal) tackle on Ronaldo. As if Rovers had kicked Madrid around the field all night.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭kryogen

did you see Ronaldos facial expressions and body language last night lads

i definatley dont think hes happy at the Bernabeau and think he will be on the move before long......

:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,349 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Jesus, just as well the Newcastle game wasn't on telly, the Joey Barton booing would have given some of you delicate souls heart attacks.

Maybe rugby's more up your street - they all go quiet for the kicks and you can get a nice cup of tea while gently applauding some guy trying to pull the eye out of his opponent's head.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,965 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

Stekelly wrote: »
    Really wasnt the game for flashy boots. If you pull that sort of stuff you damn well better be the best player on the park. Missing good chances and falling over the ball doesnt really cut it.

He always wears them tbh.

What was the story with Dessie Baker kissing Benzema at the end? :eek:

Benzema probably expressed gratitude for Dessie's assist.

• Advertisement

stovelid wrote: »
    Benzema probably expressed gratitude for Dessie's assist.

I wonder if he noticed that Baker was pitching a tent...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 747 ✭✭✭WillieCocker

He's gay.
    His boots gave that away long before the kiss.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

Because Benzema promised Baker that if he kissed him and then made sweet love to him, then he'd talk to Pellegrini about getting him into the Real Madrid squad.......... as a cleaner.

They make more money than the players those cleaners. Gwan the Dessie.

That_Guy wrote: »
    Because Benzema promised Baker that if he kissed him and then made sweet love to him, then he'd talk to Pellegrini about getting him into the Real Madrid squad.......... as a cleaner.

They make more money than the players those cleaners. Gwan the Dessie.

I'd be more worried about why your handsomely-paid team were matched by a scratch team with only one of those 'cleaners' for nearly three quarters of a game last week and why their innovative pre-season regime involved trips to Copper-Face Jacks.

Your sojourn in the Championship may be longer than you think. ;)

Advertisement