Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

large ballroom

Options
  • 20-07-2009 1:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 23

Hi,

we are planning to get married in A ballroom that will hold 300 people but we are only having 100-120 guests.
    Are we mad?

The venue is perfect other than this, any ideas on how to fill the space so that we're not lost in there?
    Will it be a crap party?

What do people think?
    Anyone done this before?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,791 ✭✭✭sweetie

I've djed at a few wedding like this and even though there was a good percentage dancing the dancefloor looked empty. I would think it would be difficult unless they have some sort of dividers for the room. I know Kilashee have this option.
    bonehead wrote: »
    Hi,

we are planning to get married in A ballroom that will hold 300 people but we are only having 100-120 guests.
    Are we mad?

The venue is perfect other than this, any ideas on how to fill the space so that we're not lost in there?
    Will it be a crap party?

What do people think?
    Anyone done this before?

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 23 bonehead

Hey sweetie

thanks for the info.
    They don't have any partitions in yet - but even if they did, We wouldn't use them, it would ruin the room. It's a very impressive room.

I was thinking more of any ideas to make the room smaller.
    We're going to have a chocolate fountain and probably have a large cake stand.

I think we will do some large flower arrangement on tall tables in the corners and try to "press" the people to the bar and dancefloor.

Anyone have any ideas?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,791 ✭✭✭sweetie

bigger tables and chairs! :D sorry!

it's a difficult one, surely the wedding person there has some suggestions?

• Registered Users Posts: 23 bonehead

They said 8 to a table, and that they would add furniture to the room to help fill it up.
    They don't have any reservations about the number at all, in fact they had a ball with 90 people and it was fine.

The problem is that I'm just a little nervous that they might be making "little" of my concerns (sorry Just couldn't help the pun)

Advertisement