Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Internet and MMS settings

• 20-07-2009 1:25pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4,234 ✭✭✭

Hi, probably asked before but if i accidentally use the mms settings to connect to the internet, first of all will it work and secondly, how much does it cost. On Meteor BPL

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭Random

See the FAQ: http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=59526469&postcount=19

Billpay
    (WAP) 2c per KB
    (ISP) €4.92 per MB (billed @ €0.0048 per KB)
    (ISP) €9.99 / 250MB monthly bundle
    (ISP) €30 / 10GB monthly (unlimited but fair usage policy of 10GB)

That be the pricing depending on what you chose.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,234 ✭✭✭Fresh Pots

Random wrote: »
    See the FAQ: http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=59526469&postcount=19

Billpay
    (WAP) 2c per KB
    (ISP) €4.92 per MB (billed @ €0.0048 per KB)
    (ISP) €9.99 / 250MB monthly bundle
    (ISP) €30 / 10GB monthly (unlimited but fair usage policy of 10GB)

That be the pricing depending on what you chose.
    So it cost the same as connecting regularly. Just wanted to check as i have almost connected a few times and wanted to make sure it wouldn't cost me a bomb!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭Random

Just to confirm with you ... rather than picking "Meteor WAP" or "Meteor ISP" or "Meteor Streaming" etc on your phone you chose "Meteor MMS" when connecting to the web?

To the best of my knowledge then this is the same as selecting "Meteor WAP" if it worked.

Yeah it was the MMS one i selected but i always copped it and exited before i got a chance to connect so i'm not actually sure if it even does connect.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,888 ✭✭✭Rsaeire

Random wrote: »
    Just to confirm with you ... rather than picking "Meteor WAP" or "Meteor ISP" or "Meteor Streaming" etc on your phone you chose "Meteor MMS" when connecting to the web?

To the best of my knowledge then this is the same as selecting "Meteor WAP" if it worked.
    squared wrote: »
    Yeah it was the MMS one i selected but i always copped it and exited before i got a chance to connect so i'm not actually sure if it even does connect.

Meteor don't allow Internet traffic to go through the MMS APN. I have tested it recently and was unable to access the Internet through either a handset's built in web browser or Opera mini.

• Advertisement

Rsaeire wrote: »
    Meteor don't allow Internet traffic to go through the MMS APN. I have tested it recently and was unable to access the Internet through either a handset's built in web browser or Opera mini.
    Cool. Thats good to know. So i can keep my mms settings without having to worry about getting a huge billbill

Thanks guys.

Advertisement