Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Photoshop problems; converting to PDF

Options
  • 20-07-2009 1:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 104 ✭✭

Hey,

I'm trying to use Photoshop (for the second time only) and create a poster for my football team.

When I print it out, everything is fuzzy (in particular the photo which I took using my digital camera) and I have been told that I need to convert it to PDF which I've done by saving it in the pdf option on photoshop but it still doesn't come out right. Can anybody explain to me how to do this properly?

Also, if by chance, anyone knows of where I could find decent poster templates such as a 'Wanted' poster template, such info would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 552 ✭✭✭Hank_Scorpio

What resolution did you set the image size too when you created the new document?

What resolution are your images?

For desktop printers you'll only need about 150 - 250 dpi.

You should open any images you want to use and resample them, you can look that up in the help files.

For printing out, converting to PDF will help for text. But you'd be better off printing that from Acrobat.

There's plenty of things you need to look into for creating a viable print from a poster.

You'd be better off using a program like InDesign (single page or multipage documents) or Illustrator (I'd recommend single page documents only).

Photoshop is not really the best tool to use to make posters.

If you don't have InDesign or Illustrator you can download 30 day trials from Adobe.

If you don't want to do this check out Scribus (it's free) for doing page layouts.

If you're hell bent on doing this in Photoshop I've posted in other threads about how to make a good PDF from Photoshop

Here's one post on how to set up properly for sending to a print shop

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=60756390&postcount=3

Other things you need to remember are to

Leave text as text layers

Use a high enough resolution for your images (300 is the standard, but for home printing the resolution of printers don't go that high)

If you're doing it on a home printer you're probably better off having the document in RGB.

If you're sending to a real printers then it's best to use CMYK mode.

Don't flatten your image before making the PDF.

Print the PDF from Acrobat.

Another post of mine for designing in Photoshop

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=56494363&postcount=7

If you need further info or other pointers then please ask.

Advertisement