Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Real Madrid

• 20-07-2009 1:44pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,459 ✭✭✭

Anyone shooting tonight?

I didnt get accred, but am going to the game will try and get a few off with the 70-200, the 300mm will stay at home!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,281 ✭✭✭Ricky91t

Not going to the game but look forward to seein the shots you can get from the crowd

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,598 ✭✭✭Saint_Mel

Didnt get accred either.
    Wonder will PlatunimOne be strict on bringing cameras into the ground? I was at a friendly last season and media/security attached to the touring team spent the 90 minutes scanning the crowd to see if anyone had anything more than a p&s camera. Not sure what happened but they made a bee line for anyone they spotted with a lens.

They also told a tog, who had accrediation, that he had taken enough pictures when he was trying to snap a few of them jogging off the pitch at full time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,878 ✭✭✭whyulittle

Saint_Mel wrote: »
    Didnt get accred either.
    Wonder will PlatunimOne be strict on bringing cameras into the ground? I was at a friendly last season and media/security attached to the touring team spent the 90 minutes scanning the crowd to see if anyone had anything more than a p&s camera. Not sure what happened but they made a bee line for anyone they spotted with a lens.

They also told a tog, who had accrediation, that he had taken enough pictures when he was trying to snap a few of them jogging off the pitch at full time.

And he takes SFA during a game as well. So glad I didn't go to that game.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,822 ✭✭✭Ballyman

I didnt get accred,

Thats surprising. Do you not cover most of Rovers games? They must have gotten some amount of applications.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,598 ✭✭✭Saint_Mel

Ballyman wrote: »
    Thats surprising. Do you not cover most of Rovers games? They must have gotten some amount of applications.

Over 1000 from what I was told

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

I only live up the road, but my longest lens is 85mm (or 135 with a crop body) and to be honest I don't fancy hanging around the mayhem that will more than likely occur.

If I had a 400mm though I'd definitely give it a shot.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,965 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

Ballyman wrote: »

Nothing to do with Rovers it's PlatniumOne show. Wonder if there will be actually room around the whole pitch to do photos as the pitch has been made smaller due to the fact of the temp seating.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,459 ✭✭✭Dodgykeeper

Dave Maher from sportsfile told me that only one from each agency got accred and that none of the newspaper snappers did, looks like p1 and madrid are trying to control where the pics go, I hope the 2 official rovers photographers get to shoot!

• Registered Users Posts: 436 ✭✭eeyore2502

Looking forward to seeing the pictures.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,263 ✭✭✭✭Borderfox

Hype hype and more hype

Does that not p**s you off the fact that so many people want to shoot wheres on a regular LOI game you can waltz in and out when you want (metaphorically speaking)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,198 ✭✭✭kensutz

I don't agree with the whole media circus building up to the event and had no intention of applying for the game.

Borderfox wrote: »
    Hype hype and more hype

Does that not p**s you off the fact that so many people want to shoot wheres on a regular LOI game you can waltz in and out when you want (metaphorically speaking)

It p****d me off no end but guess what, I shot uninpeded by anyone and I did not have to sign forms agreeing to their terms, my pics will be available to Shamrock Rovers and fans and any one else who wants to view them, Up yer bo**ix P1

Pics to follow

• Registered Users Posts: 2,337 ✭✭✭positivenote

good man,
    was there meself tonight, but alas for the football alone being a member and season ticket holder dont you know... didnt realise there were so many hoops on here...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,965 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

Good pictures as usual DK. No photographers allow on the pitch? Didn't see one during the whole match on TV. Also pity you didn't take any crowd picture, we could have played - spot the Man Utd. gear.:rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,371 ✭✭✭acquiescefc

they looked like they were all kept behind the hoarding on the west(i think) stand.

Heres a couple from the stands...

3741187454_c513e59df6_b.jpg

3740396127_bbf48c3e38_b.jpg

3740401575_27acd06499_b.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18 pixel 41

Have league of Ireland Accred. didnt get any accred for this match or the training camp total waste of time emailing them wont bother with trying to get into any of their gigs again * not that they would let me in * talk about hype.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 492 ✭✭one2one

I also photograph at alot of Rovers matches, applied for accred here also, got a reply on the Friday before the match saying no! So missed the training and match!

Advertisement