Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Tattoo

Options
  • 20-07-2009 1:49pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 25

First Post yay!

I currently have two tattoos and want to get a third. One on the outside of my right leg of a Jester, and a small Chinese symbol just below my left shoulder blade.

What i want to get though is something for my left under wrist. I'm a Big Joker fan, and have been all my life, not just another Heath Ledger joker fan.

I was thinking of getting The Joker's calling card on my wrist, but imagining it it would feel too naked. http://www.ironcowprod.com/features/downloads/joker_retro.jpg

I would need some sort of a design around it. But am completely stumped on how to work it into a design. If yo have an idea's suggestions that would be great! Also, if you could recommend what you believe to be the best tattoo place for the job. Being a big fan I would be really gutted if it came out looking bad.

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,799 ✭✭✭Diceicle

While I wouldn't be mad on the look of that joker card (is that the specific joker calling card?), my suggestion would be to give the card a grungey look of sorts by having the artist put in some tearing on the card or possibly some singed / burned edges to the card. In order for this to look the best it can, you'd want an artist who is very good at doing photo-realistic tattoos IMO.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25 elwaster

The card itself isn't too much of a must, meaning, the straight edge look, but I would like some sort of interpretation of the central image. The idea of having the card singed and burnt is great! Should help it blend into my skin better.

Do you know of any good photo realistic tattoo artists. I only moved here about 6 weeks ago, so still finding my feet.

thanks!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 ciarahughes11

thinking about getting a tattoo on my wrist but havnt a clue what to get. any suggestions?? wanted to get the word love but its a tad cliche

• Registered Users Posts: 1,799 ✭✭✭Diceicle

thinking about getting a tattoo on my wrist but havnt a clue what to get. any suggestions?? wanted to get the word love but its a tad cliche

I would suggest that if you dont know dont rush into it. Take some time, think it over, look at sites like bmezine to see what you like and take it from there.

Advertisement