Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hiding my previous posts

Options
  • 20-07-2009 1:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭

Hi,

I want to hide my previous posts so that people can't see what I previously posted, as my identity may have become compromised.

Please advise!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

Can't be done I'm afraid. Anonymity is not guaranteed and should not be expected.

• Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭elambra

So the only way is to change my username?

If I want to remove specific posts, is this possible?

Can you advise on the best way to fix this problem as I want to hide my identity from this particular person. (I don't have a desire to be an anonymous poster though)

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

If you have issues with a small number of specific posts (like, no more than 5), you can send them on and I'll see about editing them, I probably won't delete them.

There's no way to retroactively erase information from someone's brain. If this person has already identified you, then changing your posts or your name won't make you suddenly "disappear".

Starting a new account is theoretically the only way of "hiding", but your posting style and the things you talk about can equally identify you just as much as the information you give out.

Advertisement