Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Buying a "As New" phone

• 20-07-2009 1:52pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 643 ✭✭✭

Did anyone here ever buy a "as new" phone?

Im thinking of buying a "as new" phone, HP iPaq 914c, off Expansys. When I asked what as new meant I got a reply off Expansys saying
    The HP iPAQ 914c Business Messenger - As New (EU, QWERTY, English, Wi-Fi, GPS) is a unit made by the manufacturer and not sold out on time.

The manufacturer decided to empty its stocks so offered a good opportunity to get those units with a good price. To avoid any problem the manufacturer checked each unit and updated those. The boxes had to be opened to be checked out sot hey are not sealed any longer.

When a unit is not sealed we need to inform the customer so that is why we informed : as new.

Does this mean the phone was turned on and used?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,584 ✭✭✭PCPhoto

as new - means its a refurbished unit (normally)

it might (and possibly) has been used before.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

I wouldn't have any problem with buying the handset. You still have the exact same warranty that you would with any phone. Its a process that HP use, they fix any problems with returned phones and they are recertified as new. The as new models come with the exact same warranty terms, so if any problems do arise, you have the same come back.

• Registered Users Posts: 840 ✭✭✭micks

Davy wrote: »
    I wouldn't have any problem with buying the handset. You still have the exact same warranty that you would with any phone. Its a process that HP use, they fix any problems with returned phones and they are recertified as new. The as new models come with the exact same warranty terms, so if any problems do arise, you have the same come back.
    sorry for reviving old thread !
    What's difference between "as new" and "B-Stock" on expansys looking at same hp ipaq 914c
    cheers

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

B-stock is normally boxes that have been opened or damaged slightly but the item should work fine.

As new is more that the product was faulty but recertified by the company that its working perfectly now

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,009 ✭✭✭✭Run_to_da_hills

If the refurbished hand set is ex some service provider and sold to you as "sim free" more than likely the manufacturers warrenty wll be totally null & void. :eek:

• Advertisement
Advertisement