Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Taxes due on import from Scotland?

• 20-07-2009 1:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 134 ✭✭

I'm thinking of buying a new lens from Kerso in Scotland, based on numerous recommendations I've seen here for both the lens and the seller.
    It would be the Canon 50mm f1.8 costing c £80 and £10 p+p.

Before I make the purchase, I would like to know whether there would be any import taxes or duties to be paid when it arrives.

On the website, it says that none are payable because the items are coming from Scotland but I would like to know for sure from those who have had photo equipment delivered from Kerso. These things have a habit of cropping up unexpectedly. :eek:

Is all still well at Kerso? Any reference to Kerso has been a number of months old. Is it still the case to email Ian directly rather than go via eBay to get the best price?

Any up to date input would be welcome. Thanks.

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

There will be no added charges on anything sent within the EU.

Although, I would consider £90 to be too expensive for this lens imo. That's only 20 quid less than what you'd pay in Dublin. I'd pay the extra and have it in my hand ASAP tbh.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,393 ✭✭✭AnCatDubh

Haven't done business with them but Scotland being within the EU should mean no taxes / duty will be due to be paid.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 469 ✭✭ttcomet

Ì have done a lot of business with him and can confirm there is no tax due (or for any other sellar in the EU).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,584 ✭✭✭PCPhoto

might be easier to buy one secondhand - on adverts maybe .... will be cheaper too.

oh ... no taxes from in the EU (like others have said)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,057 ✭✭✭kjt

ttcomet wrote: »
    Ì have done a lot of business with him and can confirm there is no tax due (or for any other sellar in the EU).

Same here! Although if there was only a few euro in the difference I'd deffo buy in Gunns!!!

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

kjt wrote: »
    Same here! Although if there was only a few euro in the difference I'd deffo buy in Gunns!!!
    I rang gunns for a quote on something the other day and they told me they don't stock Canon.

I was bemused.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,557 ✭✭✭DotOrg

Gunnes defintely stock Canon, I was in there 30 minutes ago looking at Canon delights

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 266 ✭✭car

I bought a Canon 2.8fL lens off Kerso in Scotland only a few weeks ago, it was a pleasure doing business with him and def will be keeping him in mind for the next time I have an organ to sell.

I did buy my canon 1.8 lens off Amazon though, didnt get caught for tax, cost around €85 include delivery.

Advertisement