Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

[Dream 10] Will Contain Spoilers

Options
  • 20-07-2009 2:00pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,923 ✭✭✭

2009-07-20

Fight Card

Vitor Ribeiro vs. Shinya Aoki
    Jason High vs. Andre Galvao
    Hayato Sakurai vs. Marius Zaromskis
    Melvin Manhoef vs. Paulo Filho
    Katsunori Kikuno vs. Andre Amade
    Seichi Ikemoto vs. Tarec Saffiedine
    Jesse Taylor vs. Dong Sik Yoon

The majority of subsequent posts will contain spoilers. Read at your own peril.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,923 ✭✭✭Nothingcompares

I'll throw in spoiler tags anyway

Paulo and Manhoef
    Paulo Filho is back? Was getting his ass kicked by Melvin Mahhoef who looked to have Filho stunned numerous timed. Obviously Filho came in shape and his representation for having a granite jaw is legit because he took a beating from Manhoef in the early moments only to take him down and arm bar him in the next.

Sholin and Aoki
    I think this was an incredibly interesting fight. If Aoki makes it to the UFC I think this is the type of fight he will fight in - slightly boring. Vitor is a solid opponent (but should he be fighting at 145 instead?) but looked to have poor stand up (inferior to Aoki's) but excellent grappling strength. Aoki was able to nullify any Shoalin submission attempts in the 2nd round and fully deserved his win. After his performance I'm more assured Aoki can beat UFC LWs. Although his striking would be much better tested against florian and friends.

Andre Galvao Jason High
    Dominated the first 10 minutes with his excellent jiujitsu skills but High's better stand up put him over the edge has he went on a rampage in the last round. Andre is a danger to everyone on the ground but his stand up is still relatively poor at this level.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 564 ✭✭✭Jason Mc

Filho versus anderson silva is now one of the top matchs I'd like to see. But it would be interesting to warm him up with someone like bisping if he makes it to the UFC.

Hope he can behave himself

• Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭Ramunas

Congratulations to Marius Zaromskis

• Registered Users Posts: 351 ✭✭Tyler MacDurden

Ramunas wrote: »
    Congratulations to Marius Zaromskis

Labas vakaras Ramunas. :D

I'm a big fan of Zaromskis too, great style to watch. Considering he's got wins against some Brits (Mason, Pointon) who've had UFC contracts, I'm surprised he hasn't had more interest from the bigger organisations before this.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

la la la la not reading thread but just came into say thanks for the reminder and escape spoiler free and head off to aquire this. Pheeeeew :pac:

Cheers OP.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,441 ✭✭✭Killme00

Quite the KO in the final.

Mach Sakurai looked a bit peeved at the stoppage in the semi final though.

Im saving the Aoki fight for laters

Been working my way through 4 hours of this all week and wow what an event it was, some great fights, and plenty of thrills and spills.

Mike the voice if anyone saw this with him commentating was as hilarious as ever :D (way to many to quote here ) but they did call it saying the one chink in manhoef's armor was arm bars !!!

Realy want to see Dream go from strength to strength , maybe its the old pride nostalgia kicking in but when Affliction folds lets hope some of those guys find a home there , Josh would be cool for cats fighting there at least :rolleyes:

Aoki v hansen next @ dream for the strap and he wants the crusher @ dynamite :O

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,803 ✭✭✭dunkamania

I was a bit disappointed with the Aoki fight. I recognise the implementation of an excellent gameplan, tailor made for his opponent, but I was hoping for another awesome grappling display. I dont think Aoki could stand against any of the top 5 UFC LW. He is too small, and I dont think he is well rounded enough.

Glad to see Filho has got his head together, sweet armbar.

Thought Galvao should have won the fight, confused by that decision. In a kneebar for 2 minutes, moving from mount to back for another 3 minutes

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,441 ✭✭✭Killme00

Galvoa riased the other guys hand in victory and didnt complain.

Fihlo is a beast

• Registered Users Posts: 3,663 ✭✭✭JoeyJJ

watched the first hour, very good match Hayato Sakurai vs. Marius Zaromskis. Must watch the rest soon.

• Advertisement

JoeyJJ wrote: »
    watched the first hour, very good match Hayato Sakurai vs. Marius Zaromskis. Must watch the rest soon.

the best has yet to come so :pac:

Advertisement