Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

*REHOMING thread* (Once off requests only)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,135 ✭✭✭flanzer

Hi guys. We have a four year old spayed female cat that needs a new home. It's an outdoor cat and likes affection on her own terms. Even after 4 years she's quite playful. The problem is shes quite a small cat and other cats on the streets bully her and mark their territories in and around our garden.

Having a curious 18 month old daughter, on a couple of occasions she has come across a few 'surprises' when exploring through the flower beds.

The cat is well looked after, fully vaccinated, sleeps in a large shed and knows how to use a cat flap and litter

Hope you can help. I'll get up a few photos tomorrow

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭Snowman81

Hello, We have a two year old lab that unfortunately we can't keep. He really is a good dog but he's not getting the attention that he needs, due to a change in work commitments and he has become lonely and bored. We have all the papers for him and he has been fully vaccinated. If anybody could help i would really appreciate it. He is going to be so hard to give him away but I just home there is somebody that would be interested that has a big garden and other animals. He is also brilliant with kids.

• Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭Everett

Snowman81 wrote: »
    Hello, We have a two year old lab that unfortunately we can't keep. He really is a good dog but he's not getting the attention that he needs, due to a change in work commitments and he has become lonely and bored. We have all the papers for him and he has been fully vaccinated. If anybody could help i would really appreciate it. He is going to be so hard to give him away but I just home there is somebody that would be interested that has a big garden and other animals. He is also brilliant with kids.

Is this dog house trained?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,135 ✭✭✭flanzer

flanzer wrote: »
    Hi guys. We have a four year old spayed female cat that needs a new home. It's an outdoor cat and likes affection on her own terms. Even after 4 years she's quite playful. The problem is shes quite a small cat and other cats on the streets bully her and mark their territories in and around our garden.

Having a curious 18 month old daughter, on a couple of occasions she has come across a few 'surprises' when exploring through the flower beds.

The cat is well looked after, fully vaccinated, sleeps in a large shed and knows how to use a cat flap and litter

Hope you can help. I'll get up a few photos tomorrow

Pics as promised. She's a great little cat

112214.JPG

112215.JPG

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 zaurel

Hi,
    With sadness we are looking for a good home for our beloved budgies, Paco and Puca.
    Unfortunatelly we are leaving the country and could not find any possible legal way that allowed them to fly with us.

They come with a cage with plenty of room, so they can strech their little wings, and everything they need is provided (even food for month time).

We are not selling them because we couldn't put a price on their heads and we want to make sure they go to a good home where they will be taken care of.

If you are a budgie or animal lover and want to give Paco and Puka a chance let us know

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭Snowman81

Everett wrote: »
    Is this dog house trained?

Yes he is house trained

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,662 ✭✭✭Trinity

German Shepherd Male

Sorry, I cant rehome him at present.

Mods, if there is any issue with me deleting the post please feel free to contact me and I will explain

thanks
    Trinity

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 ellablue

Hi Folks.

I am looking for one or maybe two kittens. I live in the Kildare the area but can travel to collect. I would like ginger kittens and one must be female. My last two cats have been female & ginger and this is the reason. My husband and I love cats and they would be moving to a cat loving house where they will be spoilled. We are both 30 years of age and have no children. We live in have a large dormer bungalow in the country with lots of space. I would be thrilled if I could find our new family members soon...If anyone has any kittens that they are looking to rehome with this description please concider us.

Thanks

EB

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 kerrymam

am new here so forgive me if I am posting in the wrong place.
    We are desperately looking for a cocker spaniel for the kids.
    We can't afford the price of the ones being advertised. We just missed out on one in a rescue centre 2 weeks ago.
    anyone?

• Registered Users Posts: 261 ✭✭Satyr_The_Great

Not sure if this should be here or in the rehoming section but i am looking for labrador or a boxer or similar, around 4 months to a year old. I am in the kilkenny / carlow / kildare (Athy) / laois area. Must be good with other dogs. If you want to rehome or sell one, please contact me.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,462 ✭✭✭Orla K

Try the kildare animal foundation (just outside kildare town) I know they have boxers, I haven't seen all the dogs and don't know the ages but alot of them are lovely.

There's a lurcher there that I'd love to take home and I never really liked the look of greyhounds.

Actually re reading the post it may be too far to go. I think there's one in laois (maybe mountmellick)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,081 ✭✭✭irelandspurs

Not sure if this should be here or in the rehoming section but i am looking for labrador or a boxer or similar, around 4 months to a year old. I am in the kilkenny / carlow / kildare (Athy) / laois area. Must be good with other dogs. If you want to rehome or sell one, please contact me.
    There a boxer rescue in portarlington and i know she has other dogs to.

• Registered Users Posts: 261 ✭✭Satyr_The_Great

Cancel that, I got a nice Staffordshire bull terrier. Picking him up tomorrow afternoon. Nice playfull little guy. thanks for the help anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 371 ✭✭illicit007

Hi everyone.

I recently took home a Doberman who I discovered has a fairly bad dog aggression problem. Hes 100% perfect with children and people etc, but other dogs he wants to fight with. Honestly I would never have taken this dog if the previous owners told me about him. I can't afford to pay for rehabilitation as I'm unemployed for a few months now and have no savings and am broke. I have no idea what to do as I'm desperate. This dog would probably suit someone who lives in the country who doesnt have other dogs, or a dog trainer who wants to rehabiliate this dog and sell him on the a) make a profit and b) save a dogs life. I'm pleading for anyone who might be able to help this dog to get in contact. Please Private Message me.

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 1,712 ✭✭✭lorebringer

kerrymam wrote: »
    am new here so forgive me if I am posting in the wrong place.
    We are desperately looking for a cocker spaniel for the kids.
    We can't afford the price of the ones being advertised. We just missed out on one in a rescue centre 2 weeks ago.
    anyone?

Hi! Cockers are not the best breed with children - they can be snappy and don't have a very high tolerance threshold. I'm sure there are plenty of Cockers who are fine with children but I personally would never recommend them for a young (children under 12) family. Most rescues would be able to tell you if a particular dog is good with children or not, perhaps have a look online and if you find a dog you like (whatever the breed) you could contact the rescue and they would be able to tell you all about their temperament. There are a few Cavaliers in rescues at the moment (which is madness, they are usually like gold dust in rescues), as a breed they are very good with children and a lovely pet and house dog. http://www.irishanimals.ie/spanielsetters_homes.html

Some good sites for looking for dogs are:

www.irishanimals.ie
    www.dogindistress.oeg
    www.dogstrust.ie
    www.ispca.ie

If you need any more info, feel free to pm me.

• Registered Users Posts: 133 ✭✭TaraR

HI Guys
    So Yesterday I Took In A Male Staffordshire Bull Terrier Who Is About 3 Years Old Or More. His Name Is Ceasar. He's Fawn & White,Hes A Very Big & Strong Boy.Im Not Quite Sure If He Gets On With Other Dogs But I Was Told He Gets On Fine With Dogs That He Had Known For A While.

Hes Not House Trained As I Unfortunately Found Out :Plol...He Loves People Loves Loads Of Attention. He Would Need Home With People That Have Experience With This Breed. Hes Very Upset At The Min Because Hes After Been Moved From House To House The Past 2 Days & Now Needs His FOREVER Home.

Picture396.jpg
    Picture395.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 974 ✭✭✭paultf

Hi! Cockers are not the best breed with children - they can be snappy and don't have a very high tolerance threshold. I'm sure there are plenty of Cockers who are fine with children but I personally would never recommend them for a young (children under 12) family. Most rescues would be able to tell you if a particular dog is good with children or not, perhaps have a look online and if you find a dog you like (whatever the breed) you could contact the rescue and they would be able to tell you all about their temperament. There are a few Cavaliers in rescues at the moment (which is madness, they are usually like gold dust in rescues), as a breed they are very good with children and a lovely pet and house dog. http://www.irishanimals.ie/spanielsetters_homes.html

Some good sites for looking for dogs are:

www.irishanimals.ie
    www.dogindistress.oeg
    www.dogstrust.ie
    www.ispca.ie

If you need any more info, feel free to pm me.

lorebringer,

Not sure where you are getting that info. from re: cockers not been good with children. I have 3 blue roan cockers and they are great with children. Not sure how you can label all cockers in that way.

kerrymam, sometimes there are cocker's on some of the rescue sites. Not that often though. Keep an eye out. They are a great pet and if you talk to the rescue centre they'll be able to tell you about their character and whether they get on with kids.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,712 ✭✭✭lorebringer

paultf wrote: »
    lorebringer,
    Not sure where you are getting that info. from re: cockers not been good with children. I have 3 blue roan cockers and they are great with children. Not sure how you can label all cockers in that way.

I do work with a rescue charity and from experience, they are not a good breed with children. Many rescues won't rehome them with younger kids. However, this could be the very reason they are in rescue in the first place. I have a Working Cocker who is scared sh!tless of children and would snap if he felt threatened by them. I have fostered a few and many of them were snappy. Obviously, not all Cockers are terrible with children but I would never recommend them being homed with children.

Good to hear your guys are good with kids - love the blue roans, fab markings.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 border

BORDER COLLIE PUPPY- GALWAY

Hi, we have almost 4 months old border collie kind of puppy. He has no pedigree ,but is very nice and smart and his both parents are collies.We got used to him already and we like him a lot and we will miss him for a long time. frown.gif

The thing is he needs A LOT of attention and time. I train ,play with him every day betweet time when he sleeps and if I dont give him non stop ,100% attention he goes crazy. frown.gif I know we should know this before taking puppy and I am aware this decision was reckless ,but I hope its not to late to find the right people for him. I will only give him away to responsible experienced with pupies or collies person. I can't even think about him ending up in pound -in that case we would keep him and try to find way to make him and our selfs happy in this situation. I am very confused and angry wth myself that I cant cope frown.gif and feel responsible for him.
    He is fully vaccinated ,wormed , makes progress every day with training.
    We will only consider serious and reliable offers from people who are aware of the fact that dog is a big commitment, needs lot of time ,sometimes money. Perfect person would be someone who would keep him at home (he got used to this already) and who would train with him agility, frisbee etc.
    If you know a lot about collies ,have lots of time and think about dog as friend for life, please pm me and I can send you some photos.

frown.giffrown.giffrown.gif
    frown.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 117 ✭✭-aboutagirl-

Hi,

We found this little stray dog a few weeks ago and are trying to find a new home for him. Unfortunately I already have two other male dogs and realistically am not in the position to keep him in the long term.

He is a very small male terrierX. He is approx 4-5 years old and is very loveable and friendly. Would suit a home where he would get lots of attention and love. He has been checked over by the vets and seems to be in good health but has some scars on his ears from before we found him.

Please get in touch if you or anyone you know would be interested. He deserves a good home!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭sweetnjuicy

Hey all.
    I'm looking to adopt a female kitten.
    I live in Cork city and already have 2 female cats who have just turned 1. Recently they have been getting very bored and no matter how much play time they get they never seem overly happy. They have been having playtime at the weekend with my aunts 8 wk old JRT and altho I'd love a pup I cant afford to buy one atm. So I think they would love a baby sister.
    Any kitty that comes to live with me will be well loved and taken care of. And be spoilt rotten and have all the toys they could wish for.
    As well as having 2 great big sisters.
    I cant travel very far as I dont have a car. But can travel within cork itself.
    If you have kittys ready for rehoming or due soon pm pics to me and I'll get back to you.
    Alternatively if you have a small to med sized pup free to a good home I will also consider them also as I would dearly love a pup.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28 equinestudent

Hi,
    I've got 7 collie cross pups looking for homes! There is 4 girls and 3 boys in total, although I've 3 friends that are interested so that will leave 2 girls and 2 boys. Absolutely gorgeous pups, they are 3 weeks at the min and will be ready to go at the end of May/start of June.

I've lost the cable to my camera so only have a pic of the mother at the minute. She's a lovely quiet and affectionate dog. All pups look just like her, although two have a little brown around their faces. The dad was an unexpected (and unwanted) visitor but he was a black collie x, possibly a bit of labrador as he was a bit more chunky than mum!

Pm for more details and I'll try get pics up as soon as I can!

• Registered Users Posts: 18,918 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

This post has been deleted.

This post has been deleted.

Hi Captain Morgan,
    The pups are in Co. Roscommon. I'm currently studying for exams here (and getting very distracted!) but I'll be up and down to Kildare to do my exams. I've no problem delivering them when their ready, or meeting someone somewhere convenient, but I'm sure most people would want to come and pick one themselves. It will be Thursday before I can upload pics as I left the cable to the camera in Kildare! They're worth the wait though I promise!! :)

Just remembered I have a memory stick in the camera! Here's a couple of pics of the pups at 3 weeks old. I've loads more and will try take some better ones outside soon so if anyone is particularly interested pm and I'll send them on. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6 hannahb

hello we have two degus to rehome they are beautiful little pets smaller than chinchillas,and great fun to watch they come with a big cage which is free to go with them please pm me for more details thanks Hannah

• Registered Users Posts: 97 ✭✭DannyKing

hey, been looking for a beagle for a while now. Preferably under 6 months. If anyone knows of one on the go get in touch.
    Cheers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 Raychill

Hey Hannah (: I love degus. Where are you located?

• Registered Users Posts: 637 ✭✭✭Wisco

Please PM me for details, rabbit looking for home.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,206 ✭✭✭✭amiable

Hi all, I'm looking for an Irish Soft Coated Wheaten Terrier if anyone can help great

Advertisement