Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

*REHOMING thread* (Once off requests only)

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,466 ✭✭✭Lumi

IS this kitten still available? Do you have a picture?

Sorry, he's happy out in his new home.

• Registered Users Posts: 193 ✭✭Geordie_Girl

Hi all, long shot here, but I might as well try.

We had 2 male rats, but one of them died a while back so we're currently keeping just one on his own (not ideal for rats). Added to this, we're moving very soon and won't be able to have pets in the new house.

He's quite old and is half blind due to a cataract on one eye (he's albino, so pretty much blind to start with), and has one baldy patch of skin. He's friendly though and doesn't bite. He mightn't sound like much of a catch LOL, but he's a nice little rat and I was wondering if anyone (maybe someone who already has rats) would let him live out the end of his days with them.

He has a nice big cage, and plenty of food to go with him to wherever he goes. :)

Can anyone help?

I'm in D15, and don't have transport so he'd need to be collected.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 X.Gemma.X

Hey i have two black and white kittens that i would like too go to a good home/homes They are very friendly once they get to know you;)If possible i would like them gone today or tomorrow as i havent the time or money for them as i have 1 other cat and two kittens :( If you would like to know more about these PM me or if you would like to have one :) I live in north dublin:) btw there 10 weeks old and both females thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,729 ✭✭✭Acoshla

Spadina wrote: »
    Hi All,

A relative of mine is looking to find a home for a puppy her dog had ASAP.

The puppy is a Jack Russell/Bichon Frise cross, 3 month old male, very friendly, very good with everyone including children, and on his way to being housetrained.

I'm waiting on a photo of him and will upload it as soon as I get it. She is based in Galway County, and looking to rehome immediately as his dad (the Bichon Frise) is taking a dislike to him :(

If anyone is interested please PM me.

This is the little guy:

4856845104_b369944d6d.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 313 ✭✭Rabbitandcavy

Hi i am offering a great home to one or two pet mice. I have a lot of experience with small animals. I would prefer mice no younger then 6 months.Thanks!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 179 ✭✭boxermad

Due to unfortunate circumstances I have to get rid of my kitten who is about 14 weeks old. She is a ginger tabby cat. We have a food bowl, litter tray with cat litter, dry food and pouches and afew toys. The reason we have to get rid of her is because she hasnt come to terms with the dogs so have to give it to a new home. I can email pics of whoever is interested. I am located in Tralee Co. Kerry

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,762 ✭✭✭✭stupidusername

I've a pigeon that seems to have PMV. He's not your ordinary pigeon, he's black and white, and slightly bigger than usual. I picked him up outside a week ago, as I saw his neck was twisting, and couldn't seem to fly straight. I've had him on Baytril since Tuesday, but it seems he's not getting better.

The vet wants to put him down, but I wanted to give him the chance to be rehomed first.

He can't be around other birds as this disease will spread, and he wouldn't survive in the wild. As his flying isn't great, he couldn't be around other animals really.

Just wondering is there anyone that might be interested in keeping him as a pet. I'd hate to see him put down when he could live a good life indoors.

Here's a picture of him.
    kingpij.jpg

If anyone might be interested please let me know as soon as possible, as we'll be putting him to sleep on Monday or Tuesday if we don't hear anything.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,081 ✭✭✭irelandspurs

I've a pigeon that seems to have PMV. He's not your ordinary pigeon, he's black and white, and slightly bigger than usual. I picked him up outside a week ago, as I saw his neck was twisting, and couldn't seem to fly straight. I've had him on Baytril since Tuesday, but it seems he's not getting better.

The vet wants to put him down, but I wanted to give him the chance to be rehomed first.

He can't be around other birds as this disease will spread, and he wouldn't survive in the wild. As his flying isn't great, he couldn't be around other animals really.

Just wondering is there anyone that might be interested in keeping him as a pet. I'd hate to see him put down when he could live a good life indoors.

Here's a picture of him.
    kingpij.jpg

If anyone might be interested please let me know as soon as possible, as we'll be putting him to sleep on Monday or Tuesday if we don't hear anything.
    Jack duckworth.
    only joking,would it not just be better to put him down if he's ill??

• Registered Users Posts: 807 ✭✭✭poconnor16

Hi all,

I am an animal lover that would love to give a kitten a home. I will be looking to adopt from the 3rd week of Sept (on vacation prior to this) - so if your cat has just had a litter please let me know.
    I'd like the little one to be 7/8 weeks old so they can have a good start. Male/female, colouring - not fussed, they will be unconditionally loved and cared for regardless.
    Cork area - genuine cases only.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,648 ✭✭✭mav79

Hey Spadina just wondering if the puppy is still available, just looking for two small to medium sized dogs?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 28 equinestudent

Hi,
    Not sure if I should put this in the agency thread so mods feel free to move it and sorry if I've got it wrong.

I'm fostering Buddy for the Roscommon SPCA. He's been in kennels there since before Christmas but has been with me for the past 2 weeks. He's an absolute dote and is very well behaved. He walks well on the lead and is quite sensible for his age (approx 1 year). He would be ideal for someone looking for a dog that is past the real "puppy" stage but still young and will easily adapt. He's very playful but has great manners and is very gentle for his size. His only fault is that he has a habit of jumping up to say hello which bothers some people. We love him to bits and would love to see him go to a good home. I'm happy to deliver him once arrangements have been made with the SPCA. He's vaccinated and neutered.

Pm me or contact Roscommon SPCA for more details.
    roscommonanimals.com

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 grainne97

Hey guys, I've been looking for a beagle puppy for a while now, breeders are asking fortunes and I'd prefer to rehome an unwanted dog anyway and spare them from the pound!
    Has anyone got a beagle for adoption? Preferably under a year! Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 1,446 ✭✭✭miss_shadow

Hi guys,

11 week old kitten needing a new home.
    we're located in Cork.

she has loads of character, quite qwerky!!:D:D

sharon.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 44 guess

Beautiful black kitten to be rehomed.

Kitten was abandoned by its mother, a stray cat. Kitten is suprisingly very tame, sweet natured. She is eating and drinking well. Not scared by people, purrs when you pet her. She is quite small for her age, im guessing 6-7weeks, But we are feeding her up at the moment, she is eating about 4-5 small meals a day. I need a loving home asap because we have a large dog who does not like cats, they cant be kept in the same place.

Please pm me for more details, photo etc. Kitten will come with its bowl, ball, and kitten food.

Beautiful black kitten to be rehomed. Mother abandoned this kitten, she is a stray. Kitten is about 6-8 weeks. Small for her age, but we are feeding her up at the moment, she is eating 4-5 small meals a day. She is the sweetest little kitten, very friendly, purrs when you pet her. She is eating and drinking very well. Will make a fab pet cat, if someone gives her a chance. I cant keep her because we have a large dog that dislikes cats. P.M me for more details and photo. I am in the munster area.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,620 ✭✭✭sligopark

grainne97 wrote: »
    Hey guys, I've been looking for a beagle puppy for a while now, breeders are asking fortunes and I'd prefer to rehome an unwanted dog anyway and spare them from the pound!
    Has anyone got a beagle for adoption? Preferably under a year! Thanks

http://www.lcc.ie/DogImagesWeb/displayImage.aspx

• Registered Users Posts: 1,673 ✭✭✭kkelly77

kkelly77 wrote: »
    Hello all,

It is with great regret we have to rehome our 11 month old male Rottie, Grason.

Due to financial reasons we can no longer afford to keep Grason. Our reason for rehoming has absolutely nothing to do with Grason's behaviour or temperament. He is a fantastic pet and very clever. He loves people, especially the ladies ; )

We'd love to see him go to a home who have experience with either Rottweilers or larger breed dogs and also enough space and time to give him the best home. I would say he would be fine living with other dogs but because he is still a puppy in his mind, he sometimes does not realise when another dog doesn't want to play. He has been around small children when he was with the breeder I bought him from. As we don't have any kids my only concern now would be his size and the chance of him knocking over a child. He's currently about 35-40kgs.

We've had him from 8 weeks old. He's had all necessary shots and I have all his paperwork, including his generation bloodline. Grason's father is Rexx (Rottsdale Stop and Stare http://www.rottweiler-ireland.ie/Rottsdale/Rexx.html) so he's from a solid bloodline and a dedicated breeder.

If you would like any more information or photos etc., please PM me. Thanks.

K.

Grason has now been rehomed.

• Registered Users Posts: 29 aoife_kk

Hi all ,
    looking for a kitten to take care of as our beautiful cat passed two months ago.
    my husband is a vet and i am a nurse.
    i cannot collect atm, car is in the garage.
    but would appreciate anyone genuinely looking for a good owner.
    thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 10,658 ✭✭✭✭The Sweeper

Hey aoife

If your hubby's a vet he may get cats or kittens coming in through the practice that need a home? Otherwise just find a shelter near to you and see what they have in. There are always animals looking for a home, and cats in particular tend to get a raw deal - shouldn't be much trouble to find a couple of kittens - where are you in Ireland?

Also, yes, I said couple of kittens - with cats, two is always better than one. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,189 ✭✭✭boomerang

Beauty and Baby belong to an elderly lady in Limerick. They've been much loved and are sweet, gentle and affectionate pussy cats. Sadly their mum is seriously ill in hospital and won't be coming home. They've been on their own in the house since last May. The lady's sister Mary who is very elderly has been travelling to and from the house a few times a week to feed them and she is very worried about them. She lives 15 miles away so can't come every day. I met Beauty and Baby today with Mary, and it's clear they are really missing their mum. Mary is 85 and is anxious to find them a new home because she is finding it hard to cope.

Beauty and Baby are used to a quiet home without children or other pets. They're 5 and 4 years old, respectively. We urgently need to find them a new mum. If you think you can help, please contact Limerick Animal Welfare on 063 91110 or 087 6371044.

Babies.jpg

Beauty.jpg

Baby.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 637 ✭✭✭Wisco

Contact your local SPCA- they're always looking for good homes. I know the many SPCAs are so full at the moment that they have no capacity at to take on new animals, so they may even be able to deliver to you.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,042 ✭✭✭✭tk123

Where are you based OP?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 beaniebop91

hi all. I am looking to rehome a small dog. Doesnt matter what breed once its small, its for my recently retired grandmother who would love the company of a little dog. An older dog would suit best if possible as a pup would be too hyper for her, also pref house trained. Dublin only please due to her just selling her car last week so cant travel. thanks in advance :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 411 ✭✭JajaD

Sorry if i have not chosen the correct thread but I read something in the paper about a lot of horses being put into animal shelters and I would like to help by taking one. Could anyone tell me where i should go about rehoming a horse? I have all the required things ie Land, shelter and experience.

Any help would be brill :)
    :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,413 ✭✭✭Toulouse

JajaD wrote: »
    Sorry if i have not chosen the correct thread but I read something in the paper about a lot of horses being put into animal shelters and I would like to help by taking one. Could anyone tell me where i should go about rehoming a horse? I have all the required things ie Land, shelter and experience.

Any help would be brill :)
    :)

The Horse pound is in Urlingford Kilkenny and you can rehome from there. 056 31712 or 086 8560818

Or PM viggo on http://petsireland.invisionzone.com/ She helps out alot of horses.

Or if you post up your location I'm sure someone can recommend a local shelter that rehomes horses.

guess wrote: »
    Beautiful black kitten to be rehomed. Mother abandoned this kitten, she is a stray. Kitten is about 6-8 weeks. Small for her age, but we are feeding her up at the moment, she is eating 4-5 small meals a day. She is the sweetest little kitten, very friendly, purrs when you pet her. She is eating and drinking very well. Will make a fab pet cat, if someone gives her a chance. I cant keep her because we have a large dog that dislikes cats. P.M me for more details and photo. I am in the munster area.

Anyone at all interested in this little kitten, really needs a home soon, i have a large dog that dislikes cats and cant bring her in while we have kitten, anyone have any ideas if i cant find a home? I rang animal welfare, they have no room for her, full up with this years kittens..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 274 ✭✭FAYESY

guess wrote: »
    Anyone at all interested in this little kitten, really needs a home soon, i have a large dog that dislikes cats and cant bring her in while we have kitten, anyone have any ideas if i cant find a home? I rang animal welfare, they have no room for her, full up with this years kittens..

Where about are you? I may be able to take this kitten but can not travel far.

• Registered Users Posts: 43 dathai60

Mother came to us when her owner passed away,had 3 kittens about 8 weeks ago,one is gone but need to rehome all the rest, mother is easy to handle 2 kittens semi wild but coming around.Can have the mum neutered,but need rid of all as heading to US early next month.cats 009.jpg

cats 002.jpg

cats 008.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28 equinestudent

Hi,
    Not sure if I should put this in the agency thread so mods feel free to move it and sorry if I've got it wrong.

I'm fostering Buddy for the Roscommon SPCA. He's been in kennels there since before Christmas but has been with me for the past 2 weeks. He's an absolute dote and is very well behaved. He walks well on the lead and is quite sensible for his age (approx 1 year). He would be ideal for someone looking for a dog that is past the real "puppy" stage but still young and will easily adapt. He's very playful but has great manners and is very gentle for his size. His only fault is that he has a habit of jumping up to say hello which bothers some people. We love him to bits and would love to see him go to a good home. I'm happy to deliver him once arrangements have been made with the SPCA. He's vaccinated and neutered.

Pm me or contact Roscommon SPCA for more details.
    roscommonanimals.com

Hi,
    Buddy is still looking for a home. I've been fostering him for almost a month now and have got very attached to him. Unfortunately I'm moving to the UK next week and it is quite possible that Buddy will have to go back into kennels if a home isn't found for him. I'm in Kildare with him at the minute.

If you think you could offer Buddy a loving home please contact the Roscommon SPCA. Or if there is anyone that could help them out with fostering please get in touch. Here's a link to a few pictures of Buddy playing with my dogs. http://s819.photobucket.com/albums/zz112/elainemcg/Buddy/?albumview=slideshow

One of the pics: (Buddy is the big one on the right!)

P1010947.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 234 ✭✭Padjo1981

Male malamute 9mths old needs rehoming as ower is moving to the middle east. Pics can be given on request

Advertisement