Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

*REHOMING thread* (Once off requests only)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭Everett

Liamario wrote: »
    Hi Ladies and Gentlemen,

I'm looking for a pup (preferably), about the size of a terrier, but will consider something larger. It will be my partner's first pet (which is why there is a desire for a pup).
    I'm based in the midlands area. I have checked out local shelters, but nothing seems to be fitting the bill so far.
    Please PM me if you think you have something that fits the bill

What age pup?
    E

• Registered Users Posts: 2,094 ✭✭✭Liamario

Everett wrote: »
    What age pup?
    E

As young as possible Everett. A few (3-6) months old sounds about right

• Registered Users Posts: 1,102 ✭✭✭jimini0

liamario try the spca centres. they usually have some nice pups. the mayo spca website have some lovely black lab x puppies about 10 weeks old. the will grow to be bigger than a terrier though

• Registered Users Posts: 657 ✭✭✭portgirl123

jimini0 wrote: »
    liamario try the spca centres. they usually have some nice pups. the mayo spca website have some lovely black lab x puppies about 10 weeks old. the will grow to be bigger than a terrier though
    yeah have passed on this type of info to OP but he doesnt want to get from a rescue/pound

• Registered Users Posts: 234 ✭✭Cypresstree

Hi all,

We're hoping to rehome these little gems in the next week or two!!! Any takers??

:-)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,275 ✭✭✭RubyGirl

Ad Removed.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,094 ✭✭✭Liamario

yeah have passed on this type of info to OP but he doesnt want to get from a rescue/pound
    Maybe my PM wasn't clear. I do want to get from a rescue preferably. My concern with a pound, is that I don't what the history of the animal might be in terms of health or breed. In a perfect world, I'd love to get from a pound.

Just to be extra extra clear. A rescue dog is what I'm hunting at the moment. But I suspect getting a puppy might be a little hard. So maybe rehoming a pup might be my best bet (correct me if I'm wrong)

• Registered Users Posts: 146 ✭✭tesslab

Liamario wrote: »
    Maybe my PM wasn't clear. I do want to get from a rescue preferably. My concern with a pound, is that I don't what the history of the animal might be in terms of health or breed. In a perfect world, I'd love to get from a pound.

Just to be extra extra clear. A rescue dog is what I'm hunting at the moment. But I suspect getting a puppy might be a little hard. So maybe rehoming a pup might be my best bet (correct me if I'm wrong)

Due to the time of year pups will be landing in the pounds left right and centre within the next few weeks if you're willing to hold out. Happy hunting :D

• Registered Users Posts: 7 haze72

Hi all..I am in Galway and I have a gorgeous male tabby 8 month old kitten who really needs a new kind loving home! I need to re home him because we have no garden and I feel the poor little fella needs to get out and play! He is very loving, playful, cute and affectionate. He has been neutered and has all vaccinations. I'm very sad at having to re home him but can no longer bear seeing him sat looking out our apartment window! If anyone is interested in offering a kind loving home where he will also be able to play outside please contact me here.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,462 ✭✭✭Orla K

haze72 wrote: »
    Hi all..I am in Galway and I have a gorgeous male tabby 8 month old kitten who really needs a new kind loving home! I need to re home him because we have no garden and I feel the poor little fella needs to get out and play! He is very loving, playful, cute and affectionate. He has been neutered and has all vaccinations. I'm very sad at having to re home him but can no longer bear seeing him sat looking out our apartment window! If anyone is interested in offering a kind loving home where he will also be able to play outside please contact me here.

I don't think you should worry too much about this, I really don't think it should be a sole reason for rehoming the little guy. Just so you know one of the favourite things my cats like to do is sit by the window looking out at everything, sometimes they even sleep there, I think they get a nice bit of heat from the radeator there.

It's your choice really but I don't think you should worry about him looking out the window.

I can't take him because I've got one female kitten(very nervous) and a mammy cat to give away myself.

• Advertisement

Orla K wrote: »
    I don't think you should worry too much about this, I really don't think it should be a sole reason for rehoming the little guy. Just so you know one of the favourite things my cats like to do is sit by the window looking out at everything, sometimes they even sleep there, I think they get a nice bit of heat from the radeator there.

It's your choice really but I don't think you should worry about him looking out the window.

I can't take him because I've got one female kitten(very nervous) and a mammy cat to give away myself.

Thanks for the advice but i'm not just concerned about him dozing in front of window...he literally scrambles to try to climb out when he is is playful mood!! I really do think I made a mistake in keeping him here...a cat in a small apartment with no oportunity to go outside and explore is cruel...in my opinion. I know this little guy would love to play, run and hide in some grass and I'm not able to give him this.

If anyone CAN offer him a good home I'd be delighted to hear from you!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 81 ✭✭cucoigcrice

Hi all, I have rescued a rabbit in feburary last year from being PTS. She is a lion head and is a beautie. She is around 3yrs, female but neutered. Unfortunately my living arrangements have changed and i dont have a garden anymore, she loves being out in a run and i dont think it is fair to be stuck in a hutch all day every day. Any1 interested i live north of the border :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,943 ✭✭✭Cherry Blossom

Hi all, I have rescued a rabbit in feburary last year from being PTS. She is a lion head and is a beautie. She is around 3yrs, female but neutered. Unfortunately my living arrangements have changed and i dont have a garden anymore, she loves being out in a run and i dont think it is fair to be stuck in a hutch all day every day. Any1 interested i live north of the border :D

Just want to say that I had rabbits for years and they were never out in the garden, all very happy house rabbits that spent most of their 'out-time' stretched out on the bottom step of the stairs or on the door-mat :D They tend to use the same area as a toilet all the time and it's just a matter of watching where they go and put down a litter tray with newspaper or wood-shavings in it (and some dirty bedding helps!).

Also if you are near a Pets-at-home store, some of them run a small animal adoption centre in conjunction with the local animal rescues.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 81 ✭✭cucoigcrice

Just want to say that I had rabbits for years and they were never out in the garden, all very happy house rabbits that spent most of their 'out-time' stretched out on the bottom step of the stairs or on the door-mat :D They tend to use the same area as a toilet all the time and it's just a matter of watching where they go and put down a litter tray with newspaper or wood-shavings in it (and some dirty bedding helps!).

Also if you are near a Pets-at-home store, some of them run a small animal adoption centre in conjunction with the local animal rescues.

She hates being in the house, as I have tried to introduce it to her on many of occasions! As mentioned she loves being outside and runnnig about eating grass, digging etc. Rabbit's are outdoor animals and personaly i hate to see them coped in the house, just personal opinion.

Have a couple of pics of this adorable little guy-still looking for a loving home!

DSC00281.JPG

DSC00263.JPG

DSC00268.JPG

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,539 ✭✭✭davoxx

haze72 wrote: »
    Have a couple of pics of this adorable little guy-still looking for a loving home!

DSC00281.JPG

DSC00263.JPG

DSC00268.JPG

where abouts are you located?

davoxx wrote: »
    where abouts are you located?

I am in Galway city.

• Registered Users Posts: 313 ✭✭Rabbitandcavy

Still have three very friendly young rabbits needing a home. They were born during the Summer. I have two males and one female. Very tame and used to being handled. I can send pictures to anyone interested. Located in Clare.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,536 ✭✭✭hamsterboy

Hi All
    Our male guinea pig died today :(. Percy was 5 and a half and like family to us.
    Now though we are worried about our younger female Suzi, they were so close and we're worried she may become depressed and die, as can happen with these animals.
    Anyway, if anyone knows of a female or neutered male guinea in the Leinster area that would be a huge help.

Cheers

HB

• Registered Users Posts: 1,275 ✭✭✭RubyGirl

hamsterboy wrote: »
    Hi All
    Our male guinea pig died today :(. Percy was 5 and a half and like family to us.
    Now though we are worried about our younger female Suzi, they were so close and we're worried she may become depressed and die, as can happen with these animals.
    Anyway, if anyone knows of a female or neutered male guinea in the Leinster area that would be a huge help.

Cheers

HB

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056139962

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,536 ✭✭✭hamsterboy

• Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭Rooneysdaman

Very sweet girls, one is a year old - mostly white with black markings and one is approx 6 months and the opposite colouring, mostly black with white markings. If you or anyone you know is interested, please get in touch. Thanks.

PS (The girls come as a pair, they need to stay together)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 cazart

Hi we have 2 stray kittens we sheltered along with their mom over Xmas in Dublin 10 area. They would be about 3months old now. The black short haired is female + the fluffy black+white one is male. We already have two indoor cats of our own and can't keep them.

They have been living outdoors and would need a bit of patience and love at the start to get used to you. There were three but we found a home for one and he settled right in with his new family after a week or so and is kept as an indoor cat. Here's a link to a video of them.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WaUi0Rhe9ig.

If you can give them a good home get in touch.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,128 ✭✭✭cynder

picture.php?albumid=1382&pictureid=8421picture.php?albumid=1382&pictureid=7690

2 year old female cat (spayed) needs a good home.

Very good with young kids, she is also vacinated and house trained. She needs to be both indoors and outdoors. I dont want to give her away but my husband doesnt get on well with animals.picture.php?albumid=1382&pictureid=8419

• Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭Dmighty

Hi all. I am based in the rathmines area and i am looking for a kitten, pref female asap. If anyone has a kitten looking for a home please contact me. Dublin only as i have no car to travel unless you can deliver. Thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 47 Missgoggles

Hi All,

I am posting this for a friend. She has 2 cockerspaniels looking for a home either together or separately. The male is around 10 years and the female is 4.

Jarvis (male) is neutered but not chipped. He would be best suited with a family that would give him the attention he deserves. Has some experience with younger children but has growled in the past to her, so would best suit a family with older or no children.

Jessie (female) is neutered and chipped. She is great with children and other dogs. Loves attention and walks.

They both have their full papers and full vaccinations, regularly groomed and full documents of regular obedience training etc. They are both used to cats and good with them. They are both indoor dogs.

Should anyone be interested in these 2 little guys please PM me asap. It is with much regret that they are needing to be rehomed.

Jervis is the big man in the middle and Jessie is on the right.

photo.php?fbid=1011940056711&set=a.1011937536648.2002437.1171300120

• Registered Users Posts: 13 kittyo

Bobby is a young male (neutered) cat looking for a new home. He is all black and very handsome! This extremely affectionate little fella will make someone an excellent pet.

Reason for re-homing: - we believe that Bobby may have been dumped by his previous owners and has been temporarily lodging with us. Unfortunately our own cats are not impressed! We are based in Kildare but can travel to deliver this guy to a loving home.

PM me if you want further details on this charmer.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 deorade

They are soo cute, have a 3 yr old cocker and have just started to think about a pal for him! Jessie could be what I am looking for?
    Can I ask are they mostly indoor or outdoor dogs??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 deorade

They are soo cute, have a 3 yr old cocker and have just started to think about a pal for him! Jessie could be what I am looking for?
    Can I ask are they mostly indoor or outdoor dogs??

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 47 Missgoggles

Hi Deorade,

They are mostly indoor dogs, and would preferably want them going to a house that would allow them to be indoor dogs. Jessie could adapt to being outdoors at night, but as long as she would be allowed indoors for cuddles etc, Jarvis would have to be indoors. PM me your details if you are considering taking Jessie as she would be a lovely little playmate for any dog.

Advertisement