Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

*REHOMING thread* (Once off requests only)

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 Flemington

thanx for ur help.

• Registered Users Posts: 764 ✭✭✭floutingmaxims

Cawcheen wrote: »
    ekl4sx.jpg

Roxy: A white german shepherd.. female,has been neutered and is good with people.

103y9u0.jpg

Larry: A labrador/german shephard cross.. male,approx 8 months old, hasnt been neutered..great temperament, very friendly dog.

Can go for free to a good home. We can no longer keep them at home as they don't act well with the other farmyard animals.

Pm me if interested, thanks.

Still looking for a good home for these 2 mites. Really affectionate dogs,love to play. The white one is 2 years.. I forgot to mention in the first post..very quiet and very rarely barks.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,088 ✭✭✭NoDice

Charlie is 5 years old, very quiet and has been through a very hard time in the past. We rescued him last October and have fallen head over heels for him. We found out that poor Charlie has epilepsy, and though we have tried our hardest to be there for him and look after him, we can't do it anymore due to working full time.

He is an absolute sweetheart. He's great with other dogs (he lets our other dog, JRT cross, jump all over him! :) ), great on and off the leash. He's a quick learner and he's the most friendly yet timid dog I've ever met.

It breaks my heart to have to give him away but we both know he needs someone who will be at home all the time with him.

I am obviously willing to give away his bed, food and water bowls, toys, bones, food, medication and grooming tools too. We just want a perfect home for him.

Please let me know if you're interested or if you've any questions, feel free to pm me.

Here are some pics of our sweetheart.

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭almae

Nodice. Once Charlie was a rescue i think the agreement would have been if things don't work out you have to give dog back to the rescue regardless of reason.

Check it out.

almae wrote: »
    Nodice. Once Charlie was a rescue i think the agreement would have been if things don't work out you have to give dog back to the rescue regardless of reason.

Check it out.

I don't think he'd cope well up there though, he was stressed there before we took him and if he fits in the shelter and no ones around? :( I'm going to ring them today. Thanks almae

• Advertisement

Post it it on Irish animals shelter rescues on Facebook
    there is a girl also on Celtic animals on Facebook lookin for aGSD.
    Agree with what you say about kennel.
    Try last hope animal charity also.even if you can get a foster home for him.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭andreac

NoDice wrote: »
    I don't think he'd cope well up there though, he was stressed there before we took him and if he fits in the shelter and no ones around? :( I'm going to ring them today. Thanks almae

It doesnt matter. Most rescues have a policy where you must return the dog to them if you cannot take of it so make sure you ring them first.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭andreac

jmfox wrote: »
    I would like to look at Celtic Animals on facebook but when i put it into the search it doesnt come up. Please can anyone direct me.

http://www.facebook.com/?ref=home#!/CelticAnimalLifeLine?v=info

This Little lady is still looking for her forever home.
    Hi all

I am fostering this little beauty Sasha. she is 5 months old but very small for her age.
    she is a lovable kitten who purrs non stop.She loves giving cuddle and receiving then.
    She is great with kids and other cats not sure about dogs as mine are in my Mam while getting work done.

She is spayed.

Her history is she was hit by a car and lost her tail as a result.

she is adorable. )

2127961560102916097S425x425Q85.jpg

2238058570102916097S425x425Q85.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 113 ✭✭puppieperson

hi did you get a home for him yet he looks very nice where are you based ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,353 ✭✭✭Galway K9

Cawcheen wrote: »
    Still looking for a good home for these 2 mites. Really affectionate dogs,love to play. The white one is 2 years.. I forgot to mention in the first post..very quiet and very rarely barks.

The white ones a beaut i nearly would but better not. ha:(

• Registered Users Posts: 10 coolvibes

hi did you get a home for him yet he looks very nice where are you based ?

Thank you for your reply, we still have to find a good home for him.

Based in Dublin, Donaghmede. For right person I would bring him anywhere in Ireland.

Have a kennel, indoor bed. All the stuff for a dog.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,647 ✭✭✭thenightrider

IrishHomer wrote: »
    I have a rescued yellow belly Turtle looking for new home.

Pics on another thread click below to view:

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=70297803#post70297803

Have you found a home were are you bassed ?

• Registered Users Posts: 832 ✭✭✭Gregsor

Complete with hut and all accessories.
    He is not neutered,i took ownership a year ago and unfortunately my situation has changed and i would like him to find a new kind home.
    He has great temperment and is in general a happy bunny,loves outside and hops and jumps and kicks when he gets your attention.
    I have also brought him into the house on alot of occassions,he loves following your feet as you walk too :D and i have spent some time on litter training him which he is improving on.
    He loves a brush and his hair is quite long and needs regular attention.
    He is just over 2 years old.
    I am based near Newbridge.

Little stud!

bunnyandportia015medium.jpg

andreac wrote: »
    It doesnt matter. Most rescues have a policy where you must return the dog to them if you cannot take of it so make sure you ring them first.

Just thought it was worth mentioning that the shelter agree with me continuing my care for Charlie until they or I find him a better home.

As said before, if anyone is intereted or knows someone who can give Charlie a home please pm me and let me know.

• Registered Users Posts: 10 coolvibes

NoDice wrote: »
    Just thought it was worth mentioning that the shelter agree with me continuing my care for Charlie until they or I find him a better home.

As said before, if anyone is intereted or knows someone who can give Charlie a home please pm me and let me know.

I am in a simelar situation can you tell me what shelter he is in

coolvibes wrote: »
    I am in a simelar situation can you tell me what shelter he is in

I'm dealing with Dog Action Welfare Group based in Doneraile in Cork. http://www.dogactionwelfaregroup.ie/ Really great shelter and I have so much respect for all the volunteers up there. Charlie's ad is not up yet as I have to call one of the girls after work with my final decision but I think this is the road we will have to go down. Charlie needs a better home and unfortunately we are not aroudn 24/7 to care for him.

I am also keeping him in our home until we find a suitable family. He wouldn't do well in a shelter again.

• Registered Users Posts: 22 jccf2003

Hi everyone,

I'm sorry it's come to this, but we just aren't able to cope with our puppy, but I'm really hoping there is someone out there who could take him and love him and give him what we can't.

He needs to go to a home with adults who are experienced with dogs and who are prepared to spend a lot of time working with him. We have had a trainer/behaviourist in to see him and she said he is a fearful dog who needs a lot of rehabilitation to get used to strangers and dogs. He is our first dog and I'll admit we didn't realise what the problem was before she visited. He is fine around us, and loves spending time with us, but that's not the case with people he doesn't know. It takes him a while to warm up. We have been working on this for the last few weeks (counter conditioning) and he is getting better, but the work needs to be continued. The reason we need to give him up is mainly for our kids - we have a 1.5 year old and an 8 year old, and while he's always been very gentle with the younger guy, we don't trust him around our daughter (or maybe it's vice versa).

I realise that it's going to be difficult to rehome our puppy, but I don't want to put him somewhere where he would be in a worse situation or where he could end up in a shelter. If anyone has any suggestions, I'd really welcome them. We are in Kildare but would be willing to bring him anywhere in the country.

Regards & thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 657 ✭✭✭portgirl123

jccf2003 wrote: »
    Hi everyone,

I'm sorry it's come to this, but we just aren't able to cope with our puppy, but I'm really hoping there is someone out there who could take him and love him and give him what we can't.

He needs to go to a home with adults who are experienced with dogs and who are prepared to spend a lot of time working with him. We have had a trainer/behaviourist in to see him and she said he is a fearful dog who needs a lot of rehabilitation to get used to strangers and dogs. He is our first dog and I'll admit we didn't realise what the problem was before she visited. He is fine around us, and loves spending time with us, but that's not the case with people he doesn't know. It takes him a while to warm up. We have been working on this for the last few weeks (counter conditioning) and he is getting better, but the work needs to be continued. The reason we need to give him up is mainly for our kids - we have a 1.5 year old and an 8 year old, and while he's always been very gentle with the younger guy, we don't trust him around our daughter (or maybe it's vice versa).

I realise that it's going to be difficult to rehome our puppy, but I don't want to put him somewhere where he would be in a worse situation or where he could end up in a shelter. If anyone has any suggestions, I'd really welcome them. We are in Kildare but would be willing to bring him anywhere in the country.

Regards & thanks
    In what way are you having trouble with him?

• Registered Users Posts: 22 jccf2003

Ok: He sometimes growls at us if we're trying to take something from him (like socks; food is less of a problem strangely enough). When he's in a feisty mood he jumps up repeatedly, and has snapped at my daughters face and at mine too. He has also actually nipped at a stranger (who insisted he was good with dogs and tried to pet him even though he was growling and cowering at the time (this was before the visit from the trainer - we didn't know any better at the time)).

There are times where he's really calm and placid, but that seems to be during the day when it's my husband or me around. When the kids are there all he wants to do is be boisterous, and we end up not being able to put the 1 year old down on the ground for more than a couple of minutes at a time. Not because our pup is being aggressive towards him, but because he's all over him. I end up trying to split my time between him and the kids because its hard to have them all in the same room for long.

So, we're having trouble giving him the time he needs to overcome his fears. For example, one of the things we need to do is to have him "meet" (from a distance) a large number of people every day and reinforce that seeing strangers is a good thing. We're managing to do that. At the moment, he's ok with people up to about 10 feet or so, and then he gets scared. If he's in a busy area, he just freezes, so we try to avoid that.

Another thing we need to do is have lots of people come to the house to get him used to people in the house - and this is extra important when you think of all the kids who'll be in and out of here over the years. This is one thing we're having a big problem with, because we don't have regular visitors, and we don't have good friends locally who could drop by to help us out. When strangers come into the room he growls and circles and growls and barks... so this is something that really needs work.

We tried "time outs" for things like jumping at the counters, but it backfired on us. He hated it and became scared of (and aggressive to) the harness. He doesn't take well to anything negative.

He also HATES the car, so we need to work on having him be less scared of that too.

So, I think that's more or less it

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3 migraineboy

6 Years old neutered male Springer Spaniel - Lively and fun dog who requires plenty of exercise. An excellent guard dog and family pet

Looking to re-home for genuine reasons - not currently getting the attention he requires due to work commitments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 sponge2810

Hi, What breed is it?Maybe you should meet with other dog owners that have trained dog and your puppy will learn the ropes from another dog....DTI in blanch have training sessions with groups and it really helped our staffie.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 sponge2810

Ok: He sometimes growls at us if we're trying to take something from him (like socks; food is less of a problem strangely enough). When he's in a feisty mood he jumps up repeatedly, and has snapped at my daughters face and at mine too. He has also actually nipped at a stranger (who insisted he was good with dogs and tried to pet him even though he was growling and cowering at the time (this was before the visit from the trainer - we didn't know any better at the time)).

There are times where he's really calm and placid, but that seems to be during the day when it's my husband or me around. When the kids are there all he wants to do is be boisterous, and we end up not being able to put the 1 year old down on the ground for more than a couple of minutes at a time. Not because our pup is being aggressive towards him, but because he's all over him. I end up trying to split my time between him and the kids because its hard to have them all in the same room for long.

So, we're having trouble giving him the time he needs to overcome his fears. For example, one of the things we need to do is to have him "meet" (from a distance) a large number of people every day and reinforce that seeing strangers is a good thing. We're managing to do that. At the moment, he's ok with people up to about 10 feet or so, and then he gets scared. If he's in a busy area, he just freezes, so we try to avoid that.

Another thing we need to do is have lots of people come to the house to get him used to people in the house - and this is extra important when you think of all the kids who'll be in and out of here over the years. This is one thing we're having a big problem with, because we don't have regular visitors, and we don't have good friends locally who could drop by to help us out. When strangers come into the room he growls and circles and growls and barks... so this is something that really needs work.

We tried "time outs" for things like jumping at the counters, but it backfired on us. He hated it and became scared of (and aggressive to) the harness. He doesn't take well to anything negative.

He also HATES the car, so we need to work on having him be less scared of that too.

Hi what is the breed?You should try group training sessions in DTI - they really helped our staffie listen to basic commands and be more attentive. Or you could try meet up with an owner of a trained dog and your pup might follow the trained dogs habits.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,130 ✭✭✭Azureus

This Little lady is still looking for her forever home.

Is she still looking for a home? I'm used to dogs more than cats, but been thinking of getting one for awhile now that my house is petless, I take it theres no complications with the tail? I'd definately be interested if somebody hasnt snapped the cutie up already...

• Registered Users Posts: 472 ✭✭janmaree

Hi everyone. I would probably be called one of those "cat ladies" who has been adopted by a feral colony; they are all pets now with their own names, recently neutered and under control at this point. However, last summer one of my girls was badly injured by a badger (I suspect) and the vets tried but couldn't save her leg. When I got her home, I set her up in our front porch (apologies again to my family!) and she made a great recovery but someone left the door open one night, she got out and had one last fling, hence my post here. She had 4 kittens, one has gone to a new home, my brother is going to take another plus "Mum" and I thought the remaining two were going to a lady in the north. Just last night I heard that she has taken in a stray and can't now take my two.

So, here I am, just this once, hoping that some of you might be interested in offering a loving home or homes to my little ones. I'm useless when it comes to posting photos the way the rest of you can but I can describe them to you for now if that's OK? They are jet black, smooth haired and house-trained in that they use the litter box in the front porch. They're both spayed females but they haven't had their vaccinations or been "wormed" yet. They're very sweet, almost five months old and purr like mad things. As they have been spayed, they could join the community outside but their Mum is a special pet with a docile, gentle nature and for her sake, I REALLY wanted them to have a chance at a proper home. They would make ideal indoor pets as they're not used to being outside but that's not to say they couldn't adjust given enough time to familiarise themselves with their new surroundings.

If anyone is interested, or knows of anyone who may be looking for kittens, could you please let me know? I don't want to keep them imprisoned any longer; they deserve a chance to do all the crazy things that kittens love to get up to and more than that, they deserve a normal life with loving people who can appreciate the unconditional love that would be returned a thousand-fold. I hear that the one kitten who has gone to his new home already has settled in very well and is busy taking over as only cats know how!

I will try to beg a favour about some photos but in the meantime, if you can, picture a pair of very small and sleek black panthers who are really glad to see you, and not just as lunch!!! I'm based in Dublin but I would be happy to drive them anywhere. Here's hoping, and thanks so much for this opportunity.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 pameladonohoe

Hey I have one six month old male neutured n stuff. My heart still aches cos my darling black cat was killed last Aug I would kill for another female. Hubby would hit the wall as I have one persian he and the other ginger is always out. I am in Dublin and I would just love to take one of them. I really wish I could take two...I such a cat lover I do be down to me last penny but they would be fed b4 me. I have a real cat house.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,096 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

pix! They sound lovely.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,772 ✭✭✭✭Whispered

Hey JCCF, if you start a thread with this post, people might be able to give you some tips, making the rest of his time with you easier?

• Registered Users Posts: 171 ✭✭JKM

We're looking to rehome this 12 week old (at a guess) black and white female kitten. We have 6 of our own which is more than enough for anyone....!

We found her in a nearby town, dirty and hungry and hanging around a petrol station. We have been unable to find any owner so far (although if she had an owner it doesn't look like she was well looked after...)

She is really friendly and affectionate, and doesn't get spooked by anything! Would make a great pet and would be good around kids etc. She could probably integrate with other cats easily enough (she isn't too bad with ours).

We're taking her to the vet tomorrow for an initial check up. We're only looking for dedicated, responsible owners here who are willing to vaccinate, worm etc. and most importantly spay.

We're living in South Tipp but may be willing to travel a bit for the right owner...

_MG_4533.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 159 ✭✭DAWNRISER

As some of you know, I'm a sucker for cats and have homed kittens and cats before here on boards.
    I have a situation that leaves me filled with dread. A neighbour has just knocked on my door and said that one of the cats who live in my garden has just crawled through her window. This cat is one of a colony who I have looked after for some time now.
    So heres the issue. If I dont have these cats removed, they will be removed by any means that this neighbour deems possible and "disposed off".
    I feel sick at the thought of this, as we had a similar situation a few years were some of the cats were poisoned, I had amazing help from everyone here on boards, so here I am with my begging face on again.
    This is what they need. A shed or outhouse to sleep in. A cardboard box and an old blanket or some stray will be fine for sleeping and to be fed daily.
    This is an URGENT call for help. We have gotten the numbers down considerably and most are neutered.
    We also have several cats who would make great pets,they are wonderfully friendly and would love a forever home, including 4 beautiful kittens.

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE HELP !!!

Advertisement