Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

*REHOMING thread* (Once off requests only)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,531 ✭✭✭Tranceypoo

TillyGirl wrote: »
    I can put them up in Loughrea if you dont have time to call over. Just email me a poster if you like :D

I will be over that way this morning for sure, any other suggestions where to put up a poster? Murphys vets in Barack St?

• Registered Users Posts: 483 ✭✭little bess

2 cute baby rabbits needing homes , black, about 10 weeks old I think :)

• Registered Users Posts: 225 ✭✭moonandstars

Tranceypoo wrote: »
    I will be over that way this morning for sure, any other suggestions where to put up a poster? Murphys vets in Barack St?

I am from Loughrea. Super Value would be a good spot and Graces :)

Thanks for that Moonandstars, the only thing that sort of made me a bit unsure about putting up posters in the supermarket would be maybe people would be a bit more 'serious' about having a cat if they're going to vets with a pet, if you see a poster up in the supermarket, then anyone could just think 'ah cute kitten' and get it on a whim, does that make any sense??! I really want him to have a good loving home and be kept indoors.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,194 ✭✭✭magentas

^^tranceypoo, I know EGAR sometimes has cats, maybe you could ask her to stick him up on her facebook page or something?
    It'd be good exposure, she might get a small donation and you can be sure he'll go to a good home if it's a fan of the rescue!

Just a thought. Vets are probably the best place. Supermarket isn't bad if you're willing to vet prospective owners?

Good luck anyway, he's gorgeous and I hope he finds his home soon:)

• Advertisement

Thanks for that Moonandstars, the only thing that sort of made me a bit unsure about putting up posters in the supermarket would be maybe people would be a bit more 'serious' about having a cat if they're going to vets with a pet, if you see a poster up in the supermarket, then anyone could just think 'ah cute kitten' and get it on a whim, does that make any sense??! I really want him to have a good loving home and be kept indoors.

I do know what you mean. Meet the prospective buyers and you will have a fair idea...an elderly person that would love the company or a couple as opposed to a family of screaming kids may be the best option then! :D

My boyfriend and myself want to get a cat for indoors too...my niece said she has a new litter so may be getting him from her, if not we may be interested.

Wll keep ye posted

I do know what you mean. Meet the prospective buyers and you will have a fair idea...an elderly person that would love the company or a couple as opposed to a family of screaming kids may be the best option then! :D

My boyfriend and myself want to get a cat for indoors too...my niece said she has a new litter so may be getting him from her, if not we may be interested.

Will keep ye posted

I am meeting some prospective owners later today, I have said that he will need to be an indoor cat and need his vaccinations and they've said that's no problem. Will keep you posted.

I am meeting some prospective owners later today, I have said that he will need to be an indoor cat and need his vaccinations and they've said that's no problem. Will keep you posted.

Prospective new owners didn't work out, they wanted a really tiny kitten apparently (a new born perhaps??!!), so my lad is still available if there are any loving homes out there

• Registered Users Posts: 746 ✭✭✭ladypip

This Gorgeous little girl is available free to a good home, She is 8 weeks old one of a litter of 5. She is healthy , weaned to solids, wormed and litter trained. She really is a beauty very quiet and placid.

She will need to be collected in Donaghmede, Dublin.

Its a pain to let her go but we have three cats already and I cant keep another of the litter as the house will be over run with them.

We have her mother and she is a wonderful cat with a great personality.

http://i192.photobucket.com/albums/z40/ladypip1983/kittens/Emmaspics528.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 159 ✭✭DAWNRISER

Due to an unfortunate situation were we have found ourselves with 12 yes 12 !!!! kittens in our garden, we will be looking fro homes for them in about 8 weeks, there are 2 ginger, 2 black, a grey, a black and white and a few other colours that I haven't gotten close enough to ascertain what they are.
    The 4 mom's have now been booked in for neutering as soon as they can be, but we will need homes for these little ones, in Mullingar but will be willing to travel when they are ready. So please keep us in mind if lookinf for a kitten or 2 for a forever home.

• Registered Users Posts: 134 ✭✭jmauel

Prospective new owners didn't work out, they wanted a really tiny kitten apparently (a new born perhaps??!!), so my lad is still available if there are any loving homes out there

Where abouts are you in galway?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 nellersk

DAWNRISER wrote: »
    Due to an unfortunate situation were we have found ourselves with 12 yes 12 !!!! kittens in our garden, we will be looking fro homes for them in about 8 weeks, there are 2 ginger, 2 black, a grey, a black and white and a few other colours that I haven't gotten close enough to ascertain what they are.
    The 4 mom's have now been booked in for neutering as soon as they can be, but we will need homes for these little ones, in Mullingar but will be willing to travel when they are ready. So please keep us in mind if lookinf for a kitten or 2 for a forever home.

Hi,
    Twelve my god!
    I am looking for two female kittens, would you be able to post some pics when you can get near them? Are the mothers handled much, had a slightly wild cat before had very little handling as a small kitten and I wouldnt get one again.

Thanks

jmauel wrote: »
    Where abouts are you in galway?

Near Athenry but have car, can travel!!

• Registered Users Posts: 159 ✭✭DAWNRISER

Hi nellersk

I am handling the kittens every day and the mom's allow me to rub them too.
    So by the time they are ready to be homed, they will be wormed, flead and litter trained too.
    Will post pics later, moms are feeding them all at the moment. Funny how they have all gotten into same routine.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,302 ✭✭✭**Vai**

Just an update to say Coda has been rehomed to a great, loving home in the countryside.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=71717539&postcount=894

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 nellersk

Hi nellersk

I am handling the kittens every day and the mom's allow me to rub them too.
    So by the time they are ready to be homed, they will be wormed, flead and litter trained too.
    Will post pics later, moms are feeding them all at the moment. Funny how they have all gotten into same routine.

Thats great dawnriser, keep me informed, looking forward to seeing some pics. You'd be surprised how difficult it is to find a kitten, not that you have that problem :)

I am interested in 1 or 2 kittens..a ginger, maybe a tiger too.

Could u send pics of them all when u get a chance. I am in Galway.

I am interested in 1 or 2 kittens..a ginger, maybe a tiger too.

Could u send pics of them all when u get a chance. I am in Galway.

Sorry to stick my nose in but I do have a 6 month kitten looking for a good loving home (preferably indoors most of the time), he is neutered and vaccinated since last week, I'm in Galway, he's black & white.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 384 ✭✭suziwalsh

4 kittens looking for homes only 2 weeks old at the moment but just looking for homes in advance do not know sexes but there are two grey tabby and two tabby and white. PM if interested and photos can be sent etc.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 384 ✭✭suziwalsh

Kittens.jpg

Apart from the kittens above looking for homes above a photographer friend of mine has found two 6-7 week old kittens abandoned. They have been vet checked and are in great health. If anyone is interested please pm me, any kittens homed will need to go with a neutering agreement. Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 2,081 ✭✭✭irelandspurs

Wife's sister has 4 kittens to re home,2 black and white female and 2 males pure black.Kildare area pm for more info.

• Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭barbs84

i love cats, i have 4 or i should say had 4, 2 have had kittens, so i now have 14, the 1st litter of kittens are just turning a month old, the second litter are 3 weeks old, they are all so cute and gorgeous, thankfully i have the space for them, they are all out door cats but so friendly and love being rubbed, im so attached to them i couldnt bear to part with them, i have a great area set up for them, their house area, feeding section and play section, i would take every cat that needs a loving home but i think my mom would not be impressed with more, so hopefully you all manage to find nice homes for your cats/kittens,

• Registered Users Posts: 657 ✭✭✭portgirl123

barbs84 wrote: »
    i love cats, i have 4 or i should say had 4, 2 have had kittens, so i now have 14, the 1st litter of kittens are just turning a month old, the second litter are 3 weeks old, they are all so cute and gorgeous, thankfully i have the space for them, they are all out door cats but so friendly and love being rubbed, im so attached to them i couldnt bear to part with them, i have a great area set up for them, their house area, feeding section and play section, i would take every cat that needs a loving home but i think my mom would not be impressed with more, so hopefully you all manage to find nice homes for your cats/kittens,
    thats great to hear you love your cats so much. just a thought though, i hope you intend to get them spay/nuetered. As you have already seen 4 has turned into 14. Whats 14 going to turn into? you say your ma wont be impressed with more, but thats what she will end up with pretty soon if you dont get them to vet soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,412 ✭✭✭toadfly

Hi all,

my lovely little foster dog is looking for her forever home, she is a 2 year old female JRT, smooth coat, very very little shedding. She is very loving, loves her walks and other dogs. Absolutely loves my three dogs. She has been reared with children and is perfect with cats but not small animals ie hamsters rabbits.

If you are interested please PM me..homecheck and donation will apply. She is in County Galway but we can organise homechecks country wide.

183146_10150141491426282_575646281_8526147_8021048_n.jpg

180611_10150141488576282_575646281_8526112_7106889_n.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,275 ✭✭✭RubyGirl

Male tabby 10-12 week old kitten looking for a new home. He's in http://www.briarhillvets.ie/ if anyone is interested in adopting him.

• Registered Users Posts: 152 ✭✭crally

hi Have forwarded info on her to a friend, she is as cute...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,412 ✭✭✭toadfly

Thanks Crally, I can meet you if your friend is interested.

• Registered Users Posts: 370 ✭✭Janine87

It is nice to see a lot of cat lovers here! :)
    I have 2 cats myself. One is male ( nearly 2 years old and neutered) and one is female which used to be a wild kitten and we took it on board. :) She is a little cutie pie and is now nearly 1 year old.
    3 weeks ago she had kittens. Young mother I know. Anyways, 4 lovely kittens. They are all so cute and I dont want to give them away but the thing is that I have to go to America mid July for like a month or 2 and they are only 8 weeks old then. I dont want a "stranger" minding them when they are that small and only begin to get to know the world. They could have a lovely home but then I feel sorry again for the mother... What to do? HELP! :(

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 261 ✭✭SophieSakura

I have to rehome three adult rabbits, because I'm moving and only able to keep two of my rabbits. :( I did breed rabbits, but am just keeping two bonded females now, because I won't have any space for more rabbits.
    I didn't want to give them away on Donedeal or anything, just want to find great homes for them because I'm very attached to them.
    They're all young and healthy, but aren't neutered and don't live together, but could be neutered and bonded. I'd prefer for them to go to pet homes, unless it was a really good breeder with a good set up, where they'd get lots of space and be well cared for. They're used to being able to see other rabbits and interact with them, so would be great if they had company, or at least a lot of human attention.
    They're used to having large runs (7'X4') outside, so they'd have to go somewhere where they get lots of space, not just a hutch, or they could be kept indoors. All of them are littertrained.

There's one male, Leon. He's about 2 years old now, all black single maned Lionhead, very small, about 3.25lbs. He's very sweet, just doesn't really like to be picked up (like most rabbits!) but is not aggressive at all, and doesn't bite or anything, just wriggles. He's well used to people though, and will hop over to you for attention. He's currently living with his son, who's four months, so someone could take both if they like, but there's a good chance they'd have to be neutered when the baby is older so that they don't fight. They're good friends right now though :)
    6.jpg

Evie is a female, sooty fawn and white single maned Lionhead, and is about 2 aswell. She's really sweet and friendly, and doesn't mind being picked up at all. She has quite a lot of hair usually, but doesn't really need grooming. She's about 5lbs, small-medium size.
    evie.jpg

Lily is white and brownish/grey (broken sable chinchilla :D) and is a double maned Lionhead, so quite fluffy, but doesn't need grooming. She's about a year old, and is really really sweet and friendly, doesn't mind being picked up at all, and likes attention. She's a great pet. She's about 4lbs, so small to medium sized.
    118.jpg

Advertisement