Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

*REHOMING thread* (Once off requests only)

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,429 ✭✭✭✭star-pants

Holly I put your thread in our rehoming thread here, as that other thread was 6 years old.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 applehead1993

heey i found a little wire haired fox terrier today! I need to find him a home asap cz my dog will tear him to shreds ! He's absolutely lovely and i'm almost sure he's house trained . i'm not sure what age he is...maybe 1 years old but im not sure!

if you would like him (free) contact me through facebook www.facebook.com/anna.applehead

305145_2544734703818_1417268944_32885196_1411285067_n.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 657 ✭✭✭portgirl123

heey i found a little wire haired fox terrier today! I need to find him a home asap cz my dog will tear him to shreds ! He's absolutely lovely and i'm almost sure he's house trained . i'm not sure what age he is...maybe 1 years old but im not sure!

if you would like him (free) contact me through facebook www.facebook.com/anna.applehead

305145_2544734703818_1417268944_32885196_1411285067_n.jpg
    im sorry but you cant just look for a home for a dog that you have just found. first you may bring to vet to see if its chip, then you have to leave your details with your local guards station and pound. in fact i think the dog has to do its 5 days in the pound in case owners are looking. think there is ways around the pound though. seens asyou all found him you certainly not give him a way as there is prob ppl looking for him.

• Registered Users Posts: 130 ✭✭Damer

think you're being a bit harsh!
    at least applehead1993 cared enough to take the dog in but you are right about making an attempt to find the dogs owners re chip etc, maybe put it on local radio? but sadly the little fellow might have been dumped by someone who tired of him and couldn’t care less. :( but maybe not!

• Registered Users Posts: 14 faye2363

Under the Control of dogs act 1942 you have to report the found dog but you ARE UNDER NO OBLIGAION to give him to your local pound, where he might end been put to sleep after 5 days.
    please bring him to a vet and see if he is miccrochipped. any reputatable vet will not charge you for this. You can leave your details with local vet in case someone is looking for him.
    In every county in ireland there are private rescues who will find a home for the little fellow if you cannot hold on to him but please please do a bit of research on the rescue you are giving him...there are some real scammers out there.

thank you for taking the time to rescue this dog......most people would have kept walking. Great Work..... and you should be so Proud of yourself

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 657 ✭✭✭portgirl123

Damer wrote: »
    think you're being a bit harsh!
    at least applehead1993 cared enough to take the dog in but you are right about making an attempt to find the dogs owners re chip etc, maybe put it on local radio? but sadly the little fellow might have been dumped by someone who tired of him and couldn’t care less. :( but maybe not!
    how am i been harsh? i just said that she can not just go and find a home for a dog that she just picked of the street. maybe the dog has one of these "caring" owners who think its ok to let a dog out on the street, maybe it got out through a open door, maybe got a fright with a fire work. could have been stolen,there could be a owner looking for it. maybe it was dumped. but the best case is to do it through the proper route. if applehead1993 does home the dog without informing pound etc, the original owner has 1 yr and 1 day to claim back there dog.

Keep this on topic please - it is for rehoming.
    Also please note you cannot recommend rescues on thread, PM if you wish.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 holly999

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 samlacy

I recently found a shelty dog around my local neighbour hood with no tags. I don't know much about animals but have been reading the forums to gain knowledge about them. However, due to my budget I can no longer keep the puppy and am looking for someone caring to look after it. I live in York Region, Ontario so if anyone has any interest in adopting this dog please PM me

Sam

• Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭andreac

samlacy wrote: »
    I recently found a shelty dog around my local neighbour hood with no tags. I don't know much about animals but have been reading the forums to gain knowledge about them. However, due to my budget I can no longer keep the puppy and am looking for someone caring to look after it. I live in York Region, Ontario so if anyone has any interest in adopting this dog please PM me

Sam

Eh, this is an Irish Site and you are in Canada so dont think we can help, sorry....:confused:

• Advertisement

I have tried to find the dogs owner. I called everyone from around the area and no one knows who owns him and they said they had seen him roaming around for the past few days. I was just keeping him here until i found his owner but i haven't so i'm trying to find him somewhere else instead of a pound .

thanks everyone for the advice . i think i'll be taking to the vet tomorrow .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,378 ✭✭✭ISDW

I have tried to find the dogs owner. I called everyone from around the area and no one knows who owns him and they said they had seen him roaming around for the past few days. I was just keeping him here until i found his owner but i haven't so i'm trying to find him somewhere else instead of a pound .

thanks everyone for the advice . i think i'll be taking to the vet tomorrow .

As has been pointed out in this thread, there are laws that you have to adhere to regarding stray dogs. He could have been stolen miles from where you live and escaped or been dumped. Just calling everyone from around the area isn't enough. Did you inform the local dog warden and gards?

Why are you taking him to the vet?

ISDW wrote: »
    As has been pointed out in this thread, there are laws that you have to adhere to regarding stray dogs. He could have been stolen miles from where you live and escaped or been dumped. Just calling everyone from around the area isn't enough. Did you inform the local dog warden and gards?

Why are you taking him to the vet?

Yes, I know there are laws. I'm just doing my best for the dog and it's really hard because no one at my home is co operating with me..i just dont want him to be homeless.. I was told to take him to the vet to make sure he's not diseased and to see if he's micro chipped.

what does the dog warden do?
    thanks!

andreac wrote: »
    Eh, this is an Irish Site and you are in Canada so dont think we can help, sorry....:confused:

To be fair, there are many overseas viewers, take The Sweeper for example, she posts great posts from Australia and can provide helpful information for that country as well as Ireland. I know there are moderators as well as posters that are based in the US / Canada so there's never any harm in someone trying.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,378 ✭✭✭ISDW

Yes, I know there are laws. I'm just doing my best for the dog and it's really hard because no one at my home is co operating with me..i just dont want him to be homeless.. I was told to take him to the vet to make sure he's not diseased and to see if he's micro chipped.

what does the dog warden do?
    thanks!

I'm sorry, but I am confused, if you know there are laws, then why are you not sticking to them, you have to report the found dog to the dog warden. If someone has lost their dog, they will inform the dog warden and the gardai, that is where they will look, so if any found dogs aren't reported to them, the family that are missing the dog can't be reunited with their dog.

I guess from your last post and from your user name that you are around 18? If so, I can see that you are having difficulty, and you are doing your best, but its not fair if a family is missing their dog that you aren't reporting it to the proper places. Its great that you want to help this dog, but you have to do it the right way. If my dog was missing, I would go out of my mind with worry, and I would have reported it to the gards and the dogs wardens all over the country, as dogs are often stolen and them dumped in other parts of the country.

Can you please take him to the vets asap to check for the chip.

• Registered Users Posts: 243 ✭✭shivkk06

I a desperately trying to re home a 3 yr old husky collie cross. I was due to move house last week n got let down at last min I ve tried everything possible since with no luck n I have to go this fri n cant bring him. Hes a quiet dog with lots of energy so would need good bit of room to run around or regular exercise. Hes a lovely temperment esp with kids. Pm if u can help. He is in Laois.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 30 Blissy

I have 2 neutered and vaccinated kittens, both male and 5 months old that I need to rehome. One black and white, one completely black. Litter trained. One is shy so they need to be rehomed together. In cork but willing to travel.

• Registered Users Posts: 20 Abiel

Hey there Boarders,

This is quite sad for me to write but unfortunately, I need to move and it's impossible to find a place that will let me take my cute little ferret with me :(

She's about 17 months old, neutered and all that malarky and I'm looking for a good home for her to go to before I have to leave in late November.

Her, Her cages, her toys and all her stuff are free to anyone that has enough space so she can have a fun time and enough love to give her.

30120410150343562258810.jpg

That's her having a quick dip! :)

If you're interested in being her new family, drop me a message and let me know or post any questions you have.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,318 ✭✭✭Vel

DOLLY.jpg
    Dolly is a 2 year old black and white, spaniel/jrt x. She is a small dog who is extremely loving and would make a great family pet. She gets on with other dogs, is fully housetrained and has great recall. Dolly is brilliant with children of all ages. She cannot be rehomed with cats. Dolly is fully vaccinated and will be spayed before going to her new home. Contact Djinn at djinnvnATgooglemail.com or 0862551200

• Registered Users Posts: 1,010 ✭✭✭marley123

Why is she being rehomed? she is fab.
    Vel wrote: »
    DOLLY.jpg
    Dolly is a 2 year old black and white, spaniel/jrt x. She is a small dog who is extremely loving and would make a great family pet. She gets on with other dogs, is fully housetrained and has great recall. Dolly is brilliant with children of all ages. She cannot be rehomed with cats. Dolly is fully vaccinated and will be spayed before going to her new home. Contact Djinn at djinnvnATgooglemail.com or 0862551200

• Advertisement

My friend took her in from friends of hers who no longer wanted her. They own the mother, the jrt and her father is a spaniel from down the road :rolleyes: They kept Dolly out of the litter but her mother has always bullied her as she is quite submissive. The family decided they didn't want her anymore and were talking about bringing her to the pound which is when my friend stepped in. I'm a sighthound girl but I would turn for this little one!! She is fabulous, such a lovely steady little dog

• Registered Users Posts: 272 ✭✭darrcow

marley123 wrote: »
    Why is she being rehomed? she is fab.
    Hi is dolly still looking for a new home

• Registered Users Posts: 5,528 ✭✭✭ShaShaBear

http://a4.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc7/317590_10150337139007998_590947997_8110641_1478544700_n.jpg

I found this little guy at the side of the road in Dundalk, Louth. He's staying with college friends of mine at the minute but the landlord has refused to let them keep him and he needs to be gone by tomorrow evening. We've searched high and low all weekend for an owner with no luck and now it's time to try and get him a new home. I have a dog, so I can't take him. He's incredibly friendly and affectionate, playful, clean and goes to the toilet outside.

• Registered Users Posts: 313 ✭✭Rabbitandcavy

Hi guys,
    If anyone knows of or has puppies looking for homes in the Clare area, please let me know, thanks :)

• Registered Users Posts: 21 moses13

Abiel wrote: »
    Hey there Boarders,

This is quite sad for me to write but unfortunately, I need to move and it's impossible to find a place that will let me take my cute little ferret with me :(

She's about 17 months old, neutered and all that malarky and I'm looking for a good home for her to go to before I have to leave in late November.

Her, Her cages, her toys and all her stuff are free to anyone that has enough space so she can have a fun time and enough love to give her.

30120410150343562258810.jpg

That's her having a quick dip! :)

If you're interested in being her new family, drop me a message and let me know or post any questions you have.

I sent you a pm please will you reply and let me know if you have rehomed her. Many thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 20 Abiel

Hey moses13

Didn't see any PM from you in my inbox :/

darrcow wrote: »
    Hi is dolly still looking for a new home

Please contact the details on my originla post.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,685 ✭✭✭flutered

Abiel wrote: »
    Hey there Boarders,

Her, Her cages, her toys and all her stuff are free to anyone that has enough space so she can have a fun time and enough love to give her

what size is her cage

• Closed Accounts Posts: 59 ✭✭Judge2112

Hello,

I have 4 kittens who are now in need of a home. Nearing 12 weeks now. They have had their 1st set of vaccinations and will receive their 2nd set shortly.

3 Males (Black/BlackWhite/RedWhite) and 1 Female (Red tabby) are in perfect health, litter trained and ready to become someones family pet.

PM if interested. Location is Navan/Kells, but am willing to travel in greater area if needed.

Much appreciated!

imag0086p.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,273 ✭✭✭UsedToWait

EDIT: THIS POST IS ON HOLD - BEN MAY HAVE A REPRIEVE - HIS OWNER IS HAVING SECOND THOUGHTS, BUT HAS TO GET IT PAST HER FAMILY :)

Really good natured and great with kids, Ben is 1 year old and is vaccinated up to date and neutered.
    He's a pedigree Labrador who is very easy to train and eager and willing to please (although a little treat helps with this :) )

Sadly, his elderly owner (my neighbour) has decided she is no longer able to care for him, having fallen 3 times while walking him.. he is trained to walk on a lead, but at his age, he's excitable, and can pull if he gets a sniff of something interesting (I tried him with a head collar, and he walks perfectly with it, so no worries for an owner who is steady on their feet- that's really the nub of why his owner can't keep him).

We are looking for a family who will give him a safe and loving environment, and you must be agreeable to me coming to your house to ensure that he will be happy there - he sleeps inside, and you should have an enclosed garden for him to play in.

Ben gets on great with other dogs as well as people - here's a few pictures from yesterday (the other dog is mine, and is staying put :) (she's going to miss her pal though :( )

ben1.jpg

ben2.jpg

ben3.jpg

benmolly2.jpg

benmolly.jpg

Advertisement