Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

*REHOMING thread* (Once off requests only)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,167 ✭✭✭TopTec

Brilliant picture though Kylith...

TT

• Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭andreac

rayhip wrote: »
    5 and a half year old male pedigree doberman. IKC registered, vaccines up to date. Has been our family pet since he was a pup, very friendly and just loves plenty of attention and walks. Is house trained and follows standard commands - sit, stay, lie down, give paw etc.

30 inches tall to shoulder so slightly above average for a doberman.

Did you contact the breeder? Any reputable breeder will take any of their pups that they bred back, no matter how far down the line.

• Registered Users Posts: 533 ✭✭✭chuck eastwood

Hi guys and gals. I have a trusted pet rabbit called Elvis. She is a six year old Grey lion headed dwarf rabbit and is solely a house pet who roams the kitchen most of the day and is kept in her hutch at night. She is a very social girl, has a very playful manner and for me has been great company. Due to family circumstances I unfortunately have to try find her a new home. She has her own wooden purpose built hutch, food bowls carrier, beds etc which will all go with her so her only cost will be food which are pellets, flakes and some veg which comes to less than ten Euros a month. She is also toilet trained and has two new corner litter trays
    I must say that she is a social animal and would not be suited to being locked away in a spare room or cold shed 20 hours a day. If anyone has any interest in taking her or seeing her please PM me for photos or more details.
    Thank you, Chuck and Elvis :)

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,218 Mod ✭✭✭✭godtabh

Hi guys and gals. I have a trusted pet rabbit called Elvis. She is a six year old Grey lion headed dwarf rabbit and is solely a house pet who roams the kitchen most of the day and is kept in her hutch at night. She is a very social girl, has a very playful manner and for me has been great company. Due to family circumstances I unfortunately have to try find her a new home. She has her own wooden purpose built hutch, food bowls carrier, beds etc which will all go with her so her only cost will be food which are pellets, flakes and some veg which comes to less than ten Euros a month. She is also toilet trained and has two new corner litter trays
    I must say that she is a social animal and would not be suited to being locked away in a spare room or cold shed 20 hours a day. If anyone has any interest in taking her or seeing her please PM me for photos or more details.
    Thank you, Chuck and Elvis :)

Where are you based? Is he neutered?

• Registered Users Posts: 533 ✭✭✭chuck eastwood

I'm based near Blessington and she was spayed at one year old which made her far more docile and easy to pet or pick up once she gets used to your scent

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 364 ✭✭d9oiu2wk07blr5

These poor dogs are due to be destroyed on Thursday....hopefully someone can offer them a new home or to foster them.

<snip>

OP we don't allow to linking to info about individual rescues. Please read the forum Charter.

• Registered Users Posts: 286 ✭✭fathead82

Screenshot_2014-01-17-18-06-09_zpsaff26c25.png

Black pekin bantam type rooster looking for a new home.He is about 6 months old & is very small. I would keep him but himself & his brother are starting to fight.
    Also have another black & white rooster,around 3 months old to rehome. He was given to me a week ago but I cant keep him.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 oldskool96

Have a purebred Siberian husky that I have to give up due to a space issue. Broke up with my girlfriend and have to live in a smaller place. He is neutered, house trained and very friendly. Somewhere with a lot of space would be great and it must be a good home. I would have to meet and come for a look if possible. Cork area but willing to travel. He is almost 3 years old:)

• Registered Users Posts: 267 ✭✭coathanger

Hi there,
    sorry to hear of your breakup, have you contacted your local rescues,as there are so many unscrupulous people out there,that could use him for fighting or baiting.Do a home check & be 100% happy that they are genuine dog lovers,too many of the other kind out there now unfortunately.

best of luck

• Registered Users Posts: 17,736 ✭✭✭✭kylith

If you got him from a reputable breeder you should be able to contact them about rehoming him; many breeders will insist that the dog is returned to them if you can't keep him. Alternatively get in touch with a breed rescue.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 108 ✭✭Imported but

roweeeeena wrote: »
    ... She is neutered and about 1.5 years old. She had 2 kittens very young who remained in her original home, however she seems to not be able to stand living with them now that they are a bit older, aabout 8 months. She refuses to go back in to her original home and as such her original owners have stopped feeding her and she is esentially homeless and sleeping in piles of leaves.

We rescued a cat from the street as well as her kittens, and she had the same behaviour: she would growl and chase them away or run away from them when they came up to her. Now that the kittens are older (just over 2 year old now) she is much less bothered by them, she'll even give them the occasional rub. I guess the instinct to wean them and push them out into the world took a while to fade but whatever the reason, she's a lot more accepting of them than she was when they were about 8 months old or so.
    Perhaps if nothing else, the mummy cat might return to her original home when her kittens are adults? Hope it works out for her. Also have to say, I'd love to be able to have my cats at work, though I know I'd be less productive...

• Registered Users Posts: 40 Starstream

I'm looking for a home for a cat I took in to foster. She was found at the bottom of a garden having had two kittens in a pile of dead grass. Took her and the kittens in until they were old enough. She's very tame and friendly, and loves to cuddle up for some purrs. She has a fabulous coat with lovely colourings. She would make a perfect pet, now that she has raised her kittens. She is vaccinated and neutered.

292335.jpg

292336.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 142 ✭✭spookymuffin

Hopefully someone here might be able to help us. My husband and I got our puppy (Alistair) at the end of October last year but unfortunately my husband is allergic to him, and despite us trying different antihistamines over the past few months nothing seems to help. It, unfortunately, seems like our only option at this stage is to try and rehome him.

He's a red setter/flat coat retriever mix and always full of energy. He's a great little man with a great personality.

We're in the North Dublin area and he would have to collected.

1618564_287114781436385_2004856042_n_zps0aff2399.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 632 ✭✭✭Lyra Fangs

Hi guys,

Unfortunately I find myself in a horrible situation. I need to find a new home for my 6 year old Jack Russel Daxter. If there was anyway I could keep him I would. He previously lived with my mother but she's now in hospital and is unlikely to be leaving anytime soon. I live in Dublin for college and animals aren't allowed in the apartments.

He is a well trainer and very lovable little dog. He's great with adults and children.

Please PM me if you think you could give him a home or make a post if you have any suggestions.

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 3,274 ✭✭✭cocker5

Have you considered kennelling until your mum is well again?

I know your in a very upsetting situation but from your post it all seems very rushed, like a split second decision (maybe im wrong) but have you thought of other options to keep him safe until your mum is better etc?

Maybe a family member could mind him for a little while.

Rehoming should always be the last resort, and not taken lightly. Plus you may have serious difficulty in finding him a new home considering pounds and rescues are at bursting point

cocker5 wrote: »
    Have you considered kennelling until your mum is well again?

I know your in a very upsetting situation but from your post it all seems very rushed, like a split second decision (maybe im wrong) but have you thought of other options to keep him safe until your mum is better etc?

Maybe a family member could mind him for a little while.

Rehoming should always be the last resort, and not taken lightly. Plus you may have serious difficulty in finding him a new home considering pounds and rescues are at bursting point

Thanks for your help.

Without saying too much my mother is not in a position where she will get well enough to live independently.

She has been in hospital since last September and another family member was kindly looking after him but now is unable to do so. I've contacted several other people but no luck so far. I hoped by going on boards I'd reach a wider audience.

I realise my decision seems last minute but it's not. I know how difficult rehoming is but it's my only option right now.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,274 ✭✭✭cocker5

Lyra Fangs wrote: »
    Thanks for your help.

Without saying too much my mother is not in a position where she will get well enough to live independently.

She has been in hospital since last September and another family member was kindly looking after him but now is unable to do so. I've contacted several other people but no luck so far. I hoped by going on boards I'd reach a wider audience.

I realise my decision seems last minute but it's not. I know how difficult rehoming is but it's my only option right now.

OP really sorry to hear about your mum, im sure its a very difficult time for your all.

Have you emailed some of the rescues centres with his photo? maybe they can circulate vis their facebook pages this may help?

cocker5 wrote: »
    OP really sorry to hear about your mum, im sure its a very difficult time for your all.

Have you emailed some of the rescues centres with his photo? maybe they can circulate vis their facebook pages this may help?

That's a good idea I'll do that now :).

• Registered Users Posts: 120 ✭✭Kukey

There's also a rehoming thread here http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055626371
    I hope you find a good home for him,they are great little dogs.

• Registered Users Posts: 40 Starstream

Starstream wrote: »
    I'm looking for a home for a cat I took in to foster. She was found at the bottom of a garden having had two kittens in a pile of dead grass. Took her and the kittens in until they were old enough. She's very tame and friendly, and loves to cuddle up for some purrs. She has a fabulous coat with lovely colourings. She would make a perfect pet, now that she has raised her kittens. She is vaccinated and neutered.

292335.jpg

Update:
    Found a home :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2 Newbie2014

Hi, I am new to boards, lurking for a long while. I was hoping you boardsies could help me out.

I have a beautiful 2.5 year old male Savannah cat who needs a new home. He is a marbled savannah (no spots, he looks like a large tabby with slightly different markings). The reason I am looking to rehome him is due to my other cat’s dislike for him (my other cat is a grumpy 7 year old DSH). I adopted him a year ago, thinking my other cat would enjoy the company, but boy was I wrong. We will be moving soon and I don’t think they should be locked in the house together after the move. He is a big sweetie and needs a loving home.

Savannah cats are a hybrid breed, a cross of a domestic cat with a serval. He is typical of the savannah breed, as in he loves head butts & pets, but doesn’t enjoy being picked up or to sit on your lap. He is very affectionate to those close to him and a bit aloof with new people. He is good with other cats, especially young playful cats. He is also good with children. The home that I adopted him from had small children and they got on well. His new home should not have dogs. To be honest I think he needs a home busy with people; my house is a bit quite for him. He is neutered and his vaccinations are up-to-date.

If you are interested in adopting him PM me, I can email you some photos. I will not let just anyone adopt him and will do a home visit to potential adopters ensure his new home is suitable. I am located in North County Dublin and am willing to travel a bit to find him the perfect home.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 AnthonyD93

Hey guys,
    I have a female Siberian Husky, 7 months old, for re-homing. Unfortunately I'm moving abroad next year and I want the new owner to get her as early as possible. She is vaccinated, microchipped and house trained. She also knows the basic commands, sit, down and follows other basic instructions. I also have several toys and possibly a run to go with her if needs be.

Her name is Nymeria and she is a very friendly dog who has been taught from day 1 where she stands in the family, so she has no problems following instructions. I was assured she is a pure bred Siberian Husky by the previous owner, however, he could only provide me with papers for the Sire. I did, however, see both the parents and was satisfied of her origins.

I would advise anyone who is interested to research Siberian Huskies first as they need a lot of attention. If needs be, I can email on further photos.

Please PM me for further information.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,531 ✭✭✭Tranceypoo

AnthonyD93 wrote: »
    Hey guys,
    I have a female Siberian Husky, 7 months old, for re-homing. Unfortunately I'm moving abroad next year and I want the new owner to get her as early as possible. She is vaccinated, microchipped and house trained. She also knows the basic commands, sit, down and follows other basic instructions. I also have several toys and possibly a run to go with her if needs be.

Her name is Nymeria and she is a very friendly dog who has been taught from day 1 where she stands in the family, so she has no problems following instructions. I was assured she is a pure bred Siberian Husky by the previous owner, however, he could only provide me with papers for the Sire. I did, however, see both the parents and was satisfied of her origins.

I would advise anyone who is interested to research Siberian Huskies first as they need a lot of attention. If needs be, I can email on further photos.

Please PM me for further information.

Will the breeder not take her back?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43 Stroke My Trout

Put this up on All Ireland Siberian Husky Facebook Page.lovely girl. Can post for you if you want:)

• Registered Users Posts: 2 AnthonyD93

I contacted the breeder several days ago but received no response, unfortunately. I'm no holding out for any positive response.

I never even thought of that Stroke my Trout, thanks! Ill add it to the page soon, thanks for the offer!

• Registered Users Posts: 242 ✭✭Golfwidow

I wonder if anyone is interested in taking our dog as a pet? We have had 'Holly' for over 6 years. She is a beautiful, kind , gentle dog - fantastic with children - very mild, calm temperament. She is part collie, mostly Wheaten Terrier. Why are we rehoming her? My granddaughter who lives with me has been suffering from respiratory problems for months now. Most recently she had pneumonia and at only 18 months old has also been diagnosed with asthma...So, we have been strongly advised to rehome the dog. I live in the East Meath area. If you know anyone with a good home for our dog - we would be really grateful! Please pm me if interested or perhaps someone can advise me on where to look for a home for the dog?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 947 ✭✭✭zef

Hi, there is a once off rehoming thread in this forum, maybe post there?
    I can't come up with much else, as you might know the pounds/rescues are pretty much full. Are there any reputable rescues near you?
    And i'm sure you wouldn't put a little thing like her in the pound anyway, where she has a good chance of getting pts.
    I'd avoid putting her up on donedeal or gumtree etc, as you might attract the wrong type of person there. You'd really need to do home check tests etc, and make sure they were genuine.
    I hope you find a forever home for her.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,610 ✭✭✭muddypaws

Its an awful situation to be in. Has your daughter been tested, so that you know it is definitely the dog that is causing the issue?

• Registered Users Posts: 242 ✭✭Golfwidow

muddypaws wrote: »
    Its an awful situation to be in. Has your daughter been tested, so that you know it is definitely the dog that is causing the issue?

We don't know it is the dog for sure but the doctor suggests it may be. We have been down a very long road - child is continually ill. We don't want to subject the child yo any more tests for the monent - she's been through enough and is now nervous of doctors and hospitals!!
    I am willing to see if giving the dog away TO A GOOD HOME helps her health to improve. I wish my dog would sleep outside in her kennel but she refuses - probably because we have spoiled her. I am constantly cleaning dog hair after her ( she is long haired). If she would stay outside - I would try to keep her

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,610 ✭✭✭muddypaws

It would be very easy to test and see if it is the dog, it would just be a skin test. Just thinking how pets can help to calm children, so if it wasn't the dog causing the issue, she may actually be able to help.

If you stick with rehoming her, best of luck, all rescues and shelters are full to bursting I'm afraid. If she isn't spayed, can I suggest that you get her done before you rehome her, and definitely do a homecheck, people will lie unfortunately, and pretend to be great family homes, and sometimes turn out to be puppy farmers (yes, even of crossbreeds) or worse, dog fighters, looking for bait dogs. If you let us know your general area, someone could recommend a decent rescue near to you that may be able to help.

Advertisement