Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

*REHOMING thread* (Once off requests only)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,274 ✭✭✭cocker5

Stonehall9 wrote: »
    Hi, I am looking for a home for a 4 year old chocolate Labrador bitch, she is neutered is a lovely pet and a good watch dog, I need to find a home for her or else I have to put her to sleep after an incident where she followed sheep, she didn't kill any but once she showed that intention I sadly cannot keep her, I haven't the heart to put her down as she is a lovely dog and has been a great companion, she deserves a second chance please.

Plase google your local rescue centre and try and rehome her through them. Plase do not give her to the pound or put her to sleep.

Maybe contact your local vet and put up a poster to try and rehome her.

If you post your location people may be able to PM you some local rescues etc best of luck

• Registered Users Posts: 388 ✭✭Stonehall9

cocker5 wrote: »
    Plase google your local rescue centre and try and rehome her through them. Plase do not give her to the pound or put her to sleep.

Maybe contact your local vet and put up a poster to try and rehome her.

If you post your location people may be able to PM you some local rescues etc best of luck
    Thank you, I'm in the mid west

• Registered Users Posts: 1,167 ✭✭✭TopTec

Stonehall9 wrote: »
    Hi, I am looking for a home for a 4 year old chocolate Labrador bitch, she is neutered is a lovely pet and a good watch dog, I need to find a home for her or else I have to put her to sleep after an incident where she followed sheep, she didn't kill any but once she showed that intention I sadly cannot keep her, I haven't the heart to put her down as she is a lovely dog and has been a great companion, she deserves a second chance please.

Having read some of your posts on the hunting forum it appears you have been training her as a working/hunting dog? Is that right? If so your post is disingenuous and if you are looking to re-home her then you need to be up front about her history.

TopTec wrote: »
    Having read some of your posts on the hunting forum it appears you have been training her as a working/hunting dog? Is that right? If so your post is disingenuous and if you are looking to re-home her then you need to be up front about her history.
    No she is not a hunting dog, if she was I would have no issue in re homing her , I have shooting dogs which are kennelled and are used for shooting only. This is a pet dog who we are very sad to lose, we want her to be spared if we can at all. If your post is genuine I hope you appreciate my answer.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,167 ✭✭✭TopTec

Perfectly genuine. I occasionally foster for a local animal charity and hear of many reasons for re-homing. Personally I don't think yours is good enough. I have dogs who show an interest in sheep and will run into the fields after them if let them. I just exert proper control over them and any "intention" is quickly controlled and worrying never arises. I live in Mayo and am surrounded by sheep.

Thats my personal opinion. I think your reason for trying to rehome is a crappy one. Basic good training and control will sort out your sheep issues with your family pet.

• Advertisement

TopTec wrote: »
    Perfectly genuine. I occasionally foster for a local animal charity and hear of many reasons for re-homing. Personally I don't think yours is good enough. I have dogs who show an interest in sheep and will run into the fields after them if let them. I just exert proper control over them and any "intention" is quickly controlled and worrying never arises. I live in Mayo and am surrounded by sheep.

Thats my personal opinion. I think your reason for trying to rehome is a crappy one. Basic good training and control will sort out your sheep issues with your family pet.

Another expert , there's always one. I partly guessed you were only interested in blowing your own trumpet.thanks to all the genuine replys , home found hopefully.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,767 Mod ✭✭✭✭DBB

TopTec,
    We're all entitled to have an opinion, but unless you're fully aware of the circumstances behind this dog being rehomed (for instance, perhaps the owner of the sheep has delivered an ultimatum to the op), then casting aspersions on why this dog has to be rehomed is not on.
    For the record, I adopted a dog via this very forum, for precisely the same reasons the op has posted... In that case, my dog's then-owner was subjected to outrageous negative comment, really offensive, judgmental stuff. It turned out that there was a whoooole lot more going on behind the decision than the dog being caught in a field of sheep, which the owner quite understandably did not want to trumpet all over boards. If the people who posted so judgmentally without making themselves aware of the facts, they would, I'm sure, be mortified at their own behaviour.
    Furthermore for the record, I run a rescue, and have done for many years, and in my experience it is exceptionally difficult to convince someone to keep a dog that they have decided to rehome. Successful convincing will be almost impossible if the method used to convince the op is offensive.

By the same token op, it would be very useful for you to give full disclosure about this dog, as your posts about her lack detail and do not give potentially interested parties much to go on.
    Do not reply to this post on thread.
    Thanks,
    DBB

• Registered Users Posts: 9,204 ✭✭✭dodderangler

With the deepest regret I have to get rid of my dog.
    She is of a hunting background used for pheasants and other game. She is a mix of a wire haired pointer and Hungarian vizsla. Over a year old.
    My new landlord will not allow dogs and I have no choice in this matter.
    We had to move from our last house as we had no landlord to look after our house and needs so this is why I am being forced to rehome her.
    She is a beautiful dog who is very friendly maybe over friendly for some people. No aggression in her at all. Loves to be cuddled but she does take up most of the couch :)
    Needs to be rehomed ASAP.

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭JayIre

Looking to rescue a dog from a pound or rescue centre. I'm from Kilkenny so anywhere around this our neighbouring counties would be ideal. Just wondering is there any site to view dogs from these pounds/rescues cause any of the local ones I check up their sites haven't been updated lately.

*Sorry if I'm in the wrong section.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,170 ✭✭✭jimeryan22

Any female blue staffs out there...? Looking for a companion to my chocolate brown lad Bruce.. (And the wife!!)
    Based in Dublin.. Drop us a pm
    Bruce is mad as a brush but extremely friendly loves other dogs and people
    Thanks all

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4 Jamie tierney

<snip>. Levi is just two years old, mam was Labrador dad was golden retriever. He is the nicest fella you could ask for, a gentle giant, loves to have his tummy rubed. He is great in the house happy to lie bye your feet can be left alone in the house with no problems. Never barks. The reason I am letting the big guy go is I live in an apparment and he has no room . So if u can offer this lovely fella a great home give me a call. Thank u for looking at my add.can send pictures if requested!

• Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭Bosley1421

Hi, have you tried a local rescue? Where are you based?

Unfortunately, "free to good home" animals often end up used for bait so I would reconsider getting a home this way.
    It's not something animal lovers really think of but it happens a lot.

Unfortunately I know this to be true but I will be certain to make sure a good home for this dog!

<snip>

OP you have already tried to add your post 4 times since yesterday. It has been moved to this thread as you can see a few posts back. It is also not advisable to offer your dog as "free of charge" either.

• Registered Users Posts: 45 Kiwi2011

Hi all, Im just putting the feelers out, we are due to Emmigrate later in the year and have two lovely golden retriever females, 6 years old, neutered. Excellent around children and very well behaved/placid.. the usual goldie personality.

We are considering relocating them with us, the price tag at present sits at 11,000 euro for the 2 which is obscene. I will have to consider rehoming them so said Id put it out there to see if I could find a loving suitable home with plenty of space and lots of attention.

Please Contact me if you think you can help, ideally id love them to go together as they have been together since pups. Please bare in mind a full background check of any potential home will be done so don't bother contacting me if your not genuine. Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭Emmacash

Hi everyone.
    Can't believe I have to post this here but unfortunately we have to find a new home for our family cat, Bleaker. Our landlord is selling our house and we're moving back home with the folks for a time. As their house is full of pets we can't take him with us sadly.
    He is a four year old, fully trained, neutered and chipped. He is a really lovable little fella. He's black and white with a little black moustache.
    If anyone is interested please pm me. We're situated in Dublin but would be happy to drive to find him a good home.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,277 ✭✭✭aonb

Emmacash wrote: »
    Hi everyone.
    Can't believe I have to post this here but unfortunately we have to find a new home for our family cat, Bleaker. Our landlord is selling our house and we're moving back home with the folks for a time. As their house is full of pets we can't take him with us sadly.
    He is a four year old, fully trained, neutered and chipped. He is a really lovable little fella. He's black and white with a little black moustache.
    If anyone is interested please pm me. We're situated in Dublin but would be happy to drive to find him a good home.

Thats tough, but could you find someone to foster him until you find your new home? Good luck in any case

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭Emmacash

Yeah, That's what we were hoping but our friends and family are either allergic to cats or already have pets. I posted it on facebook but unfortunately we've no takers.

• Registered Users Posts: 552 ✭✭✭guildofevil

This is Mia. She is an affectionate seven year old shorthair tabby and she is under extreme stress.

30bp5qc.jpg

She is mostly a house cat, occasionally pottering in our small back yard or on the roof of our extension but never straying even as far as the neighbour’s garden and certainly not venturing out the front. She is quite clever, picking up on patters of behaviour and associating specific times and/or places with rubs, treats, etc. She can be nervous of visitors, keeping her distance at first but if everyone sits down she will venture out to say hello and rub up against people’s legs.

She has been living with us since she was a kitten and never really got on with our other cat, but things were mostly OK until our son was born.

Mia was nervous of him from the start but when he got his feet under him she started exhibiting signs of extreme stress and began marking at the kitchen door. Obviously this is a problem for us, but stress is particularly bad for Mia because she has slight leak in a heart valve, which is being managed with a ¼ beta blocker per day.

She marks the kitchen door every day when she is with us, but when we are away and she is in kennels she does not mark and appears perfectly happy and relaxed. Our home has become a place of fear and stress for her and this is how she is reacting.

We have taken advice on this and it has been recommended that we find her a new home, one with no young children or potentially intimidating animals. Could that be your home? Do you know someone else who could give Mia a place she can feel safe and loved?

She has been spayed and all of her shots are up to date. She takes a ¼ of a beta blocker tablet a day for her heart condition. These cost €8 for a 4 month supply at the rate she uses them.

Mod edit: I deleted your first pic (very small) and your albums as it linked to personal photos, but I made a collage of the 3 main pics of her ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 7 Rjaney

Hi I have a gorgeous female brindle and white lurcher. She is 2 years old and we are looking to rehome her as our daughter has allergies. She is really affectionate and placid and very well behaved. She loves to run and will sleep for hours after a good long run. She is small for lurcher but would still be a biggish dog. She gets on well with other dogs and cats too. We are very sad for her to leave us but it is a necessity. If you want any more information or would like to see a picture please leave a reply. Thanks

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 18 boots2000

Hello

I have a male rescue kitten , approx 9 weeks old in need of a good home.

The kitten was abandoned in the countryside. All the rescue centres are full at present.

I have had the kitten neutered, treated and micro-chipped and he is fully litter tray trained already.

The kitten is adorable and playful.

A home check will be carried out by a local animal welfare charity and the vet cost will need to be covered.

Please PM for more info and pics etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 benners1008

Hello,

We are seeking to rehome our Beagle girl, Beni. We are new parents to an 8 month old baby (the dog is great around her, very careful) but due to a sudden loss of income, we have found ourselves under huge strain and are forced to move in with my partners family for the forseeable future. There are already 2 dogs there so sadly, his mother cannot accomodate a 3rd.

We have exhausted all avenues so far, (Galway shelters are full to capacity, have advertised on donedeal but only timewasters calling and have also asked about with family, friends, local vet but no luck) and we really would like to secure a new home ourselves rather than put her in a shelter.

She's 3 years old, micropchipped, neutered and has her vaccinations for this year.

She's a very spirited and active girl, loves walks and ballplay and cuddles on the couch. She snoozes both indoors and outdoors and is very playful. She is so interested in other dogs, great around them but hasn't had much contact with cats so not sure how she would behave. She can be vocal at times, but it's usually to warn you of an unfamiliar person at the door. She loves a good sniff about the place, a roll in the grass so would need a secure garden to play in.

Is there anyone out there willing to give our girl a home?

Please PM if you need more info or pictures. Thank you :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 142 ✭✭larrlin24

Hi,
    I need to rehome my two dogs. They're both males. Jack Russell and a Collie Mix. They are both 11 years old. Great around cats and children. Neutered, vaccinated and wormed (I will provide proof). I won't go into detail on why they're being rehomed, unless you PM me with an interest in them. They're great dogs. Wonderful even. It breaks my heart to do this. No family or friends can take them and all shelters seem to be full so unfortunately I've resorted to posting here. Ideally, they'd need to be homed together and it would be great to get yearly updates on them. Feel free to PM me for pictures or any more information. Thank you. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6 compunerd3

Hi

I am trying to find a good home for two of our dogs. We had to move for work and are not allowed pets.
    They are two Labrador crossed collies about 6 months old.
    They are great with our 2 yr old daughter.
    They have been dewormed but not vaccinated.
    They are not house trained but kept outside with plenty of play space and walked frequently on a lead.

We want to bring them but cannot and Wednesday is our last day before handing the keys back. We rang <snip> but it can take 4 weeks for them to accept them.

Pm for pics if you want to see them. Max is the male and is quite a big dog and Lola the female is medium size.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,432 ✭✭✭df1985

Breaks my heart to have to do this but I'm looking for a home for my 12 year old golden Labrador Toby due to emigrating in just over 2 weeks. When we got him, he was the family dog, but unfortunately both my parents have since passed away and it's only been myself with him since. Up until recently he was due to go to an uncle but his circumstances have changed. So far efforts to find him a home amongst my friends has not worked out. This is my last chance to get a visa for Australia and has been on hold for years simply because of Toby. Unfortunately I can't hold on any longer as I will be too old for the visa.

He's an amazing dog who is great with other dogs and brilliant with children. He had a check up this week and is fine. All he wants is his belly rubbed and some attention. Short walks or some playtime with a ball are enough to tire him out.

I'm in Kildare close to the Dublin border, if anyone can think of local charities etc who may be able to help me please advise. Or if you are interested in adopting him please pm me and I can answer any questions or send pictures. I'd really appreciate it with being so close to the date I'm due to fly out. He really is a gent!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,432 ✭✭✭df1985

^^^^happy to report Toby has found a home. I just had to get the word out a bit better and a friends parents are going to take him in sunny Wexford where he'll get loads of attention :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,031 ✭✭✭we'llallhavetea

Hello everyone,
    Due to my lazy arse self not neutering in time, my lady cat heisy has had a litter of five kittens! They were born On the 18th of June so are now 10 weeks old and definitely ready to go to their forever homes!
    I am keeping two (:rolleyes:) so there are three to be rehomed
    The black and white kittens are both female we think and the black kitten is male :)
    we are based in meath near trim, the kittens have been raised around fully grown cats and a wee terrier mix.
    Shoot me a pm if you are interested or know of anyone that is interested

mif2f4.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 2 LauraJM

Hi. I have a beautiful white male rabbit that I've had for the last 2 years. I love him to bits but because of allergies getting worse and circumstances changing I need to find a good home for him. I don't want money and he has a full cage set up for him and outdoor hutch if people want. I just want to make sure he goes to a loving home like ours. He loves to be outside and is very friendly..
    Has anyone done this before that could suggest how I go about getting a good home for him.. I live in the kildare area. I'm just afraid he's going to end up not safe and I want to avoid that at all costs.
    Thanks LJ.

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭Tuathanach

Hello everybody,

So, I am looking after a little puppy this weekend on behalf of a friend - she is desperately looking for a nice home ideally with a garden and somebody who is going to take care of her and spoil her as she deserves.

About her:
    Her name is Lola - she is now 18 weeks old - she was one of a litter of 12 and the original owner had wanted to send all puppies that weren't rehomed to the pound (where as you know, she'd be put down) so my friend has taken care of her so as to avoid this fate but she desperately needs to find a loving home!

She is a collie (possible terrier cross) - very well natured and very gentle around children. She is super intelligent; already knows 'stay' 'sit' 'come here' and her own name. She is house trained and very affectionate!

We are not looking to sell her but to rehome her to a good and loving home.

If you are local (d15) and feel you could dedicate your time and home to this lovely smart puppy let me know - we could arrange to go for a walk/meet the dog etc.

Thanks

PS: Two photos attached!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 35 Shoneen

Hi All, our situation is that we have 3 dogs, two of whom are about 7 years old and are a cocker bichon mix and the other one is about 2 years old and we think is a cross between a collie and a lurcher. The younger dog was acquired from a rescue and it had initially been intended that a family member was taking him but that didn't work out due to the changed circumstances of that family member. Now however we are due a second young child in the next couple of weeks and taking a realistic view we won't be able to manage the responsibilities that goes with two preschool children and 3 dogs (my job is long hours so from Monday to Friday that responsibility nearly all falls on my wife). Reluctantly we have decided that we will need to find a home for the younger dog as we will no longer be able to give him the attention he requires. He is a handsome, good natured dog, he is calm around children and has been neutered, chipped and his vaccinations are all up to date. Being a young lurcher cross he loves to run and is also very affectionate. If anyone thinks they might be interesed in rehoming this dog or knows someone who might be interested we would love to hear from you. I have photos available although I don't think I have permissions to upload onto Boards as yet as I don't post very often.We are also willing to make a contribution to his upkeep for the first few months. Thanks, S

Advertisement