Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

*REHOMING thread* (Once off requests only)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 270 ✭✭snoman

Shoneen wrote: »
    Hi All, our situation is that we have 3 dogs, two of whom are about 7 years old and are a cocker bichon mix and the other one is about 2 years old and we think is a cross between a collie and a lurcher. The younger dog was acquired from a rescue and it had initially been intended that a family member was taking him but that didn't work out due to the changed circumstances of that family member. Now however we are due a second young child in the next couple of weeks and taking a realistic view we won't be able to manage the responsibilities that goes with two preschool children and 3 dogs (my job is long hours so from Monday to Friday that responsibility nearly all falls on my wife). Reluctantly we have decided that we will need to find a home for the younger dog as we will no longer be able to give him the attention he requires. He is a handsome, good natured dog, he is calm around children and has been neutered, chipped and his vaccinations are all up to date. Being a young lurcher cross he loves to run and is also very affectionate. If anyone thinks they might be interesed in rehoming this dog or knows someone who might be interested we would love to hear from you. I have photos available although I don't think I have permissions to upload onto Boards as yet as I don't post very often.We are also willing to make a contribution to his upkeep for the first few months. Thanks, S

I think that I would get in contact with the rescue that he was initially homed from, they would be able to do proper home checks etc. lurchers of any kind are very attractive to people who want hunting dogs not pets and I'd imagine that's not the way you'd want him to go.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,413 ✭✭✭Toulouse

snoman wrote: »
    I think that I would get in contact with the rescue that he was initially homed from, they would be able to do proper home checks etc. lurchers of any kind are very attractive to people who want hunting dogs not pets and I'd imagine that's not the way you'd want him to go.

A rescue that would allow a dog to be acquired by one family member with the intention of passing him onto another wouldn't be somewhere I'd send a dog back to. Or was it that you had arranged with a family member to take the dog on this occasion but now they can't?

You may have signed a contract with the rescue stating that you must return the dog to them and not pass him onto any third party so your first port of call is with them.

As he's a lurcher you should be very very careful where he goes.

• Registered Users Posts: 10 Laila

Hi, I found a 6 month old ginger and white kitten in The Hastings Balbriggan on Saturday 13th Sept. I have tried to find her owner but have had no success. As I can't keep the kitten for much longer ( I already have 6 cats), I am now trying to find her a new loving home. She is an adorable and very affectionate kitten who loves cuddles and play time. She is good with other cats/dogs and children. Can anybody out there offer this lovely little lady a home?

• Registered Users Posts: 214 ✭✭simplybam

Two lovely house trained cats need a new home. Had plans for them which fell through, Bacon (tortoise shell, 6 years) and Spot (black, 7 years) have been ours since they were kittens. I have two litter trays, and a cat carrier which will come with them. Unfortunately I have to have a home for them before Tuesday.

I'd never give them up but I'm leaving Ireland permanently and they can't come.
    Both have microchips, shots and wormed.
    Bacon is an inside cat, and spot can go out but usually chooses to stay in. Okay with other cats, smaller dogs and children.

I'm more than happy to drop them off, and make a contribution to their care.

Home found for Bacon & Spot. Thank you everyone.

• Registered Users Posts: 412 ✭✭bijou

Hi all.

Due to a change in circumstances and a house move we have to re-home two dogs if anyone can help.

Carly is a three legged Border Collie approx 4yrs old
    Toto is a terrier cross (not sure what) approx 4yrs old.

Both dogs have been neutered/spayed.

We took them in as strays when they appeared at our door 2 years ago. Both dogs are good with kids and love the outdoors.

We are in the Roscommon area, if anyone can help; it would be appreciated.

Carly.jpg

Toto.jpg

Thanks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 286 ✭✭fathead82

I'm looking for good homes for 6 kittens. 2 tortie, 3 ginger & a tabby. They are 8 weeks old now. Their mother is longhaired but I don't know what way the kittens are going to turn out. I would prefer them to go to their new homes in pairs & only to good homes where they will be neutered.

• Registered Users Posts: 149 ✭✭Wtwasithinkin

I have 4 gorgeous puppies(2M 2F) that need a loving home. They are lab/collie mix. We have the mum...a collie. She is and amazingly kind and smart. The dad is also a very sweet natured dog. Puppies are basically smart small Black labs with white chests and some have white tips on their paws. They have been born into a family with small children. In the Tipp/Kk area.

• Registered Users Posts: 7 wifey43

Hi,

I'm moving to America shortly and my ex is moving back to Scotland. We've got a number of cats who need to be re-homed as neither of us can take them with us .. :-( They're all neutered.

Dougal - proud black & white cat - age 12 -> would be happier on his own

Rory & Dylan - both black, slightly mad - age 11 & 10 -> would be happier being homed together

Seamus & Patrick - tabby & white, both playful but very loving - age 9 & 8 -> would be happy being homed together

Monty & Sophie - huge(!) black & white fluffy cat and his fluffy little tortie sister - age unknown -> would be happier being homed together

Declan - fluffy ginger sweetheart - age approx. 5 or 6 -> would be happy being homed with any of them others or on his own

Twinkle - delicate little tortie but very loving - approx. 7 -> would be happy being homed on her own

Happy to provide photos, etc.

C

• Registered Users Posts: 108 ✭✭Imported but

wifey43 wrote: »
    Hi,

I'm moving to America shortly and my ex is moving back to Scotland. We've got a number of cats who need to be re-homed as neither of us can take them with us .. :-(

Sounds like you're in a tough situation there. I can't help with providing homes - I already have more cats than you - but I'd like to know how you get on... Hope they find nice homes somehow. Best of luck with this, Peter.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,151 ✭✭✭Irishchick

Hello All.

I'm posting on behalf of the vet clinic that I nurse in. This lovely girl was dumped in the midlands 2 weeks ago and was picked up by the vet . She has been with us since. She is extremely friendly and so eager to please. We are doing our best but we are a busy clinic so we are desperate to find a good home for her. She is a very active dog so will need daily walks. She is great around other dogs and cats.

She collie cross and as far as we can tell she is around the one year mark. She has been vaccinated and wormed. She is entire now but we can arrange for her to be spayed if anyone is interested. Please Pm if you think you'd like to give this dog a home

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 479 ✭✭mags16

My sister and her family took in Sammy a few years ago when his original owners moved abroad. He is a pointer/beagle cross, approx 4 years old, neutered, vaccinations up to date.

Unfortunately my sister and her family can't keep Sammy due to serious illness.

He's always been highly energetic but loving. He would be a great pet for a family or an individual who can give him the space, training and attention he needs.

PM me if you think you could give Sammy a kind, loving home.

[IMG][/img]15054687254_975e464c70.jpg
    Sammy by maireaddevlin, on Flickr

• Registered Users Posts: 366 ✭✭levi

fathead82 wrote: »
    I'm looking for good homes for 6 kittens. 2 tortie, 3 ginger & a tabby. They are 8 weeks old now. Their mother is longhaired but I don't know what way the kittens are going to turn out. I would prefer them to go to their new homes in pairs & only to good homes where they will be neutered.

Are any of these little guys still available? Where are you based?

• Registered Users Posts: 286 ✭✭fathead82

levi wrote: »
    Are any of these little guys still available? Where are you based?

Still have all 6 but 3 are booked. Based in Tipperary

• Registered Users Posts: 766 ✭✭✭ger vallely

Hi, a beautiful kitten appeared at my house yesterday. I've contacted a local rescue and some local houses but as yet there are no takers. She is absolutely adoreable and if I did not already have a cat hating dog I would keep her in a heartbeat. As we found her on Halloween weekend we've called her Boo. We are in Galway, towards Headford.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,160 ✭✭✭✭sammyjo90

ok so I had this post in the lost and found thread but we can't find her owner so looking to rehome her now.
    any help would be greatly appreciated. She's about a year old, very obedient and friendly. Currently in galway city but can be given to anyone who is willing to give her a great home!!!

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=92814811#post92814811

• Registered Users Posts: 3,610 ✭✭✭muddypaws

sammyjo90 wrote: »
    ok so I had this post in the lost and found thread but we can't find her owner so looking to rehome her now.
    any help would be greatly appreciated. She's about a year old, very obedient and friendly. Currently in galway city but can be given to anyone who is willing to give her a great home!!!

You can't just find a dog and rehome it. Did you report her to the local dog warden and gardai? Did you take her to a vet and check for a chip? Legally nobody else can own her for one year and one day after she's found. Did you advertise her nationally? That photo in lost and found isn't good at all for identifying her, there are a lot of missing huskies nationally.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,957 ✭✭✭Magenta

Hi, a beautiful kitten appeared at my house yesterday. I've contacted a local rescue and some local houses but as yet there are no takers. She is absolutely adoreable and if I did not already have a cat hating dog I would keep her in a heartbeat. As we found her on Halloween weekend we've called her Boo. We are in Galway, towards Headford.

Is it possible you could tighten her collar, she's going to either catch her leg in it or catch it on something and possibly get stuck :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,957 ✭✭✭Magenta

That photo is terrible, you can't see what colour she is, what colour her eyes are... her owner could have seen it and not recognised her.

well there was more photos on the site that I'm not allowed to mention and if anyone was looking for a husky in the area would have definitely seen them.
    Home has been found now so thats all that matters

• Registered Users Posts: 3,129 ✭✭✭PucaMama

well there was more photos on the site that I'm not allowed to mention and if anyone was looking for a husky in the area would have definitely seen them.
    Home has been found now so thats all that matters

hope you kept contact details for when the owners come looking, because it cant be kept

• Advertisement

She has gone to a friends house so yes we have.

and you mean IF they come looking.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,767 Mod ✭✭✭✭DBB

Okay folks,
    That's enough.
    I will update the opening post to remind people of their obligations when they find a dog and wish to rehome it before they're really legally entitled to.
    Sammyjo90, it might do no harm to let the new people know that there is always a chance that they'll have to give the dog back to her rightful owners. It's probably a slim chance, but a chance all the same.
    Back on topic now please.
    Thanks,
    DBB

• Registered Users Posts: 366 ✭✭levi

fathead82 wrote: »
    Still have all 6 but 3 are booked. Based in Tipperary

Unfortunately I'm in Dublin - have a good home for two of the three left. Whereabouts in Tipp are you based? I may be tempted to travel. Hoping to get a male and a female or two females. Not sure what sort of mix you have. I'll PM you my email address and you might send me more details? Thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 39 bigfluffycloud

With great sadness I am looking for a loving home for a little white & ginger kitten called Jaffa (cant post an image!) He is 6 months old, neutered & vaccinated. He came to our door at 5 weeks old & has been such a lovely playful fellow.

I have a 1 year old boy & Jaffa is a little too playful & rough with him now in his kittenish ways. My elderly cat is showing signs of stress as well as she just wants to sleep while Jaffa wants to play with her. He needs a home where his kitten ways will be enjoyed & encouraged. A home with slightly older kids (he has great fun with my 4 year old) & younger cats.

He has being going outside for past month but does prefer being in the house instead. He is litterbox trained. I am based in Headford but will travel with him to a new home wherever that might be :)

Can you help give this guy a loving home?

• Registered Users Posts: 792 ✭✭✭hadook

4-5 month old b&w male cat found 3 weeks ago in Kells. Asked around, advertised with local rescues and vets and no owner has been found so little Widget is looking for his new home.

He's a super affectionate little chap with a purr like a tractor who adores human company. His likes include sitting on your lap, sitting on your shoulder, flopping out on the couch beside you, attacking the back of your head through the curtains while you're watching tv, OMG, a shoelace! and climbing the logs to get to the mantelpiece to knock everything down because it's dinner time and the foodbowl has been empty for .0000435 of a second. He does everything with enthusiasm but don't be tricked into thinking he's a mad active cat as he also gives 100% to napping (preferably either on some clean laundry or that spot on the couch you just vacated/were planning to sit on yourself). He's quite a vocal lad too and will let you know when the aforementioned foodbowl is empty, when the door is shut etc. Gets on well with other cats and does a hilarious impression of fluffed up scaredy cat at the dogs.

He's excellent inside and good with older kids. Will travel within reason for the right home.

• Registered Users Posts: 638 ✭✭✭ferretone

hadook wrote: »
    4-5 month old b&w male cat found 3 weeks ago in Kells. Asked around, advertised with local rescues and vets and no owner has been found so little Widget is looking for his new home.

Hadook, maybe say it to my sis? Mum lost Bibby a couple weeks ago, from old age, and sis was talking about looking out for an older kitten for her!

• Registered Users Posts: 568 ✭✭✭fifi28

Looking to rehome a gorgeous little male kitten, just over 3 months old. Litter trained etc. very friendly and playfull
    Regrettably must rehome him due to unforseen personal circumstance

• Registered Users Posts: 3,553 ✭✭✭mymo

I have been asked to find homes for three kittens, two tabby, one smokey grey and white, they are currently 6-7 weeks, very friendly, I will be collecting them Saturday, litter training and worming.
    I can't hold on to them for long, and can't afford to vaccinate any more this year, they are at risk where they are and mum is getting spayed in 2 weeks (she's being kept by person who's greenhouse she has made her home).
    I will have pics at weekend, anyone interested pm me, I may have one homed so would be nice for other two to stay together.

P.s. I know they are very young, but Tom cat has killed two others from litter already this week!
    I will be keeping them for a week or two at least.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,553 ✭✭✭mymo

Just an update, with pics!

sb3rio.jpg

2mr5pmw.jpg

efjxtz.jpg

They are safe inside now, the person who's greenhouse they were living in has brought them inside, they are 8 weeks on Tuesday, using the litter tray, very friendly too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 41 sarahc1

Hi, a friend and I are looking for homes for 5 cats/kittens. We are based in Dublin but are willing to travel to find good homes for them. They are all from a feral mother, who has now been neutered but we are looking for homes for her sons and daughters! We rent in an apartment block where pets aren't allowed, so unfortunately can't keep any of them.

The first 2 are called Spartacus (m) and Bigfoot (f). They are about 6 months old, and have been raised outdoors. They are fully tame, love human attention, come running when you go out to see them and sit on your lap and purr like machines for as long as they can. They have been neutered/spayed, wormed, have had flea treatment and their first round of vaccinations. Ideally we are looking for somewhere where they can be both indoors and outdoors as they please, although they are happy to come in to apartments and make themselves at home! Spartacus is a white and kind of leopard tabby short hair, while Bigfoot is a tabby and white medium long hair. We would like for them to be homed together as they seem very close. We don't know how they will react to kids/dogs but the vet has remarked on them being really gentle if that gives an indication.

We also have 3 kittens who are around 6 weeks old. They are the younger brothers (they're all boys) of Spartacus and Bigfoot. They are currently with a foster family who have 2 kids aged under 7, 2 other cats and 2 excitable dogs so they should be able to get on fine in a family environment. Reports so far from their foster mammy have said they are doing really well and they are already playing with the kids. One of these little guys is tabby and the other 2 are tabby and white. They're all short hairs. Ideally they'll be looking for a home soon enough. They will be litter trained when rehomed. They have been vet checked but not vaccinated or neutered yet due to their age.

I have pictures of all cats but can't post them up due to my lack of posts!

Let me know if you're interested. Ideally we'd like to have a look at where the cats will be staying and a donation to a TNR group would be appreciated.

Thanks

Advertisement