Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

*REHOMING thread* (Once off requests only)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 126 ✭✭cellosid

PM sent !

• Registered Users Posts: 3 MCKEEGAN

Email sent to your address from my friend. Hopefully she can help you out with Flynn.

• Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭sam22

hi. we are looking for a new home for chino who is 95% husky, she is female has been spayed/neutered, microchipped, and well looked after by us, she is 18 months old. unfortunately we do not have the time to cater for her needs any longer as she is a lively dog and needs space and excersise, she is well mannered and playfull. I did ring some of the local rescues but they are full, we are located in Kerry. thank you

• Registered Users Posts: 724 ✭✭✭bewhiched

How come you never thought it would have been "energetic " when you took him gets big now and it's like " oh I don't want him any more " absolutely disgraceful they way people get these dogs and Don't do the homework well annoyed reading this.

bewhiched wrote: »
    How come you never thought it would have been "energetic " when you took him gets big now and it's like " oh I don't want him any more " absolutely disgraceful they way people get these dogs and Don't do the homework well annoyed reading this.

thank you for your reply.we took chino in from somebody else and when we did she was undernourished, uncared for, she is now microchipped, spayed and vaccinated and healthy.which would you prefer, that I abandoned her.

• Advertisement

sam22 wrote: »
    thank you for your reply.we took chino in from somebody else and when we did she was undernourished, uncared for, she is now microchipped, spayed and vaccinated and healthy.which would you prefer, that I abandoned her.

And you STILL don't want her now cause she's a handful my god!!!!

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,767 Mod ✭✭✭✭DBB

Bewhiched,
    Give it a rest.
    This is not a thread for judging people. You have no idea of what's going on in the background.
    Back on topic now please.
    Thanks,
    DBB

And you STILL don't want her now cause she's a handful my god!!!!

to be honest she is not really a handful, she is a lovely dog. and to be quite honest it is not for you to judge me or anyone else without knowing all of my reasons for trying teo rehome chino. in the mean time I hope tha you do not fall from your high moral pedestal. mods if you wish you may delete or close this thread thank you

• Registered Users Posts: 126 ✭✭cellosid

I take it your post was directed at me and sorry that sam22 has taken the brunt of your anger.

I am a life long Dog lover and owner and the sad decision to find a good home for the Dog was taken in his interests. Not that I have to justify my motive or behaviour to you or anybody else.

Right O

• Advertisement

DBB wrote: »
    Bewhiched,
    Give it a rest.
    This is not a thread for judging people. You have no idea of what's going on in the background.
    Back on topic now please.
    Thanks,
    DBB

Sure.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,678 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hellrazer

Dellytots.are you a rescue?This thread is for individuals rehoming their own animals.It's not for rescues to post animals for rehoming.
    As a matter of fact rescues are not allowed to use this forum in any capacity.Please don't post any more animals in this thread until you pm me with the information I'm asking you for.

• Registered Users Posts: 104 ✭✭dellytots

Dellytots.are you a rescue?This thread is for individuals rehoming their own animals.It's not for rescues to post animals for rehoming.
    As a matter of fact rescues are not allowed to use this forum in any capacity.Please don't post any more animals in this thread until you pm me with the information I'm asking you for.

Ok (thanks for the attitude by the way) No I'm not a rescue. I run an unrelated dog business and through my contacts I know these dogs are looking for homes

I didn't realise there were rules involved. I'm just helping these dogs find homes

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,678 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hellrazer

Attitude??? Youre the one who didn't read the rules before posting and is now not happy about being pulled up on that.It's clearly in the rules thread so I suggest you read it before posting again.

Hellrazer wrote: »
    Attitude??? Youre the one who didn't read the rules before posting and is now not happy about being pulled up on that.It's clearly in the rules thread so I suggest you read it before posting again.

Exactly what rules did I break...? I'm not a rescue. Just being helpful and finding homes for dogs which is the title of this thread! Don't worry I won't be posting again!

Dellytots,
    Take it to PM, like you were asked to. Arguing with mods on-thread, and copping an attitude with them for no good reason, is not acceptable. We all try to help animals in need, but this thread is not for multiple use... it specifically states in the opening post what it's for (private people trying to rehome their own dogs), and you are stretching that rule somewhat. Ignorance of the rules is not a defence.
    As per any mod intervention, do not reply to this post on-thread.
    Thanks,
    DBB

FYI, here is the opening post of this thread:

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=61224710&postcount=1

Here is the bit that you're causing problems with. I have highlighted the relevant parts in red:
    Welcome to the new rehoming thread.

This thread is for once off rehoming of your own pets or offspring of your own pets.

This thread is not to be used by agencies for advertising or rehoming of animals they have available for rehoming.

So for example your cat has kittens and you want to rehome them then this thread is for you.

Now for a couple of rules.

Firstly once off rehoming requests only--If we see a user advertising rehomes on an ongoing basis then we will assume you are a Rehoming Agency.The decision as to whether you are a Rehoming Agency is at the Mods discretion and no arguments will be entertained.

DBB wrote: »
    FYI, here is the opening post of this thread:

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=61224710&postcount=1

Here is the bit that you're causing problems with. I have highlighted the relevant parts in red:

I've removed the posts. I hope you guys realise they weren't harming anyone. Just trying to rehome the dogs. And btw If I had been asked through a pm in the first place I would have responded through a pm but you'd rather publicly humiliate me it's no wonder boards.ie is dying and not one person even interacted with the post (except for you)
    Cheers, goodnight

Less of the hyperbole please!
    There was no public humiliation Dellytots. You were asked a perfectly reasonable question by a mod who could see that you were breaking the rules of the thread, and you became needlessly defensive, and have continued to argue with mods on thread despite being asked several times not to. In doing so, you're moving from a minor breach to a more serious problem altogether.
    I'd have been happy to cut you some slack with the rehoming posts if you'd been a bit more civil about it, and done as you were asked (pm instead of arguing on thread).
    As it is, boards.ie's sister company adverts.ie is already providing you with a free medium through which you're advertising these dogs you have available for rehoming. It is not allowed to post multiple pets for rehoming here no matter how laudable your intentions are... it says it explicitly in the opening post.
    I'm sorry you felt the need to become so defensive, but the rules are there for everyone. This is not a rescue forum.
    If you want to respond to either myself or Hellrazer, I will ask you once again, please do so by pm.
    Do not reply to this post on thread.
    Thanks,
    DBB

• Registered Users Posts: 207 ✭✭murphf

Hi does anyone have baby guinea pigs for adoption? I have a little fella here who needs a cage mate, need a male. Thanks guys

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,570 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

Hi everyone, hopefully you can help out.

I had my dog for the last year and now I have had to move back home and there is no space for my best friend. I had arranged for someone to take him on Saturday but they didnt take him. I now only have today to find my fella a new home.
    He is a German Shepard, approx 3 years of age. I took him from a friend last year that didnt have time for him, they found him starved and beaten around their house and nobody claimed him. He is a very happy dog and loves his walks and rubs. I only have access to the property he is in until this evening so if anyone could take him today (Im in laois but have no trouble travelling with him this evening) and give him a new home I would be extremely greatful.

I will post a pic of him asap.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,357 ✭✭✭gregers85

Hi Folks,

I'm popping this up on behalf of a friend.

This is Eva, she is an 18 Month Old German Shepherd. Sadly her current owners are no longer able to keep her. We would love to find a new forever home for Eva!

She is a very social and friendly character, very good with people and has been raised with other dogs and has also around horses and cattle! She is not fond of cats so a cat free home would be preferred.

Eva is fully wormed and all her vaccinations are up to date, she got her last booster in February 2015. She has also been spayed. She is currently not microchipped.

If anyone could help in providing Eva a forever home we would be so grateful. Please PM me

Thanks in Advance :)

342872.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 3,801 ✭✭✭iamtony

Hi all I'm looking for a new home for 2 mice both male and a nice cage we bought specifically for them. We got them for our daughter who has lost interest and I'm sick of cleaning them.

They come with everything they need including food and saw dust etc.

Be warned without regular cleaning they stink!

If anyone is interested please PM me.

P.s I'm on the northside of dublin.

Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭ferretcrazy

Hi, my 17 year old daughter has been looking for mice for ages, we would love to rehome them :D are they use to being handled, how old are they and what colours. were also on northside :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,801 ✭✭✭iamtony

Hi, my 17 year old daughter has been looking for mice for ages, we would love to rehome them :D are they use to being handled, how old are they and what colours. were also on northside :)

That's great if you pm your email I'll send you through a few pictures.
    They are young one is about 2 or 3 months old and the other is about 5 or 6 months. You can handle them no problem my daughter is only 5 and she can hold them.
    One is brown and white and the other is a darker brown.
    I also have two of those balls that they can run around in for them. anyway send me a PM and we will get the ball rolling.
    Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 456 ✭✭Grants fairy

Not sure if this is the right place to post so if its not I apologise. We have a lovely pet cockatiel who we need to rehome urgently. She is a year old and hand tame.

Are there any cockatiel owners interested. Or could someone advise me of the best place to post. I wasnt inclined to use Done Deal.

thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 3,129 ✭✭✭PucaMama

Not sure if this is the right place to post so if its not I apologise. We have a lovely pet cockatiel who we need to rehome urgently. She is a year old and hand tame.

Are there any cockatiel owners interested. Or could someone advise me of the best place to post. I wasnt inclined to use Done Deal.

thanks

location? we have 2 here wouldnt mind another

• Registered Users Posts: 3 ambrlily

Hi all,

We are looking to find a loving home for our dog. We are really sad to have to re home him as he is such a lovely dog but we just have no time for him and feel he would be happier with someone who had more time to bring him for long walks and give him lots of attention.
    He is a medium sized dog. Our Vet thinks he is a beagle crossed with Labrador. (But is smaller than a lab) He is vaccinated and neutered. I'll try to post a picture. Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 3,553 ✭✭✭mymo

I found this lovely little fella on a road in the middle of the night a few weeks back, he's now about 9 weeks, wormed, litter trained and ready for his new home. (Had one lined up but they changed their mind) he's very friendly and playful, loves my dogs and cats.

21b3zif.jpg

29fzevl.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,710 ✭✭✭Joeseph Balls

Not really a cat person but damn, hes cute.

Advertisement