Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

*REHOMING thread* (Once off requests only)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,553 ✭✭✭mymo

No one is not a cat person, they just haven't met the right feline overlord!

Steve Rogers (he was tiny but fearless, overnight he became a big strong kitten, leaping all over the place, so Steve Rogers stuck) also likes tea, can't leave a cup down

• Registered Users Posts: 3,277 ✭✭✭aonb

mymo wrote: »
    No one is not a cat person, they just haven't met the right feline overlord!

Steve Rogers (he was tiny but fearless, overnight he became a big strong kitten, leaping all over the place, so Steve Rogers stuck) also likes tea, can't leave a cup down

I was NEVER a cat person. Think I was brain-washed by my mother who hated cats. Ive always had dogs/horses/hens/fish(!)/furry things - anything and everything but never a cat (thanks mum!) Then I found Tux last October, half dead with her dead siblings, and can honestly say Im disgusted that Ive missed so many years without a cat - or should I say Feline Overlord - extraordinary animals!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,710 ✭✭✭Joeseph Balls

aonb wrote: »
    I was NEVER a cat person. Think I was brain-washed by my mother who hated cats. Ive always had dogs/horses/hens/fish(!)/furry things - anything and everything but never a cat (thanks mum!) Then I found Tux last October, half dead with her dead siblings, and can honestly say Im disgusted that Ive missed so many years without a cat - or should I say Feline Overlord - extraordinary animals!

We've had cats growing up, and had a lovely one here, but am just more a dog person. Iv had all sorts of pets too, from dragons to Flemish giants. I just never really actively looked for a cat. If one turned up (like the previous one here), she wouldn't be turned away ;) I mean iv never seen a cat and thought, I want him, but that lad above looks like a little trouble maker, in a good way.

• Registered Users Posts: 416 ✭✭Rips

A kind lady stopped a little kitten from being crunched on the road yesterday, gutsy little fella was doing his best not to be picked up and very scared but I have him here now and he's coming on in leaps and bounds.

~ 7 weeks old, male classic tabby no white, wide black stripes and a black tail.
    Eating on his own, no sign of cat flu and nice healthy poo! He has a bit of a wormy belly but I'll get him some panacur later.

I need to find him a home and ASAP as he's spending most of his day he locked in the bathroom and he is desperate for some attention.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

I'm looking for two or more dwarf hamsters, as my last pair recently shuffled off to the big sawdust in the sky.

I'm experienced with dwarf hamsters, and have all cages, accessories etc. located in D6

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,727 ✭✭✭reallyrose

Rips wrote: »
    A kind lady stopped a little kitten from being crunched on the road yesterday, gutsy little fella was doing his best not to be picked up and very scared but I have him here now and he's coming on in leaps and bounds.

~ 7 weeks old, male classic tabby no white, wide black stripes and a black tail.
    Eating on his own, no sign of cat flu and nice healthy poo! He has a bit of a wormy belly but I'll get him some panacur later.

I need to find him a home and ASAP as he's spending most of his day he locked in the bathroom and he is desperate for some attention.

Where are you in the world? Are you still looking for a home for him? I'm looking for a Kitten because we're moving this weekend. As the cat will be locked in for months, it's the ideal time to get him a kitten friend to keep him entertained. (the kitten will be locked in anyway)

• Registered Users Posts: 416 ✭✭Rips

He got a new home with another kitten the same age :)

Hi reallyrose, take a look at the little fella I have up, it's the last post if you go back one page, he's now about 10 weeks, let me know if you want any more info.

Rips wrote: »
    He got a new home with another kitten the same age :)

:eek::(
    Hi reallyrose, take a look at the little fella I have up, it's the last post if you go back one page, he's now about 10 weeks, let me know if you want any more info.

The little ginger dude? Yeah, I was wondering about him last night. He's very cute.
    ... how smart is he? Swanson is a total moron, he probably needs a thinking-brain-assist-cat.

• Registered Users Posts: 181 ✭✭Kajemo

Hi guys,

Looking for a loving, caring forever home for a 7 year old male French bulldog. Owner is extremely ill in hospital and unlikely to make recovery. Pm me if anyone can help or offer this? Thanks

• Advertisement

Sorry reallyrose for delay, pm'ing you now

• Registered Users Posts: 2 catjazz

Hi everyone.

My name is Catherine and I was very much hoping that you might be able to help me. I have been looking after two beautiful little jack russells that were abandoned two weeks and I am desperately trying to find them a home.They are absolutely wonderful dogs but every single shelter I've tried is full. I live in a very small place in the city (I'm also not allowed pets in my flat so its on the QT) otherwise I would keep them myself in a heartbeat.

They are mother and son Jake and Maggie. We believe Maggie is about three and Jake about 1. Maggie is house trained, Jake is not quite there yet. He was hopeless when he first came to us but in the last few weeks has had hardly any accidents and is doing very well. We had them both neutered, vaccinated and micro chipped and they are healing very well. In fact I removed their cones last night and they've been great not licking the wounds, etc. They are inseparable and it would be wonderful if we could keep them together as you would almost think that they are Siamese twins. If this is absolutely impossible, of course my concern to get them into loving homes is greater than my concern to keep them together.

I'm very worried about them. My place is just too small and I'm bringing them for 8 walks a day just to keep them stimulated. They honestly and truly are the two sweetest little dogs I have ever encountered and that really is saying something. They spend all their time snuggling eachother and licking eachother (and everyone else) They are very nervous at the moment meeting new people but there is no-one that hasn't won them over after a few minutes and become a new best friend. They are incredibly affectionate and have me and my boyfriend in stitches laughing all day long. Anyone any contacts for rehoming?

Thank you!

• Registered Users Posts: 5 cygnusx02

This adorable kitten was abandoned in the middle of the night, along the side of a busy road, near our home. She is too frikkin' cute! She is friendly and playful and in good health. We would love to keep her, she is too precious - but our two large dogs have her terrorised (and the one dog is likely to attack if he gets near her!). We are near Dundalk but are prepared to travel if necessary to find her a happy home :)

Apparently I can't post images but you have to see this little cutie. She has a lovely brindle cloak and a pure white chest, belly and legs. Probably no more than 8 weeks old.

• Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭Hildred

catjazz wrote: »
    Hi everyone.

My name is Catherine and I was very much hoping that you might be able to help me. I have been looking after two beautiful little jack russells that were abandoned two weeks and I am desperately trying to find them a home.They are absolutely wonderful dogs but every single shelter I've tried is full. I live in a very small place in the city (I'm also not allowed pets in my flat so its on the QT) otherwise I would keep them myself in a heartbeat.

They are mother and son Jake and Maggie. We believe Maggie is about three and Jake about 1. Maggie is house trained, Jake is not quite there yet. He was hopeless when he first came to us but in the last few weeks has had hardly any accidents and is doing very well. We had them both neutered, vaccinated and micro chipped and they are healing very well. In fact I removed their cones last night and they've been great not licking the wounds, etc. They are inseparable and it would be wonderful if we could keep them together as you would almost think that they are Siamese twins. If this is absolutely impossible, of course my concern to get them into loving homes is greater than my concern to keep them together.

I'm very worried about them. My place is just too small and I'm bringing them for 8 walks a day just to keep them stimulated. They honestly and truly are the two sweetest little dogs I have ever encountered and that really is saying something. They spend all their time snuggling eachother and licking eachother (and everyone else) They are very nervous at the moment meeting new people but there is no-one that hasn't won them over after a few minutes and become a new best friend. They are incredibly affectionate and have me and my boyfriend in stitches laughing all day long. Anyone any contacts for rehoming?

Thank you!

Hi Catherine, thanks for your kindness to these two poor babes! Have you googled rescues in Ireland? Or done a search on Facebook for animal rescues? There are oodles of them! You'll find one someplace!

Also, most of the rescues will allow you to post on their Facebook pages looking for a home for your pets. They allow you this facility, but have no other obligation to you or the animal. The rescue I foster for does this for genuine people who don't want to use the likes of Done Deal, etc.

There's a rescue in Kerry that seems to be coming in for some flak from a dissenting group of the public, but Suzanne will not leave a dog to die in Kerry Pound and they take in strays, etc., possibly to the point of overcrowding, but the dogs are safe until rehomed afaik.

I know of many rescues in the west who will take the animal if at all possible, or otherwise will allow you to advertise on their pages.

I'll be happy to do a search on google/Facebook and get you some contact names here in the west if you're interested. Send me a PM if you are. :)

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,767 Mod ✭✭✭✭DBB

PucaMama and Hildred,
    I've deleted a couple of your posts, as this is not a thread for discussions or debates.
    If you have a problem with a post, report it please.
    Do not reply to this post on thread.
    Thanks,
    DBB

• Registered Users Posts: 2 catjazz

Hi Hildred,

Thank you so much for your helpful response. We have indeed been in contact with just about every shelter, sanctuary, foster family, you name it in the country! We have driven all over the country and have been let down by a few bad eggs, too unfortunately. Everyone had been very kind to share their pictures thousands of times on facebook and after nearly three weeks of no sleep, we have lined up some home visits for a few families who are all willing to give them a loving home as a pair so I will update you if we are successful in the next few days. We have been let down so many times in the last few weeks that we don't want to get our hopes up too much but we're hoping Jake and Maggie will have a happy ending after all. I did not come back to this thread as I thought the first response was a quite unhelpful, especially as we have done everything in our power to give these dogs a future. If I had known the people in the thread would be so selective about who they would help we wouldn't have bothered anyone. So apologies from our end! We don't know what the deleted comments said but we don't particularly care as we have these little doggies to worry about. Thanks again everyone!

• Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭Hildred

catjazz wrote: »
    Hi Hildred,

Thank you so much for your helpful response. We have indeed been in contact with just about every shelter, sanctuary, foster family, you name it in the country! We have driven all over the country and have been let down by a few bad eggs, too unfortunately. Everyone had been very kind to share their pictures thousands of times on facebook and after nearly three weeks of no sleep, we have lined up some home visits for a few families who are all willing to give them a loving home as a pair so I will update you if we are successful in the next few days. We have been let down so many times in the last few weeks that we don't want to get our hopes up too much but we're hoping Jake and Maggie will have a happy ending after all. I did not come back to this thread as I thought the first response was a quite unhelpful, especially as we have done everything in our power to give these dogs a future. If I had known the people in the thread would be so selective about who they would help we wouldn't have bothered anyone. So apologies from our end! We don't know what the deleted comments said but we don't particularly care as we have these little doggies to worry about. Thanks again everyone!

Fingers, toes, the lot! crossed that Jake and Maggie will find their furever soon. If you don't have any luck, get back to me by pm and I'll try to pull a few (heart) strings around here. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭JayIre

My friend has 3 year old St Bernard that's looking for a good home. Friendly family dog, good with kids. Moving house and sadly can't take the dog. Lovely dog

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,767 Mod ✭✭✭✭DBB

JayIre wrote: »
    My friend has 3 year old St Bernard that's looking for a good home. Friendly family dog, good with kids. Moving house and sadly can't take the dog. Lovely dog

Hi Jaylre,
    Is this Saint male or female? Neutered? Vaccinated, chipped etc?
    Any idea of behaviour around other dogs?

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭JayIre

DBB wrote: »
    Hi Jaylre,
    Is this Saint male or female? Neutered? Vaccinated, chipped etc?
    Any idea of behaviour around other dogs?

Sorry, I could've been more specific.
    3 year old male Saint Bernard.
    Vaccinated and chipped.
    He grew up with a Jack Russell and is good around other dogs.

• Advertisement

I found this lovely little fella on a road in the middle of the night a few weeks back, he's now about 9 weeks, wormed, litter trained and ready for his new home. (Had one lined up but they changed their mind) he's very friendly and playful, loves my dogs and cats.

http://i61.tinypic.com/21b3zif.jpg

http://i60.tinypic.com/29fzevl.jpg

He's coming home to me tomorrow. :) He's called Henry now.

• Registered Users Posts: 661 ✭✭✭ncur

I found this lovely little fella on a road in the middle of the night a few weeks back, he's now about 9 weeks, wormed, litter trained and ready for his new home. (Had one lined up but they changed their mind) he's very friendly and playful, loves my dogs and cats.
    reallyrose wrote: »
    He's coming home to me tomorrow. :) He's called Henry now.

If I could thank these posts multiple times, I would. Great to see Henry finds a home through Boards.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 cygnusx02

I posted last week about a wee kitten that was left abandoned on the side of the road in the middle of the night. We've taken her in, she's such a sweet little thing, and we would love to keep her, but our dogs aren't exactly cat-friendly (and we're in rented accommodation - the landlord won't approve!)

She's probably about 8 weeks old (but I'm no expert!), is very playful and friendly, is litter-trained and too gorgeous for words.

We're near Dundalk but will travel if necessary to find her a happy forever home. We would really rather not have to go the shelter route.

Thanks,
    Carla

10h16o0.jpgjr37u8.jpgp0f2o.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 824 ✭✭✭magicmushroom

Hi everyone

I very sadly and reluctantly need to find new, loving homes for my 2 adult cats.

Molly is 4, a small white and dark grey girl. Neutered. Very gentle and a bit shy around other cats, she would suit a quiet home with no other pets and probably no children. Loves a good head rub and is very, very friendly.
    Full of purrs and will follow you all around the house, she particularly enjoys sitting on the side of the bath and playing with the bubbles!
    A big kitten at heart, give her a piece of string and she'll be happy for hours :-)

Alby is 2 and a gorgeous little tabby boy. Neutered. A real cuddle monster, loves nothing more than getting as close as possible for belly rubs and kisses. I've never known a cat so affectionate! Loves to be outside exploring. Will snuggle up on your lap for hours purring away. Would be good with children as he is so gentle and likes to play.

Both have been with me since they were babies. Both are neutered and well trained to use a litter tray.

Do not need to be homed together.
    If you would like further info or pictures, please PM me.

I'm based in Duleek, Meath but I am willing to travel.

• Registered Users Posts: 716 ✭✭✭sue97

JayIre wrote: »
    Sorry, I could've been more specific.
    3 year old male Saint Bernard.
    Vaccinated and chipped.
    He grew up with a Jack Russell and is good around other dogs.

Hi JayIre

Is this dog still looking for a new home? I would be very interested in helping him out. Where is he based?

We have shared our house with a Newfoundland for the past 5 years, so we are very familiar with giant breeds. Sadly, our pet had to be PTS due to health issues, and we are heartbroken without him.

If this guy is looking for a home, and we can help him, that would be great.

Thanks,

Sue

• Registered Users Posts: 618 ✭✭✭CrazySka

Hi All,
    Very sadly I'm having to re-home my Staffordshire terrier,
    Her name is Meg, she's about 4 years old and is the best most friendly and good natured dog I've ever had, she is however very excitable but is trained to sit, lie down, give the paw, stay etc, shes great on walks and doesnt pull on the lead at all, her recall is excellent, put a lot of work into that :)
    Her nails are quite sharp regardless of how much she is walked is her only downside :)
    She's probably best suited to a one dog household and I would love to see her go somewhere where she would get lots of attention and exercise.
    Forced to re-home her due to a fairly sudden change in living situation, let me know if any questions, please PM me.
    Pics here:
    https://www.dropbox.com/sc/9tciyhebohm4k4m/AABxkbPt_5isIMQLlUz9X-MBa
    Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 538 ✭✭✭Hunter456

Hi all

Looking to re-home my Jack Russell terriers unfortunately these dogs are not getting the attention they need due to other commitments going on, i would love if they were re-homed as a pair these ladies have being together since puppy stage, also they were reared with children and a Samoyed husky very friendly and soft nature dogs.

Peppin is 5 years old
    w70m87.png

Princess is 5years old
    30cwp01.png

• Registered Users Posts: 286 ✭✭fathead82

I'm looking for a good home for a ginger kitten about 12 weeks old. She was found a few weeks ago in very bad condition. She's very friendly and gets on well with my other cats. It would be great to see her go to a home with a similar aged kitten for company.ideally she would be a house cat as she has a habit of getting into car engines which is probably how she got lost in the first place.

• Registered Users Posts: 608 ✭✭✭Cocolola

Hey guys. I'm hoping someone can give a home to a special little cat or can help with finding one.

I found Mr. Pus aka Picatsso over a month ago whilst my partner was purchasing car parts from one of his neighbours. As soon as I spotted the poor cratur huddled on the doorstep I knew I couldn't leave him there, he was in an awful state. The man said that the cat had strayed into their garden a couple of months ago and that he'd been feeding him ham every so often.

Anyway he had a horrible neck wound and honestly, I've never smelt anything SO disgusting in all my life, he was just rotting away. Called in the big guns i.e. my sister to come and try to capture him and after two attempts over many hours we finally got him.

My sister has spent the last few weeks doing an incredible job of nursing him back to health but unfortunately she's not in a position to keep him. She already has 8 and they are just NOT taking to him.

Also she got him neutered about a week ago and sad to say he was diagnosed with feline AIDS while at the vets. This would be fine except for the resident cats and there was an incident today where one of them attacked him and completely reopened his neck wound. Now there's a very real chance that they're going to contract AIDS too.

So we're looking for someone who can offer him a home where he'll be an indoor-only cat with no other cats. He was definitely a pet before life took a turn for him and he's a very friendly and sweet cat who just wants to hang out with his humans :)

He's had previous injuries, especially to his face so he's not conventionally handsome but I think he's beautiful!

Links to his pics here. WARNING Some of them are graphic, depicting his open neck wound.

21768595426_dde80d03f9.jpg

P.S sorry about the quality of the pics.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,344 ✭✭✭Diamond Doll

Ah god, the poor kitty. :( I'd so love to take him in and give him a good home, unfortunately I'm renting and will possibly be moving in a few months, so I just wouldn't be able to. Really hope you get somewhere sorted for him soon though!

Advertisement