Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

*REHOMING thread* (Once off requests only)

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,468 ✭✭✭✭OldNotWIse

Someone I know has set up a webpage to try to rehome their two cats. Is it ok for me to post a link to this?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,463 ✭✭✭fifib

fifib wrote: »
    she has cats also and loses 1 at least every fortnight and drivers don't even stop!

I can't help with the dogs but I had to comment on this bit. If you're losing a cat every fortnight then it's time to bring them inside or create a more secure outdoor environment.

I know things are probably tough with all the dogs but how many more cats need to die?!
    missed this comment sorry...the cats are mostly feral and come and go between the houses nearby and the farms. most of them live in the hay shed down the road and appear on my mothers kitchen window every morning and evening to be fed. taking them indoors is not an option as she cannot catch half of them, although she has got 1 inside now who got hit and had to have leg amputated, hes adjusting to the indoor life quite well :) the environment is as secure as we can make it. we cannot stop them getting out onto the road unfortunately
    anyways still have 5 beautiful dogs for rehoming :)

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators, Regional North Mods, Regional West Moderators, Regional South East Moderators, Regional North East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 8,032 CMod ✭✭✭✭Gaspode

Thanks for all the suggestions guys - just to add that the cats are my wifes not mine so I've no idea of vet details, I've never been. I personally don't particularly have much interest in pets but I certainly don't wish them any harm and really want to see them sorted out. They are good cats really and none of this is their fault so why should they suffer as a result.
    AuBts8ml.jpg

vm7kEjWh.jpg

AcNPSObh.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 472 ✭✭janmaree

They're a pair of beauties, there's something so elegant about cats that belies their playfulness and humour. I really wish you all the best of luck, it must be really upsetting for your wife. Any chance you could arrange with the new place that they could come with you and stay until you find new homes for them? At least you'd have more time to sort things out. Fingers crossed for you all. J.

• Registered Users Posts: 838 ✭✭✭sdp

Hi, Neighbour looking to re home her little dog , she is microchipped and neutered ,about three years old, very happy little girl, good with other dogs and children, good on lead, she loves playing, would need to be a house dog with a secure garden, as she has a tendency to roam.. I have been helping out with walking her, owner just can't manage her any more, if anyone interested please p.m Many thanks

[IMG][/img]6zr441.jpg[IMG][/img]fygw0i.jpg
    [IMG][/img]2exu69e.jpg
    [IMG]http://[/img]210j8js.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,712 ✭✭✭Deagol

Hi, I have a very well adjusted indoor bunny for rehoming. He / She (we think a she) is just coming up on a year old. Not yet been neutered / spayed.

She is very friendly and used to being handled, a bit of a character with tons of energy (as can be seen from the picture!). Like all rabbits, she's not suitable for a child's pet!

Comes with a large indoor cage and water bottle etc.

She needs the company of her own kind once neutered / spayed, bunnies must have company. She will need to be let out daily for a run around, she cannot live in the cage 24/7.

I will only let her go to the right person so don't be offended if I ask some questions.

If interested please PM me.

Hi guys, my mum has 5 Collie/lab dogs - 2yrs old now. we tried desperately to rehome them when they were puppies but only managed to find 1 a home. we asked our local rescues for help also but they wanted to send them to UK - maybe this is all legit but at time it made us feel uneasy. they're lovely dogs and my mum loves them to bits (we all do) but they have obviously grown full size and have taken over her home, garden and garage and shes struggling to cope now.  theres also a risk on the road we live on - its basically a rat run in the morning and evening and shes constantly worried one will get out from garden and get knocked down. she has cats also and loses 1 at least every fortnight and drivers don't even stop!
    there's 2 males and 3 females. all vaccinated and females are neutered. we still have the mother dog - she was pet/farm dog for an elderly relative of ours that we kept when he moved into a nursing home. she is also a very placid friendly dog. 
    were based in galway
    PM me if your interested :)
    Hi all, we successfully rehomed one of the dogs to a lovely couple at the weekend, thanks to this thread and site :) 
    So just to update..... there are 3 beautiful dogs (2 male, 1 female) still looking for new homes. (my mum has decided to keep one of them herself) 
    PM me for more info :)

• Registered Users Posts: 357 ✭✭Bored Accountant

Hi all, we successfully rehomed one of the dogs to a lovely couple at the weekend, thanks to this thread and site :) 
    So just to update..... there are 3 beautiful dogs (2 male, 1 female) still looking for new homes. (my mum has decided to keep one of them herself) 

Thanks a mill fifib. 'Rusty' is gorgeous and her and Bridie have become best of friends. Thick as thieves together.

Thanks a mill fifib. 'Rusty' is gorgeous and her and Bridie have become best of friends. Thick as thieves together.
    Thank you so much for the update and pics Bored Accountant. My mum will be delighted to know hes settled in perfectly and got a new best friend. Bridie is gorgeous too!

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,218 Mod ✭✭✭✭godtabh

Deagol wrote: »
    Hi, I have a very well adjusted indoor bunny for rehoming. He / She (we think a she) is just coming up on a year old. Not yet been neutered / spayed.

She is very friendly and used to being handled, a bit of a character with tons of energy (as can be seen from the picture!). Like all rabbits, she's not suitable for a child's pet!

Comes with a large indoor cage and water bottle etc.

She needs the company of her own kind once neutered / spayed, bunnies must have company. She will need to be let out daily for a run around, she cannot live in the cage 24/7.

I will only let her go to the right person so don't be offended if I ask some questions.

If interested please PM me.

How soon are you looking to re-home?

I am moving house shortly with a big back garden etc and would be interested. Had two lop ear rabbits for about 6 years before they both died. Well used to looking after them!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,767 Mod ✭✭✭✭DBB

Hi all,
    Not for me, but I'm on the lookout for a very lovely dog! Looks are not top of the list, but this dog must be absolutely bombproof, needs to be a wiggly, waggly, unconditionally affectionate pooch that wouldn't hurt a fly. You know the type I mean :o
    A younger dog preferably, male or female, preferably small to medium but if the temperament is right, size isn't the main concern either.
    Preferably not a restricted breed either... But this is only because of the stoopid laws restricting them and the impositions they cause, not because of any preconceptions the hopeful owners have.
    This dog will go to a fabulous indoor home and will be loved inside-out. The kids are teenagers so no tiny tots to have to contend with.
    Just posting here in the hopes that any of ye involved in rescue have the perfect pooch waiting in the wings!
    PM me if you've any ideas :)

• Registered Users Posts: 17,736 ✭✭✭✭kylith

Please keep ears pricked for word of a ****zu looking for a good home. Middle aged would be fine. The lady in question recently lost her companion of many years and has oodles of experience with the breed. Never would there be a dog so pampered.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Pennymonster24

TWO MALE CHINCHILLAS
    Hi, I’m in the midlands. Due to a 2nd successive baby on the way I need to rehome two male chin’s. Both 10 years old and have had there own big cage since they were babies. They’ve had the spare bedroom all that time which is chin friendly and we let them out every night for an hour to let them explore and get there sand bath. There not a pet ‘pet’ as they don’t like to be handled and just like to chill and do their own thing. They’ve never been sick and have been looked after so well. I’ve tried a few pet farms etc over the last few months but no joy as their not a petting pet as I said. If any one can help me out or point me in the right direction I would much appreciate it. Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Lambchops0

Hello,

Sadly I need to rehome my 2 cats, They are not getting on with my baby and unfortunately, my child must now come first.

They are lovely cats boy and girl about 6 years old. The girl is very loving and gentle and himself is a loveable little doofus.

Available ASAP in cork.

Thank you

• Registered Users Posts: 1,305 ✭✭✭Joshua J

Looking to rehome a lovely little kitten. Ad here: https://www.adverts.ie/cats/cat/14946704

• Registered Users Posts: 3,801 ✭✭✭iamtony

Not really rehomeing but just wondering if anyone would be interested in a baby rabbit in 6 weeks time. Our two rabbits just had 5 or 6 kits. We normally give them to the pet shop in exchange for some food or whatever but I just thought if I could find a good home for any of them first to fellow animal lovers I'd rather see them going their, for free of course.
    Pic attached is what previous litters looked like and the parents. Thanks.

P. S if this isn't allowed here apologies and feel free to remove.

• Registered Users Posts: 207 ✭✭murphf

iamtony wrote: »
    Not really rehomeing but just wondering if anyone would be interested in a baby rabbit in 6 weeks time. Our two rabbits just had 5 or 6 kits. We normally give them to the pet shop in exchange for some food or whatever but I just thought if I could find a good home for any of them first to fellow animal lovers I'd rather see them going their, for free of course.
    Pic attached is what previous litters looked like and the parents. Thanks.

P. S if this isn't allowed here apologies and feel free to remove.

Hia, congratulations on your babies they are so cute! Please do hold onto them til they are at least 8 weeks though as rabbits who leave Mum earlier than that often go on and develop tummy issues ... also please don’t give for free as there is a lot of dog baiting going on at the moment and people are taking free pets as bait 😱.. they are getting quite clever at it, sending the well dressed wives to fetch them etc 😢

If you’d like to offer them to other bunny lovers , there are a number of fb groups I can send you a list if you’d like to pm me.. best of luck!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,801 ✭✭✭iamtony

murphf wrote: »
    Hia, congratulations on your babies they are so cute! Please do hold onto them til they are at least 8 weeks though as rabbits who leave Mum earlier than that often go on and develop tummy issues ... also please don’t give for free as there is a lot of dog baiting going on at the moment and people are taking free pets as bait 😱.. they are getting quite clever at it, sending the well dressed wives to fetch them etc 😢

If you’d like to offer them to other bunny lovers , there are a number of fb groups I can send you a list if you’d like to pm me.. best of luck!
    Hi, I was told by the pet shop, which is a good one in fairness, that six weeks is fine but I do admit I read 8 weeks in the past. What I found is the mother gets fed up feeding them after about 6 weeks and she runs away from them when they try to suckle.
    I don't use Facebook but if you see anyone looking for one yourself feel free to put them on to me.
    I wouldn't stick them up on done deal or anything for free as I'm aware of the baiting situation. I though offering in an adoption thread meant it would only really be visible to a good bunch of people where I could view there posting history etc. I'll proceed with caution thanks for the info.

• Registered Users Posts: 207 ✭✭murphf

iamtony wrote: »
    Hi, I was told by the pet shop, which is a good one in fairness, that six weeks is fine but I do admit I read 8 weeks in the past. What I found is the mother gets fed up feeding them after about 6 weeks and she runs away from them when they try to suckle.
    I don't use Facebook but if you see anyone looking for one yourself feel free to put them on to me.
    I wouldn't stick them up on done deal or anything for free as I'm aware of the baiting situation. I though offering in an adoption thread meant it would only really be visible to a good bunch of people where I could view there posting history etc. I'll proceed with caution thanks for the info.

I’ve seen that too for sure with my own does .. but what’s happening there really is little ones can run after her and so are demanding constant feeding which they definitely do not need at that stage! Nevertheless their immune system is too immature to be away from Mum that early, so even if a bit of a pain for her it’ is better for them. No problem I’ll keep an ear out if you like, we run small animal boarding and often get contacted by people wanting other rehome or adopt and try and put them in touch with each other so do let me know if I can help :) I’m sure they’ll be snapped up they are so cute! I’m glad you know about the baiting .. it’s hirrific but I’ve talked to a lot of people recently who didn’t realize And were horrified 😢

• Registered Users Posts: 31 drafter

2 female guinea pigs 2 years old free to a good home . Please contact for details. Based in navan county Meath. Please click on the link below to find pic of both of them. Thanks for looking.

https://touch.adverts.ie/small-furries/guinea-pigs/15974249

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 42 Donaldboy25

Hi i am looking for good people willing to adopt a few pet mice i have 5 nursing mums dont have enough room for them all the first lot ready in 5 days there lovely colours all babys are handled so there young and used to been handled i am from offaly the babys are brown and white grey with a bit of white pure brown and pure grey there are 10 available in 5 days

• Registered Users Posts: 42 Donaldboy25

Hi guys anyone know of anyone willing to take pets i have 18 baby mice which werent planned i bought 4 mice off a petshop for my sister turns out 2 males 2 females ive already bought 3 more cages but cant afford to buy more need to rehome them or if noone willing to take some to seel some i have them up on adverts.ie gumtree.ie and donedeal anyone know of other sites

• Registered Users Posts: 3,553 ✭✭✭mymo

Hi guys anyone know of anyone willing to take pets i have 18 baby mice which werent planned i bought 4 mice off a petshop for my sister turns out 2 males 2 females ive already bought 3 more cages but cant afford to buy more need to rehome them or if noone willing to take some to seel some i have them up on adverts.ie gumtree.ie and donedeal anyone know of other sites
    Look on Facebook on the Irish fancy rat group page and you can join and ask on there, lots of people keep mice too on there.

• Registered Users Posts: 837 ✭✭✭crossmolinalad

Looking for rehome 8 Labrador collie pups
    Two brown white
    Two white black
    Two black white
    Two full black with a little white
    Pups are ready to go around 17th of September

• Registered Users Posts: 557 ✭✭✭IrishAlice

We have three stray kittens who have wandered into our garden and we are trying to rehome. Would anyone be interested?

We are based in Maynooth.

• Registered Users Posts: 837 ✭✭✭crossmolinalad

Looking for rehome 8 Labrador collie pups
    Two brown white
    Two white black
    Two black white
    Two full black with a little white
    Pups are ready to go around 17th of September

Sadly the beauties have to go this weekend , still nobody interested???
    Someone knows a good address in Mayo where I can go with them so I will be sure they will be going to a good warm and lovely home ??

• Registered Users Posts: 3,761 ✭✭✭Knine

Someone knows a good address in Mayo where I can go with them so I will be sure they will be going to a good warm and lovely home ??

Have none of them got homes yet? I don't think you will find too many rescues where you can drop of your responsibilities & expect them to find homes for so many. Are they microchipped & vaccinated/wormed?

How do you mean have to go?

• Registered Users Posts: 349 ✭✭in2dark

Any photos? How big will they become?

• Registered Users Posts: 243 ✭✭md323

Hello.
    Unfortunately due to us having to move from our rented accommodation we have to give up our Shi Tzu dog.
    We are unable to bring him with us as our new landlord doesnt allow pets.
    Im looking for some help, have no idea where I go to try get him rehoused.
    We are in the Limerick area.
    Thanks

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,767 Mod ✭✭✭✭DBB

md323 wrote: »
    Hello.
    Unfortunately due to us having to move from our rented accommodation we have to give up our Shi Tzu dog.
    We are unable to bring him with us as our new landlord doesnt allow pets.
    Im looking for some help, have no idea where I go to try get him rehoused.
    We are in the Limerick area.
    Thanks

Hi md323,
    Sorry to hear you've been put in such an awful situation... It seems to be so common these days in a very tough rental market.
    Can you tell us a bit more about your dog? Neutered? Age? Temperament? Likes/dislikes?
    :)

Advertisement