Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

tullow: soccerball for youngish veteran?

Options
  • 20-07-2009 2:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 16

ok, i've had a mooch round the web and i have of-course noticed where parkville play but can anyone advise me on which of the clubs in tullow (actually I wouldn't mind one of the nearby towns if needs be) I might, at the mighty age of 37, be able to pick up a game? heck, i might even go training if it's deemed absolutely necessary:D

mercy buckets

dexvaldo

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,602 ✭✭✭ShayK1

Parkville are back training this thursday at 7.15pm
    You'd be more than welcome to come along. Last year we'd 3 teams and the was a 35 year old playing on the 2nds. Think he hung up his boots this year though.

If you're paranoid about the age thing there is an over 35s league. It has 7 teams. Wolfhill, New Oak, Nurney, Thomastown, Killeshin, Stradbally and St Fiaccs.

Where are you from (or living?)

• Registered Users Posts: 16 dexxy

from dub, moved to tullow a couple of years ago. haven't played a full season since god knows when. might come down to parkville thursday- haven't yet decided how hung-up on age thing i am

you're welcome. Might see you there so.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 upthepark

word on the street in an over 35's team for Parkville for the 09-10 season

cool, they had one 2 or 3 years ago so it'd be great if they re-entered one.

• Advertisement

a parkville vets side would be ideal.

am i right in thinking that st. fiacc's in graiguenamanagh, carlow is the handiest (for tullow) of the seven teams that shayK1 kindly mentioned played in the over-35s last season?

• Registered Users Posts: 298 ✭✭mickos

dexxy wrote: »
    a parkville vets side would be ideal.

am i right in thinking that st. fiacc's in graiguenamanagh, carlow is the handiest (for tullow) of the seven teams that shayK1 kindly mentioned played in the over-35s last season?

St Fiaccs is in Graiguecullen. Of those teams mentioned New Oak would probably suit you best. They play in Carlow town close to the Fairgreen shopping centre. But if Parkville do get a team together that would probably be ideal.

Oh off topic, apoligies, but any word on a manager for Parkvilles premier team yet Shay?

• Registered Users Posts: 15,944 ✭✭✭✭Villain

Parkville are hoping to have over 35's this year, so anyone interested try and get as many as possible down Thursday night.

nice one, one and all. seems that i must get me arse down to parkville thursday eve. i'll be the one in the cheap new boots lookin that bit out of shape even to be a ref:D

nice one, one and all. seems that i must get me arse down to parkville thursday eve. i'll be the one in the cheap new boots lookin that bit out of shape even to be a ref:D
    Wait till you see some of the refs in the Carlow league!!!

• Advertisement

mickos wrote: »
    Oh off topic, apoligies, but any word on a manager for Parkvilles premier team yet Shay?

I haven't heard anything But I'll update you on Friday.

If you want to say Hello I'll be long haired one.

Sorry dexxy, I never thought to suggest this earlier but we're (we = a few boardsies) playing 5 aside tonight. You're more than welcome to join us.

Here's the thread:
    http://boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055581592&page=12

thanks for that, shayK1 - i saw that a wee bit late (this minute actually, and me sittin here in me jimjams already, waitin for the tour de france highlights at 9). will look in on that thread again, though.

got the new boots 'n all. they're here laughin at me...mockin and sayin: 'sure you're not goin to get off your lazy hole on thurs night at all, at all'. i am though, i am, i tell them and that seems to shut them up

• Registered Users Posts: 736 ✭✭✭Tom10

thanks for that, shayK1 - i saw that a wee bit late (this minute actually, and me sittin here in me jimjams already, waitin for the tour de france highlights at 9). will look in on that thread again, though.

got the new boots 'n all. they're here laughin at me...mockin and sayin: 'sure you're not goin to get off your lazy hole on thurs night at all, at all'. i am though, i am, i tell them and that seems to shut them up

Thinking you definitely should go - talking boots are not a good sign :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 194 ✭✭jake59

howya dexxy, i'm living in Tullow myself and from dublin. I went down to parkville last year and played a couple of matches with them before i did my cruciate in work and had to knock it on the head. they've a great set up down there, the lads are great and made me feel welcome. enjoy it and hopefully i'll see ye at training soometime before xmas.

good man, jake59- thanks a lot for that. your cruciate? jesus, best wishes for your speedy recovery

jake59 wrote: »
    howya dexxy, i'm living in Tullow myself and from dublin. I went down to parkville last year and played a couple of matches with them before i did my cruciate in work and had to knock it on the head. they've a great set up down there, the lads are great and made me feel welcome. enjoy it and hopefully i'll see ye at training soometime before xmas.

I was wondering what happened to you. Didn't hear about the injury. Hope you're better soon.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 upthepark

ShayK1 wrote: »
    Parkville are back training this thursday at 7.15pm
    You'd be more than welcome to come along. Last year we'd 3 teams and the was a 35 year old playing on the 2nds. Think he hung up his boots this year though.

If you're paranoid about the age thing there is an over 35s league. It has 7 teams. Wolfhill, New Oak, Nurney, Thomastown, Killeshin, Stradbally and St Fiaccs.

Where are you from (or living?)

What will training be like on Thursday? Easy, Hard, Very Hard? Its being a while since I played ball (watched a lot of games alrite)!!! whos doing the training?

Better find my boots now

First session isn't too hard but will be mostly fitness, Gary will be taking training AFAIK

• Closed Accounts Posts: 194 ✭✭jake59

I was wondering what happened to you. Didn't hear about the injury. Hope you're better soon.

cheers, going in next week for a bit more work on the knee. hopefully it will be right after that:D

• Advertisement

don't know about you dexxy but I'm bollix'd
    How did you find the training?

mickos wrote: »

Pat Horan

Pat Horan

I think his last name is Ronan

Villain wrote: »

oops

don't know about you dexxy but I'm bollix'd
    How did you find the training?

training? surprisingly unbad. playing centre half for a few minutes? absolutely appalling, both physically and morally:D

you slotted in nicely at left back, though

• Registered Users Posts: 298 ✭✭mickos

Villain wrote: »

Ah that makes more sense. I didn't know who Pat Horan was. Pat Ronan is an excellent manager. Was over the Oscar Traynors last year. Presume he still is this year. Should give Parkville every chance at the title this year.

training? surprisingly unbad. playing centre half for a few minutes? absolutely appalling, both physically and morally:D

you slotted in nicely at left back, though

you're kidding me?? I dunno if it was the humidity or just the general unfitness of it all but I thought I defended TERRIBLY!!

you're kidding me?? I dunno if it was the humidity or just the general unfitness of it all but I thought I defended TERRIBLY!!

Nope, nay kidding. and anyhoo, at least we didn't concede a goal in the first passage of play after you came on. holy fork!

there's consolation to be had though in that none of the boss's, eh, interesting words at half-time were levelled at us

how went things on planet p.ville last night, shay? i didn't get back from work 'til all hours last night so missed all the fun:eek:

• Advertisement

it wasn't great. Playing against 2 Irish international strikers is NOT fun. I played about 50 minutes and I was F*CKED!

Advertisement