Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Massey 265 gearbox seized

• 20-07-2009 2:28pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,865 ✭✭✭

Anybody know where I can get a second-hand gearbox for my massey265 or if anybody reconditions them at a reasonable price
    many thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 422 ✭✭marlyman

what exactly happened your old one?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,865 ✭✭✭BENDYBINN

something snaped in gearbox causing gears to jam up-tried to free it with levers ect but to no avail,also can see a couple of teeth broken on one gear-think the best option now would be to put in another gearbox

marlyman wrote: »
    can i have the old gearbox please if its scrap?
    yea if you take it out youcan have it

does that include fitting?

yes it does. it comes with a little packet with a sponge inside. the packet is marked "use if your an idiot or a smart arse". you put it in some water and it expands into a little mechanic who will magically do all the work for you.

smart arse ........
    Got a quote of 500sterling for a 4 speedbox in the north---so you know what to go and do with yourself!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 241 ✭✭Box09

Like your style Bendybinn:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20 Patrickhegart

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20 Patrickhegart

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 241 ✭✭Box09

Yeah Marlyman - seems like you have issues:confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,279 ✭✭✭snowman707

yes it does. it comes with a little packet with a sponge inside. the packet is marked "use if your an idiot or a smart arse". you put it in some water and it expands into a little mechanic who will magically do all the work for you.

smart arse ........

Do us a favour please, take your head out of your a""" hole & live in the real world.

We can all get by with out individuals like you, at the end of the day your smart comments are only harming your self.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 422 ✭✭marlyman

ok, sorry for pissing anyone off. i have no good reason to. i have removed the offensive posts. if you read any of my posts you will see its out of character.

here is a good tip - if you are going to do this youself and ou can cause its not hard, you will need a copy of the origional massey workshop manual. it will tell you how to do everything in a step by step guide. i cant do the hyperlink embedding thing so go to www.qtponline.com. click on resources and there you will see the 200's manual for free.

if anyone would like to remove my comments from their posts id appreciate it - i was an ass.

Thanks Marlyman for your pm, no hard feelings, thanks also for the useful website link

• Closed Accounts Posts: 161 ✭✭Mr.Success

Just thought i'd ask this. Does the massey 265 4 speed gearbox make the tractor slightly slower than the older 3 speed gearbox on the 165s,168s etc.
    I once seen a 165 pass out a 265 (it took it about a minute to eventually get in front) But it still was a fraction faster. The 165 had 30'' x 16.9 wheels and the 265 had 34'' x 16.9s. Keep in mind both tractors had their injector pumps well opened up and were doing at least 2000 RPMs

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,401 ✭✭✭reilig

Mr.Success wrote: »
    Just thought i'd ask this. Does the massey 265 4 speed gearbox make the tractor slightly slower than the older 3 speed gearbox on the 165s,168s etc.
    I once seen a 165 pass out a 265 (it took it about a minute to eventually get in front) But it still was a fraction faster. The 165 had 30'' x 16.9 wheels and the 265 had 34'' x 16.9s. Keep in mind both tractors had their injector pumps well opened up and were doing at least 2000 RPMs

I have a MF168 which is a 4 speed. Its definitely slower than other 168 which are 3 speed and a snail compared to a 168 with multi power. But the extra gear gives more options for working.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 161 ✭✭Mr.Success

reilig wrote: »
    I have a MF168 which is a 4 speed. Its definitely slower than other 168 which are 3 speed and a snail compared to a 168 with multi power. But the extra gear gives more options for working.

Ya the multipower really moves it on. i think the 168 and 265 have same engines aswell Perkins 4236.

Advertisement