Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Questions about golf i want to buy

• 20-07-2009 2:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 242 ✭✭

I want to buy a 99 golf tdi mk4.

There are 2 things that need to be fixed.

The first is the gearstick. The gearbox is perfect but it needs a new gearstick. Something to do with selectors.

How big a job is this to get changed ? and how much would parts cost.

Second thing is the ABS light is on. Why is this ? censor gone? needs new pads? Would this affect getting the nct?

Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,800 ✭✭✭voxpop

selector fork is new gearbox (well it can be fixed but means taking the gearbox apart so is usually cheaper to get a recon box)

Nct will fail on abs light.

• Registered Users Posts: 242 ✭✭SD1990

Thanks for reply. I thought it might fail on the light alright. Hopefully just a censor gone.

Ok , but the actual problem isnt the gearbox. Its just the gearstick is very loose?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 285 ✭✭vw4life

SD1990 wrote: »
    Thanks for reply. I thought it might fail on the light alright. Hopefully just a censor gone.

Ok , but the actual problem isnt the gearbox. Its just the gearstick is very loose?

could just be the floorshift unit,but them golfs do give alot of gearbox problems,get a mechanic to have a look at it before u buy

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 141 ✭✭amg-slurp

Could be selector rods, or cables depending on the year of the car. Think cables are about 90 each, usually only one gone.

Probably an ABS sensor gone, get it plugged into, get the fault read! Easy

Advertisement