Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

MS - Publisher question

Options
  • 20-07-2009 2:47pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 6

hi,
    I'm putting a site together using ms publisher. It was all going fine but my laptop was replaced with a new one half way throught building the site.

I saved the publisher file on a stick and just transferred it to the new laptop. I can open it as normal and make changes etc but hwen i go to the web page preview it won't display the navigation bars.

Also if i click the publish to web option it publishes without navigation bars.

Any ideas?

Tried starting from scratch with a basic file and the nav bars don't appear in the preview either - it was all fine on my other laptop

thanks for reading :-)

Jim

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭kdaly100

In the first place I would steer completely clear of using MS Publisher to create a site. It is not the ideal tool to create a web site, in fact it isnt even close to being a good tool for creating a web site.

I would think the root cause of your publisher problem is that the path to the nav bars has changed since you moved the file.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 417 ✭✭Tim M-U

your browser might be preventing you to view the links/nav... is there a bar (that usually isn't there) at the top area, when you try to preview. if so, right click, accept/allow 'whatever'!

as the above mensioned, i wouldn't use ms publisher for creating websites, id use some software like microsoft expression web 2, (for me it cost €70, becausea fatcow.com hosting customer)

hope this helps

• Closed Accounts Posts: 417 ✭✭Tim M-U

completly agree with kdaly100

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,163 ✭✭✭✭Liam Byrne

OP, would you use a hammer to put in a screwdriver ? It'll put it in alright, but it's the completely wrong tool to use.

Advertisement