Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Thinking of changing from U.TV

Options
  • 20-07-2009 2:49pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,803 ✭✭✭

I'm thinking of changing my current ISP. I only have other Eircom resellers available to me becuse of my location. I find U.TV download limits are quite small. Yes I know there is a surcharge if you want "unlimited" but I really don't download that much but I find 12gb to be quite lean most months. Ideally 20+ GB is fine.

How is Eircom for gaming? I'm currently on UTV 3mb package.

Also now I've looked into cancelling I see that U.TV have a charge.. While I understand this if you have been less than the contract length I think its really bad when you have been with them over 12 months. It actually gets rid of any incentive they gave you, like free month etc when you signed up. They also ask for the free router back.

Do other ISPs do this, ask for router back and charge you a fee for changing? I don't recall ever paying it previously with BT/Eircom.

X

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 254 ✭✭r_obric

Xcellor wrote: »
    I'm thinking of changing my current ISP. I only have other Eircom resellers available to me becuse of my location. I find U.TV download limits are quite small. Yes I know there is a surcharge if you want "unlimited" but I really don't download that much but I find 12gb to be quite lean most months. Ideally 20+ GB is fine.

How is Eircom for gaming? I'm currently on UTV 3mb package.

Also now I've looked into cancelling I see that U.TV have a charge.. While I understand this if you have been less than the contract length I think its really bad when you have been with them over 12 months. It actually gets rid of any incentive they gave you, like free month etc when you signed up. They also ask for the free router back.

Do other ISPs do this, ask for router back and charge you a fee for changing? I don't recall ever paying it previously with BT/Eircom.

X

where are you based?
    From what i know eircom dont look for the router back, you have a 6 months contract with them,

how long was the contract with UTV?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,803 ✭✭✭Xcellor

r_obric wrote: »
    where are you based?
    From what i know eircom dont look for the router back, you have a 6 months contract with them,

how long was the contract with UTV?

I'll be coming up to 7 months with U.TV

I don't really mind returning the router although I don't like when they call it FREE. If anything they are providing free rental. The cancellation fee is what annoys me.

Based in Longford.

• Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,121 Mod ✭✭✭✭byte
    byte

Smart maybe? They're an eircom bitstream reseller now too.

Advertisement