Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Yoga/Pilates in Town

• 20-07-2009 3:10pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 767 ✭✭✭

Well,
    Anyone know where to do either of the above on a Tuesday or Thursday in town as need to work on my flexibility for Brazilian Jiu Jitsu and grappling.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,418 ✭✭✭BIG-SLICK-POKER

New place down by the Park Opening

The old Bookmakers across from the 3 Ships pub

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 431 ✭✭1967

Almost certain there is a yoga class every tuesday in Spirit just ring the leisure centre they can tell you times

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 97 ✭✭burrenyoga

If you are looking for yoga classes in your local area, you can click on 'teachers' on the bottom menu bar of www.burrenyoga.com and enter in your County and click 'search'.

Many people don't realize that there are many forms of yoga out there, which range from gentle yoga to very strong energetic yoga.

To learn more about the main different types of yoga taught in Ireland, you can read more at

http://www.burrenyoga.com/courses-classes/what-type-of-yoga-is-best-for-me.html

If you are looking for good quality yoga teachers including bikram yoga, then you may like to consider a weekend yoga course at the Burren Yoga and Meditation Centre.

There is a full list of weekend courses for the Autumn listed at
    http://www.burrenyoga.com/courses-classes/calendar-retreats-holidays.html

Dave

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,455 ✭✭✭anplaya

kingfisher gym has times and dates of classes they do on the notice board in reception,pretty sure theyre on it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 coolmadona

Hi Odats,

there is a good range of Yoga classes that will suit your dates-Tuesday and Thursday in Spirit Leisure centre in the heart of Waterford.

Tuesday-Yoga for wellbeing.A very good practice for you as you are training Ju-jitsu,working on core strength,stamina,flexibility leaving you happy and energized. 7.15-8.15pm.

Thursday- Evening Chill out.A calming,relaxing Yoga which focuses on lenghtening and flexing your harmstrings,calves,easing off tired hips and shoulders while at the same time working with the mind to provide an oasis of peace in our hectic world. 8.15-9.15pm

Hope that helps you.
    Dagmar.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 601 ✭✭✭lester76

I think this would be also helpful to me as a horse rider as felxability is a must and im stiff as a board:eek::eek: can barely touch me toes must days:D think il look into this good thread

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 coolmadona

Yes,for you as horse rider is Yoga so vital part of your cross training in order to create more balance and sense of ease in your muscles.

Another great benefit to Yoga is it's relaxing effect.I don't know whether you are professional jockey,but you certainly can relate to the feeling of performace anxiety before your match or sense of being run down.Yoga has a tremendous impact on our nervou system,leaving us calm,peaceful and completely relaxed.

The classes in Spirit are genuinely very good.

Advertisement