Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Audio Warehouse Recording Show

Options
  • 20-07-2009 3:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7,790 ✭✭✭

I'm in the early stages of organising a Recording Show at Peter Maher's Middlewalk facility near Nenagh Co.Tipp.

www.myspace.com/middlewalk

We did one a couple of years ago at the Nutshed Studio which was very successful.

I'm inviting representatives from all the companies we deal with to attend with their tackle for you to try, critisise, query, lust after, take the pizz out of, as you see fit.

Like a Noah on his Audio Ark, I'm also trying to get 2 of everything to attend i.e. 2 Console Manufacturers, 2 Mic Makers, 2 Monitors Makers in search of some sort of balance of different views.

I'm also inviting some well known Acoustic Designers and Engineers for you to quiz.

I'm aiming for mid to late August.

Any views or ideas ?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 229 ✭✭bedbugs

Just that it sounds great! Best of luck with it. I'm up to me eyes all of August, but I'd love to go down.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 650 ✭✭✭Aridstarling

I'd probably be up for this, sounds like a great idea. Hope I have the time.

• Registered Users Posts: 801 ✭✭✭PMI

Sounds like a cool day im up for it....

28 gigs in August but F*** it Ill sleep when im dead :D

• Registered Users Posts: 7,790 ✭✭✭PaulBrewer

So far we have confirmations from SSL, Audient and sE Electronics.

• Registered Users Posts: 261 ✭✭danjokill

Brill ........ keep us posted

• Advertisement

Munro Acoustics are on board too.

Chris Walls who designed U2's new Dublin room will be coming over.
    I'll be twisting his arm to do a presentation regarding acoustics in the home studio.

http://munro.co.uk/

Vovox cables and Adams Monitors will be there too.

Any refinement on the mid to late August date? I just want to make sure i'm free that day .

Cheers

Could be Wednesday the 26th August

PaulBrewer wrote: »
    Could be Wednesday the 26th August

:-)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 292 ✭✭shayleon

Keeping the 26th free. Keep me updated if there are any changes.
    cheers.

Will do !

Particularly interested in the Acoustics side of this, hopefully will be able to make it down.

Yes, Chris Walls from Munro Acoustics is a great guy and Middlewalk is a terrific example of what's possible.

It can also relate directly to the home situation , if only as a actual example of some of the things we discuss here.

Manley are on board now, too.

Yes, Chris Walls from Munro Acoustics is a great guy and Middlewalk is a terrific example of what's possible.

It can also relate directly to the home situation , if only as a actual example of some of the things we discuss here.

I'll probably be smack bang in the middle of building a new live room and renovating my control room so its pretty perfect timing.

I'll probably be smack bang in the middle of building a new live room and renovating my control room so its pretty perfect timing.

Might be worth delaying it a couple of weeks !

Likewise planning on revamping the acoustic's in the contol room ........ Mr. Brewer just like a swiss watch this has come up!

Chris will be over in a couple of weeks for some site visits - PM me your details and lets see can we organise a meeting ?

It will only be in the preliminary stage by then, some chalk lines and the odd piece of timber!
    Chris will be over in a couple of weeks for some site visits - PM me your details and lets see can we organise a meeting ?

Will do, I'm not far from yon Nutshed.

• Advertisement

Will do, I'm not far from yon Nutshed.

No .... believe me ..... everyone is a long way off The Nutshed ;)

Dirk Brauner from Brauner mics will be over too .

I'm very pleased about this -

Dirk has a presentation that he's prepared that he's been going around the German SEA schools for the last while.

We'd spoken about him coming here before to do this and now seems the ideal time.

http://www.brauner-microphones.de/en/

AMS - Neve are on board now to, possibly with the Genesys Console.
    Details to follow.

Wednesday September 2nd is now the (virtually) confirmed Show Date !

Also confirmed to attend is Rupert Cobbe, Musician, Engineer and Mixer for the Live at Abbey Road TV series, Logic and Pro Tools Beta Tester and charming eccentric.

Rupert will be the Ring Master on the day ....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,408 ✭✭✭studiorat

Like a Noah on his Audio Ark, I'm also trying to get 2 of everything to attend i.e. 2 Console Manufacturers, 2 Mic Makers, 2 Monitors Makers in search of some sort of balance of different views.

It may interest some here, but Noah actually took seven of every clean animal and only two of every unclean animal...

Of every clean beast thou shalt take to thee seven and seven, the male and his female; and of the beasts that are not clean two, the male and his female

Obviously this would suggest pro-audio manufacturers are pigs and reptiles and the like!!! Amen...

I think Wolsey White Hard-Fi's producer will be attending too. Awaiting Confirmation.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 377 ✭✭henessjon

window shopping allowed?

henessjon wrote: »
    window shopping allowed?

Of course - I won't have anything to actually sell on the day.
    You were at the SSL one in Westland so you know how the buzz goes.

Heap 'o' Geeks in a room ....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,180 ✭✭✭Seziertisch

Might it not be an idea to try and maybe get some talent to record. No better way to showcase what something can or can't do than to try and achieve some results with it.

Advertisement