Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Audio Warehouse Recording Show

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,790 ✭✭✭PaulBrewer

Too many people around for that I'm afraid ....

We may turn the live room into another control room if Audient/Digi/Neve bring what they're thinking of

• Registered Users Posts: 1,180 ✭✭✭Seziertisch

I wasn't suggesting a whole band but a singer wouldn't be bad.

Maybe we should do a Geek-a-Thon on the Thursday 3rd. Lads can plug in their drives and scoot off a mix or the guitar cable shoot-out we spoke of before ...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 377 ✭✭henessjon

PaulBrewer wrote: »
    Maybe we should do a Geek-a-Thon on the Thursday 3rd. Lads can plug in their drives and scoot off a mix or the guitar cable shoot-out we spoke of before ...

yes thats more like it... dont know how cable shoot out works..

nominate someone to take along a project....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,180 ✭✭✭Seziertisch

Reamping is the way to go for a cable shoot out. Guaranteed same performance every time. In my own experience I haven't found that different performances make the differences in cables less audible, but there are those that would say that it completely alters things.

• Advertisement

Mike from www.RecordProduction.com will be over to the show too, and doing some video interviews for the Website with Phil Hayes of Bell X1 fame and hopefully our own Tweeky.

Mike's day job is with SSL.

Also likely to be in attendance is Sam Wetmore, one of the designers of the Matrix, AWS and Duality.

Rupert Cobb who will be visiting our show just sent me this link -

It's the Abbey Road session we visited last week.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p9y9E-sYLYY

On drums is Peter Van Hooke who played drums with Van Morrison for 12 albums in the 70s and was the brains behind the 'Live at Abbey Road' Tv Series.

On bass is Steve Pearce who played on .... well have a look ...
    http://www.myspace.com/stevepearcebass

• Registered Users Posts: 1,472 ✭✭✭Rockshamrover

Rupert Cobb who will be visiting our show just sent me this link -

It's the Abbey Road session we visited last week.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5-HSFvbQcD8

On drums is Peter Van Hook who played drums with Van Morrison for 12 albums in the 70s and was the brains behind the 'Live at Abbey Road' Tv Series.

On bass is Steve Pearce who played on .... well have a look ...
    http://www.myspace.com/stevepearcebass

Steve Pearce, I just had a look at the link. That guy has worked with EVERYBODY.

Were you just observing the session or were you involved in some way?

Steve Pearce, I just had a look at the link. That guy has worked with EVERYBODY.

Were you just observing the session or were you involved in some way?

Well I did move one mic once .... So I was engineering ...;)

Well I did move one mic once .... So I was engineering ...;)

The minimalist approach to mic placement:)

That's a big room they did the song in. Was it all done with everyone playing together or was that just for the video?

• Advertisement

The minimalist approach to mic placement:)

That's a big room they did the song in. Was it all done with everyone playing together or was that just for the video?

That's Abbey Road Studio 2 where most of the Beatles stuff was done.
    The band went down together against a click - the video is footage of the actual takes.

Part of the reason they used an SM7 on the vocal was rejection of drums etc.

I just noticed - that's Joe who owns The Nutshed in the control room window as the band come down the stairs ...

Correction ' All the things you never say' is a complete take , there was no click on that one.

That's Abbey Road Studio 2 where most of the Beatles stuff was done.
    The band went down together against a click - the video is footage of the actual takes.

Part of the reason they used an SM7 on the vocal was rejection of drums etc.

I just noticed - that's Joe who owns The Nutshed in the control room window as the band come down the stairs ...

Correction ' All the things you never say' is a complete take , there was no click on that one.

That's probably unusual now, altogether with no click.

Fair play Paul, you certainly get around.

Tim Vine-Lott , technical director of Air Lyndhurst Studio (formerly owned by Sir George Martin) will be over to do a Presentation on Air and the importance of maintenance.

He's a great guy who loves his gig !

Avid (Digidesign) will be there at the Show now too with a D-Control , HD3 system on RM2 monitors.

As the Recording room in Middlewalk has similar characteristics to the Control Room we'll setup the 'Live' room as another control room which should be pretty cool !

Here's ole Logictoolbox Rupert blowing his own Trumpet.

http://www.youtube.com/user/logictoolbox#play/all/uploads-all/0/oEdtj9O8syg

Come and meet him on Sept. 2nd in Nenagh!

He says he definitely won't have any Live at Abbey Road Multi-tracks, so he won't ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,245 ✭✭✭old gregg

Bonoestante,
    just seeing this and would totally be up for travelling up for anything that's going on cos it sounds cool.

sadly (or happily as the case may be), not on the interweb as much of late as am rehearsing for (a hopefully career changing) festival date (that's being recorded for a proposed live release) in Transylvania next week.

Anyway, would love to live and learn a little about some hopefully future purchases and meet a few folks along the way.

Mick

Zenon Schoepe Editor of Resolution Magazine has just confirmed his attendance.

This looks like it's going to be great.

I hope anyone who is serious about recording (as opposed to posting about it, yea ?;) ) can make it.

It's going to be a great opportunity to hear some great material through great gear worked on by great guys - as well as talk to ( and Listen to !) the guys who build the stuff !

Here's some good news for the Electronic Music Enthusiasts ....

On the second day of our Show (Thursday Sept. 3rd) Barry Dempsey, co-owner of Virtu Studio and School will be down with us to do some demonstrating of both Electronic Music Making Software and Techniques.

Hopefully some Dance guys can make it down.

If you want to bring some of your own tracks down and listen to them on a very hi-fi full range system as well as hopefully learn something get down there !

• Registered Users Posts: 3,245 ✭✭✭old gregg

that sounds tres groovy Paul.

I'd forgotten about this!

Rupert Neve did a little video for us for our last show .... here it is.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RpHmHYxczG4

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 292 ✭✭shayleon

is there a person you don't know Paul ? ;)
    Impressive :)!

shayleon wrote: »
    is there a person you don't know Paul ? ;)
    Impressive :)!

I don't know you Shay !

• Registered Users Posts: 292 ✭✭shayleon

I don't know you Shay !
    only until the 2nd.

btw, would be great if Brauner will bring one of their mics in both tube and non tube versions. I'd love to see the difference in an identical model. I'm sure that tons of stuff will happen during the show, and not all our desires will happen, but if possible - it'll be great.

cheers.

Dirk Brauner is due to do a Presentation.

He has one mic, the VMA that has a switchable pre , one circuit is solid state, one is valve.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 975 ✭✭✭squibs

Paul - I would love to come along to do an interview or two, or maybe a gear review if I can get my head around the boutique gear that will be on display. Mostly, I'd just like to show up, pretend I'm important and mingle :)

Let me know if its cool to show up - I'd like to book the interviews/reviews in advance. I can give you details on PM.

What sort of interview ?

Paul - I would like to talk to Barry Dempsey, Digidesign, Peter Van Hooke - and many others. Its for a fanzine rather than Vogue or Sound on Sound magazine, but it's well regarded. It's through the same magazine that I did the forthcoming Thomas Dolby interview I mentioned here a few weeks back (which should be published by the end of the month - link to follow in this forum and kudos to madtheory for supplying a question that lead to a revelationary response!).

PM me for details and we'll have a chat.

squibs wrote: »
    Paul - I would like to talk to Barry Dempsey, Digidesign, Peter Van Hooke - and many others. Its for a fanzine rather than Vogue or Sound on Sound magazine, but it's well regarded. It's through the same magazine that I did the forthcoming Thomas Dolby interview I mentioned here a few weeks back (which should be published by the end of the month - link to follow in this forum and kudos to madtheory for supplying a question that lead to a revelationary response!).

PM me for details and we'll have a chat.

Peter Van Hooke won't be there I'm afraid.
    Let's see how things pan out!

So I'm not invited?

• Advertisement

Everyone is invited !!

Advertisement