Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Audio Warehouse Recording Show

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 650 ✭✭✭Aridstarling

So, if I was to bring down my tiny pair of Fame SDCs (30 quid for the pair) they might get used in a shootout against a set of Neumanns or Brauners or something? Because I'd be eager to hear the difference in black and white as it were.;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,790 ✭✭✭PaulBrewer

So, if I was to bring down my tiny pair of Fame SDCs (30 quid for the pair) they might get used in a shootout against a set of Neumanns or Brauners or something? Because I'd be eager to hear the difference in black and white as it were.;)

Yes!

Excellent, I'll stick them in the bag. Should be, ahem, interesting... That being said, I've surprisingly never had a problem with their quality so I will never complain about them. At least not until I can actually afford the pair of NT5s I've had my eye on.

• Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭petermaher

Hi all, Peter Maher here, acquaintance of Mr.Brewer and Owner of Middlewalk recording studio(the venue for the show). I didn't want Paul hogging all the limelight so I said I better join in inviting everyone to the show on the 2nd and 3rd sept. As Paul has said there are some extremely interesting people attending and from my experience they are well worth chatting to. It'll all be very informal and the night of the 2nd there's a barbeque happening in the local watering hole and all are welcome to attend that too. If anyone has any questions please don't hesitate to ask.:)

I'm trying to convince a well known multi-million selling guitar player/producer to join us too ...... details to follow!

• Advertisement

Noel Hogan, guitar player with the Cranberries will be attending our show on Sept 2nd.

Noel won't be doing a presentation per-se but will be buzzin around. He's a very personable human and will gladly chat to anyone one about the Cranberries or his Mono Band and Arkitekt projects.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Noel_Hogan

Matt Dobson from Exigy Monitors will be there too.

I'm looking forward what he has to say on the whats and whatnots of speaker design.

http://www.exigy.co.uk/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,093 ✭✭✭TelePaul

This gets bigger and better by the minute!

It's an opportunity for us all to do what we do here every day .... yak about gear.

But we also have the opportunity to do it face to face and with help from some of the best industry brains.

I keep sayin' it and it's true - you'd be daft to miss it.

Just to let you know we've a basic info page on our website with Show Info.
    I'll be updating it (and tidying it!) but the core info is correct, how to get there etc.

http://www.audiowarehouse.ie/recording.html

If at anytime you need to get back to this it's now linked out of my signature.

• Advertisement

The latest addition to the Audio Warehouse Roster is Richard Dowling from WAV Mastering .

Richard will have an Informal Q+A session regarding Mastering - including preparing your tracks for Mastering, what you need to bring to the 'mix' ....

Check out Richard's Stellar CV at -

www.WavMastering.com

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,180 ✭✭✭Seziertisch

Former glamour model Katie Price (a.k.a Jordan) will be on hand to talk about her failed marriage to Peter Andre, her literary career (I s**t you not!), her hopes for the future and the importance of good converters in a professional studio context.

Is it true Kerry Katona is no longer the face of Behringer ?

Here's a Video that Rupert Neve of Neve, Focusrite and RND Portico fame sent us regarding the last show we did.

>

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,245 ✭✭✭old gregg

yea man, this is looking tres sweet for sure.
    just back and this is the next must do thing on my list.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 377 ✭✭henessjon

whats the story re crashing for the night? is it party night too!!!

henessjon wrote: »

Everyone is staying at the www.abbeycourt.ie

There will indeed be a party!

At '07s Show 2 company representatives arrived at the studio before we did mid morning.
    We found them at the next door bar on their second pints playing pool.

Such is the calibre of Audio Equipment Reps!

henessjon wrote: »
    There's a barbeque/party on the wednesday night in a secret venue within walking distance of the hotel. The name of the venue will be given out on the day to all attendees of the show.;)

it's starting to sound like a RAVE!!! maybe get out the old smiley t-shirt for this one :)

It's turning into a festival, portaloos and hotdog stands!! I think guinness are interested in sponsoring the event!!:D

• Advertisement

chicks in fluffy boots

There are a few Dublin lads going down to the Show who have spare seats.

Anyone in the Dublin area need a spin down ?

Some of the guys I was chasing for our show but who just can't make it this year are -

Paul White + Hugh Robjohns of Sound on Sound.
    Both want to do a Q+A next year which should be interesting.

BBC 6Music's Tom Robinson
    Having been introduced to Tom because of our work with The Evora we've maintained contact. He thought he could reschedule his BBC Diary to allow him to attend but it's just not possible this year. He too has promised to make next years (if I give him sufficient notice!)

Gang of Four's Andy Gill was on my list but as he's up to his gills (!) in the new GoF's stuff and other projects so he too can't attend. He's another good example of a Producer/Studio owner who makes things 'work' in a fashion which recognises the changing biz. Maybe next year too !

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wTmqx-if_lU&feature=related

MGMT on Live from Abbey Road recorded and mixed by Rupert Cobb and Graham Bonnet.

Rupert will be with us on Weds.

Anybody else have to get back on Tuesday night? I'm gigging Wednesday so I'm in a little bit of a hurry back. Plus I couldn't afford to stay the night anywhere anyway!:o

Main Show day is Weds Arid, yea ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,731 ✭✭✭11811

This is looking good, I'll stick my head on wednesday.
    Pity about Andy Gill - would be an interesting guy to speak with.
    What time is kick off?

I guess around Midday , but a lot of us will be there on the Tuesday onwards , so anytime really ....

A last minute addition to the roster is Ireland's only pro audio manufacturer ,
    David Browne and Enhanced Audio .

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fcc6beBYVlE

http://www.enhancedaudio.ie/

• Advertisement

And still they come ! ...

www.tpoireland.com

The Production Office will be joining us too.

The Production Office provides audio services and equipment for entertainment and broadcast in Ireland and overseas.

Good to have Ado on board !

Advertisement